Anthem of the seas is headed back to Cape Liberty now due to a storm

lazeyey

I've yet to see this applied to a one paragraph post of 1000 words. I actually tried to read the first one of those I saw. I learned my lesson. I don't even try to read those any more.

I agree. It's just common courtesy to your fellow cc members to allow them to read what is being said.

Hootowlrn, thank you for sharing your firsthand account. I agree that though there was a storm, Royal Caribbean did seem to use the storm as a good excuse to return early to fix the noro problem.

And though the cheerleaders were out in full force over this, I wouldn't at all be surprised if Royal Caribbean was trying desparately to avoid bad press after the recent Anthem storm incident.

Now hopefully the ship will be squeaky clean and have many wonderful sailings!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We met you on a cruise several years ago and still love your sense of humor:D

Loved the penguin picture, we did around the horn in 2013 and saw them in person.....brought back many wonderful memories.

Which one, there are two in that post. :p

So, how is it going?

My feeling also is that the possibility of another storm encounter was a convenient, even though maybe belated, excuse for RCI to have Anthem return early for a good sanitation and clean up. For us this is good news as we embark on Monday.

Hopefully this weekend's bash won't undo all that has happened over the last few days. :D

Not sure they would use a potential storm as an excuse to curtail a cruise for sanitisation (the correct spelling). Not sure you would enjoy your sailing if they inconveniently sailed into a storm. Sure the opposite would be the preferred option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well Mr. York of Yorkshire, UK, not PA I believe,

I may have not used the most accurate noun for what I was using it for but it was spelled correctly. Webster's definition for sanitation includes " the application of sanitary measures for the protection of public health" so I wasn't too far out.

Actually when I read here on CC about Anthem encounter with the storm last month I thought I wouldn't have minded being on that cruise as I like the motion of the ship in rough seas. After 52 cruises we've been through a few such rides aboard cruise ships. Our very first cruise was onboard a ship less than one tenth the size of Anthem which didn't have stabilizers and we got caught in a storm with 30 to 40 foot waves that were crashing over the bridge and top deck on that Fall sailing in the Caribbean. Both DW and I had no problem with that situation and virtually had the dining room to ourselves. Also have experienced similar condition on Radiance class, which is half the size of Anthem, in the open Pacific during similar rough seas.

Also I suggest you familiarize yourself with the CC guidelines, click on that in the header above, which includes the following

Spelling & Grammar Errors

It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies.

Now look at the spelling of the flower that forms the latter part of my screen name. That was my nickname as a child in my first language. DW, who only speaks English, gets a chuckle quite often at some of the phrases, pronunciation and words that I can come up with. Yes, when writing here, the dictionary and spell check helps but not always.

By the way most folks on this side of the pond spell it sanitization but maybe your spelling is more common where you are. I believe the letter s is used quite often in the place of the letter z in English.

While we are the subject of English, which you started, shouldn't that be surely, the adverb, instead of sure, the adjective in your last sentence. :D

Your opinion re RCI action is noted. At least you did express an opinion unlike others. Thanks :)

Edited by robtulipe

Lady Luck T, you are not listed on our roll call............still time to sign up!!!

Vickie, yes she's on our sailing and has posted once on our roll call, asking Colorado Babe what it cost them to upgrade to the W (suite) gty that got them their regular JS but never introduced herself.

See you Monday on Anthem.

Vickie, yes she's on our sailing and has posted once on our roll call, asking Colorado Babe what it cost them to upgrade to the W (suite) gty that got them their regular JS but never introduced herself.

I'm reading between the lines.

See ya Monday!!

Which one, there are two in that post. :p

So, how is it going?

Two pictures, hundreds of penguins,,,,,liked both. Can't remember which ship we met on. but it was on the mid Atlantic coast. Mercury? Enchantment? Explorer? Silhouette? It was a 12 day cruise.

We are sailing on the much talked about Anthem on Monday,,,,,,and you?:D

Edited by Ocean Dancer

Two pictures, hundreds of penguins,,,,,liked both. Can't remember which ship we met on. but it was on the mid Atlantic coast. Mercury? Enchantment? Explorer? Silhouette? It was a 12 day cruise.

We are sailing on the much talked about Anthem on Monday,,,,,,and you?:D

We met on the Enchantment in early 2012 (it is the only 12 night cruise I've been on). Here is a link to my review ...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1583157

However, I've since moved the photos, so the links to the picture don't work any more.

Oops - the link above is the "live" thread. Here is the actual review ...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1591335

As for me, I'll be on the less talked about Liberty OTS (though it did just get waterslides) in April, then a partial transit through the Panama Canal (I hope I'm on the part of the ship that goes through the canal) in December with NCL (I have a forward facing balcony), and in March 2017 a Caribbean cruise with Princess.

Edited by Cuizer2

Oh, and if you do venture to post your opinion on here afterwards, be sure to type it into a word processing program and run it past 2 or 3 English professors while you're at it just to make sure it's perfect enough for the hard core critics on this site :)

TOTALLY uncalled for! :mad:

One of the sweetest, most non confrontational and helpful people on this forum politely ask you if you could put your post into paragraphs in order to make it easier to read and you retort like this?

I realize you feel like you have been attacked and have now gone into defense mode but you are taking it out on the WRONG person! Your post was extremely hard to read! I wasn't even gonna bother even though I was interested in what you had to say.

Edited by ryano

We met on the Enchantment in early 2012 (it is the only 12 night cruise I've been on). Here is a link to my review ...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1583157

However, I've since moved the photos, so the links to the picture don't work any more.

Oops - the link above is the "live" thread. Here is the actual review ...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1591335

As for me, I'll be on the less talked about Liberty OTS (though it did just get waterslides) in April, then a partial transit through the Panama Canal (I hope I'm on the part of the ship that goes through the canal) in December with NCL (I have a forward facing balcony), and in March 2017 a Caribbean cruise with Princess.

Yes, I remember now, out of Baltimore. I'm trying to imagine you on the water slide.......go for it!!!:D

I want to do a full Panama Canal transit . DH, Jerry did it in the Navy.

Enjoy your cruises:)

Vicki

See ya Monday!!

Reading between what lines? I didn't sign up for the roll call because as I said previously my husband has no interest in being involved in a meet and mingle. Truth be told he refers to all of the posters over there and in the entire rccl forum as "cackling hens" that have nothing better to do than bash postings that do not agree with theirs.

So there you have "the exact line". No need to exert yourself reading between the lines

Edited by Lady Luck T

I truly can't figure out what your beef is with me? What is the problem?

P.s. I can answer myself as to which sailing I'm on.

Truth be told he refers to all of the posters over there and in the entire rccl forum as "cackling hens" that have nothing better to do than bash postings that do not agree with theirs.

It would be pretty boring without that - it's a CC tradition.:cool:

We met you on a cruise several years ago and still love your sense of humor:D

Loved the penguin picture, we did around the horn in 2013 and saw them in person.....brought back many wonderful memories.

Lady Luck T, just wondering which Anthem sailing you are on?:confused:

We leave Monday, you have a great cruise!:)

What is your issue with me? Your post about reading between the lines is confusing to me and I don't appreciate it. You have a confused emoji after after asking what sailing I'm on. I'm on the March 7th sailing. No secret. I've said it before. The real question is why are you so interested to the point of confusion?

And I plan on having a great cruise!

ROFL...wow! You took one sentence...because that is the only sentence where I even mentioned the weather (and this is a close but not exact quote ) I'm not saying there wasn't a storm brewing but do I think that RC used that to bring the Anthem back for a good sterilization...absolutely! And determined that I was saying I knew anything about weather, let alone was claiming to be an expert, or more about handling a ship than the captain! Oh, that was very nice!

I'm quickly figuring out why this site is called cruisecritic. It's not because people can go on and voice their honest opinions about a ship or cruiseline...no indeed, it's because some of the people in the forums are so critical when you do try to post.

you said the ship was returning early due to a sterilization not the storm. You must think you know something more then the people in charge to not believe them and say the storm was not why they were returning.. Ships have come home early a lot of times for Noro and they always say that is why the are returning early. If that was the reason noro why wouldn't they just say it. People on here haven't a clue as to how the decision was made to return. Unless you have proof everyone should keep their comments to themselves, instead of making things up.

I truly can't figure out what your beef is with me? What is the problem?

P.s. I can answer myself as to which sailing I'm on.

I don't really have a beef with you at all.

I'm just responding to an inquiry from another person on our roll call and one is allowed to do so on these open forum. I figured Vicki missed your other posts indicating you weren't interested in our roll call and the Meet & Mingle and likely wouldn't accept her invitation anyway.

I am now thinking there must be a reason why you are so sensitive. Perhaps you do have two identities on this forum, not that it matters much to me.

Maybe that is what Vicki is reading between the line.

PS- I do respond to all posts directed to me. ;)

Edited by robtulipe

I'm just responding to an inquiry from another person on our roll call and one is allowed to do so on these open forum. I figured Vicki missed your other posts indicating you weren't interested in our roll call and the Meet & Mingle and likely wouldn't accept her invitation anyway.

I am now thinking there must be a reason why you are so sensitive. Perhaps you do have two identities on this forum, not that it matters much to me.

Sensitive? All the comments that have been passively aggressively made toward me?? This is crazy. Why would I have 2 identities? Obviously it matters freakishly way too much to you. You guys have way too much free time on your hands. Conspiracy theories on a cruise message board. You all should take that show on the road. Whoa!!

Edited by Lady Luck T

you said the ship was returning early due to a sterilization not the storm. You must think you know something more then the people in charge to not believe them and say the storm was not why they were returning.. Ships have come home early a lot of times for Noro and they always say that is why the are returning early. If that was the reason noro why wouldn't they just say it. People on here haven't a clue as to how the decision was made to return. Unless you have proof everyone should keep their comments to themselves, instead of making things up.

The poster was on the ship. Royal might be afraid to give that reason because of all the recent bad press. Why blast this person for expressing their opinion. If you don't agree that's fine but it doesn't make you right or make them wrong.

Edited by Lady Luck T

This is why people don't want to participate in roll calls...

What is your issue with me? Your post about reading between the lines is confusing to me and I don't appreciate it. You have a confused emoji after after asking what sailing I'm on. I'm on the March 7th sailing. No secret. I've said it before. The real question is why are you so interested to the point of confusion?

And I plan on having a great cruise!

Originally Posted by Ocean Dancer View Post

Lady Luck T, just wondering which Anthem sailing you are on?:confused:

We leave Monday, you have a great cruise! :)

WHOA!!!!!

I did NOT know what sailing you were on and I did NOT see your name on our roll call, therefore, I just asked a simple question and wished you a great cruise. If my emoji etiquette is not up to your standards that is your opinion. Emogjs are meant to be fun and it was just a QUESTION MARK!:rolleyes:

We are going on a cruise...........be happy:D

See ya Monday!!

Here you go Ocean. There was nothing nice about your post. Passive aggressive (a/k/a cowardly) comment pointed at me. Crazy!! Again I ask, what is your issue with me??

Your suggestion that I am not happy is quite inaccurate too. Thanks for the advice but I'm good

Edited by Lady Luck T

Reading between what lines? I didn't sign up for the roll call because as I said previously my husband has no interest in being involved in a meet and mingle. Truth be told he refers to all of the posters over there and in the entire rccl forum as "cackling hens" that have nothing better to do than bash postings that do not agree with theirs.

So there you have "the exact line". No need to exert yourself reading between the lines ����

I haven't read any "cackling hen "posts on our roll call. Everyone has been very nice and helpful.

As for "cackling hens" on this thread.........I will keep my mouth shut!!!