Anthem of the seas is headed back to Cape Liberty now due to a storm

lazeyey

I said if weather was the ONLY reason for coming back early they would not have made anyone disembark before the original cruise end date.

My suggestion; read more closely and THINK before you respond, or stick with your gut and say nothing at all. Your failure to comprehend a simple statement doesn't mean I have an agenda. :rolleyes:

I understood and can read and comprehend. They only came back because of the storm. Noro had nothing to do with why they came back early.But since they are back they started cleaning. I am sure those boarding Friday appreciate that.

???.. Is that comment pointed at me? I don't know if it is or what you are referring to but I will say that we don't have to have the same opinions to post on this board. This captain is not one that I'm looking forward to having in charge on our cruise. Period... Ended. If u don't feel the same that is your opinion.
:

Ok???:D

All I know is that I wish you a wonderful cruise.:cool:

I think the master of the ship is most likely a good human being, and that if you saw him as a fellow human being, knowing that he isn't perfect but he has skills, you would be wise to realize that he probably knows more about sailing a giant cruise ship than you do.....

Again... Have a wonderful cruise.

JC

Well your opinion is yours to have but you are definitely in the minority concerning Capt. Klaus abilities and I very pleased that he, as a very capable and proven master, will be in charge of the cruise we're both on. As others have mentioned quite a few times in the different threads covering the Anthem storm encounter that decision wasn't made by Capt. Klaus only. I'm certain RCI HO had the greatest part in the decision to sail that itinerary as scheduled.

I doubt we'll see you at the M&M get together party or even interact at all with any of us as the only contribution you have had on our roll call is the one post asking what another member paid for an upgrade to a suite.

It's a real shame you can't cancel without a financial lost.

PS- by the way please tell us where else could he have sailed to as shown by the satellite shot below of that storm ? I certainly would not want to go north east to Canada and even then our Maritimes provinces got hit by the same storm a few days later. I guess the only real option for you would have been if RCI had cancelled that sailing.

AnthemStorm09_zps0fjoyecm.jpg

But didn't that person brag about how she got a free upgrade from RCI to a suite, a GS if I recall correctly, from a regular balcony cabin before she started her rant about RCI and Capt. Klaus. Their TA, who was a friend, got this because it was a significant anniversary for her.

On Feb. 22nd Lady Luck T posted the following in her one post on our roll call in a response to the post above her quoted post below.

Maybe that was all a diversion on our roll call. :confused: :D

Why are you stalking my posts? What is the problem? ... And you don't know what you are talking about. I don't have a suite. Very weird!

Lady Lucky T, you need to improve your reading skill as I'm the one who posted that you were the one interested in the cost of upgrading to a JS and quoted your only post on Anthem's March 7th sailing roll call in the next post to show that. I never mentioned you had a suite and pointed out it was the other person being discussed that indicated she had been upgraded for free to a GS.

So quoting your posts in your mind equals me stalking you.

I simply do that so others know who I am responding to, what I'm responding about and to support my opinion.

How about answering the question I posed in my first response to you?

It was a 7 night cruise with a storm coming north east up the east coast of the USA, which the ship hit late on day 2 when sailing to Cape Canaveral. So tell us what were Capt. Claus options as to other places Anthem could go to within that limited time frame?

Likely none, do the itinerary as scheduled or cancel that sailing.

Edited by robtulipe

Lady Lucky T, you need to improve your reading skill as I'm the one who posted that you were the one interested in the cost of upgrading to a JS and quoted your only post on the March 7th roll call after to show that. I never mentioned you had a suite and pointed out it was the other person being discussed that indicated she had been upgraded for free to a GS.

I simply do that so others know who I am responding to, what I'm responding about and to support my opinion.

How about answering the question I posed in my first response to you. It was a 7 night cruise with a storm coming north east up the east coast of the USA, which the ship hit late on day 2. So tell us what were Capt. Claus options as to other places Anthem could go to with that limited time frame?

Likely none, try what they did or Cancel that sailing.

Chill robtulipe. I just expect a full report if you meet "her" at the meet and mingle.:D:D:eek::rolleyes:

JC

I understood and can read and comprehend. They only came back because of the storm. Noro had nothing to do with why they came back early.But since they are back they started cleaning. I am sure those boarding Friday appreciate that.

So do we who embark next Monday, hopefully. :D

Chill robtulipe. I just expect a full report if you meet "her" at the meet and mingle.:D:D:eek::rolleyes:

JC

I highly doubt that will happen and even if it did I don't do reports. :D

I sure you've noticed with your own past experiences on CC that this type of person rarely introduces themselves by name even on roll calls and seldom attend the M&M. ;)

I highly doubt that will happen and even if it did I don't do reports. :D

I sure you've noticed with your own past experiences on CC that this type of person rarely introduces themselves by name even on roll calls and seldom attend the M&M. ;)

O they may attend, but never introduce themselves.:D

I always wear something pre identified to the roll call so if any of "them" want to tell me why I have been wrong all those years, have a full opportunity.

So far zero....:D

JC

Robtulipe has The other person posted recently?

JC

While they haven't posted to the rollcall since January, they have more than 100 posts in February and logged into their account yesterday.

My take on that question was whether she had posted on our roll call recently as it was in response to my post about her posts there.

Anyone active on the RCI forum must certainly know that she on been very active recently especially on the thread involving Anthem. :D

Edited by robtulipe

Chill robtulipe. I just expect a full report if you meet "her" at the meet and mingle.

JC

Yeah, me too.;) But you really need to watch your back. There were threats made about what would happen at the M&M, remember? (You might consider wearing a disguise to the M&M...:D:eek::rolleyes:)

Judy

O they may attend, but never introduce themselves.:D

I always wear something pre identified to the roll call so if any of "them" want to tell me why I have been wrong all those years, have a full opportunity.

So far zero....:D

JC

I guess that's why some don't dare to wear the provided M&M name tags. :D

Edited by robtulipe

Lady Lucky T, you need to improve your reading skill as I'm the one who posted that you were the one interested in the cost of upgrading to a JS and quoted your only post on Anthem's March 7th sailing roll call in the next post to show that. I never mentioned you had a suite and pointed out it was the other person being discussed that indicated she had been upgraded for free to a GS.

How about answering the question I posed in my first response to you?

It was a 7 night cruise with a storm coming north east up the east coast of the USA, which the ship hit late on day 2 when sailing to Cape Canaveral. So tell us what were Capt. Claus options as to other places Anthem could go to within that limited time frame?

Likely none, do the itinerary as scheduled or cancel that sailing.

Well my post about the suite cost has nothing to do with the other posts you have quoted with it. Why are you quoting me from another board anyway? I don't even really follow that thread. None of this nonsense has anything to do with my posts on this thread. This is all really weird.

JC

What are you talking about? Another quoted post about me and that has nothing to do with the original discussion here. I'm not even signed up for a meet and mingle. My husband would never go to something like that. He thinks this forum is ridiculous! Lol. I never said I was going.

While they haven't posted to the rollcall since January, they have more than 100 posts in February and logged into their account yesterday.

Anybody but me think that we are talking to a new named person that we talked to last month?:D

JC

I believe we have the same person here. ;)

I wonder who they might have been 3 user names ago, and if that account is still active? Didn't they have another user name that they "supported themselves" during an Anthem thread but Aquahound caught them quoting themselves?

Edited by A&L_Ont

We just got back. There were many people who were sick and some of them didn't tell them as they didn't want to stay in their cabin. They didn't want to take a chance with the weather the sailing back was extremely calm. Most of us were okay with the decision and reimbursement of 2 days free internet and phone and 50% for next cruise. So those who were not on the ship should stop posting what happened THE SHIP is beautiful and staff extremely friendly. ONTARIO CRUISER

We just got back. There were many people who were sick and some of them didn't tell them as they didn't want to stay in their cabin. They didn't want to take a chance with the weather the sailing back was extremely calm. Most of us were okay with the decision and reimbursement of 2 days free internet and phone and 50% for next cruise. So those who were not on the ship should stop posting what happened THE SHIP is beautiful and staff extremely friendly. ONTARIO CRUISER

This is a bit shocking to me. First, I would think if one had the norovirus, you really COULDN'T be far from your cabin. (you need the bathroom every 2 minutes) and second, that tells me that those people are deliberately spreading all of their germs. :mad:

I didn't see it but apparently one passenger had an accident while waiting in line at customer service I also had two passengers tell me that their spouse were sick and these two people were walking around coming home yesterday a lady in line with us boarding the plane told me she had it and did stay in her cabin. Ontario Cruiser

I'm happy to see that you were "OK" with the compensation arrangement. Having sailed quantum, and getting ready for Anthem on the 27th for 12N, I just can't boast enough about (as you say) how beautiful the ship is.

Regarding those that were sick, didn't report and didn't quarantine in their cabin; that is the real problem with 'noro. In the first place, inadequate hygiene (we don't need to list the primary source of 'noro and we don't need to run the stories of noticed restroom practices (or lack thereof)), in the second, total lack of consideration when infected with regard to other passengers. Not surprised though, as it only takes a certain % of the population of passengers (or crew) with this societal behavior to make outbreaks of anything so common (ships, resorts, theme parks, campuses, schools, etc.)

So we adjust our own prevention methods, techniques and 'make the best of it.

Other than a cruise line being responsible for the health monitoring of the 'crew; they have absolutely NO CONTROL over the behavior and 'inactions (first and second above) of passengers. IMO.

Again, happy 'you're happy with the compensation.

We can't wait for the cruise to start on the 27th.

Well my post about the suite cost has nothing to do with the other posts you have quoted with it. Why are you quoting me from another board anyway? I don't even really follow that thread. None of this nonsense has anything to do with my posts on this thread. This is all really weird.

Yes, I can see why there is some confusion for you.

Most of the these posts here are concerning another poster, IMO that is, that is also on the March 7th Anthem cruise, was posting on that roll call and has previously expressed many times her extreme disdain and contempt for Capt. Claus and has said she wouldn't want to be on a cruise that he is master on because of what happen on the Anthem storm encountering cruise. She also claimed to have even inquired about cancelling the cruise because of what happened.

She has clashed with quite a few posters with her posts concerning other subjects on many other threads and some feel you and her are the same person since you came on this forum only 3 weeks ago, are also from NJ, have a similar way of expressing yourself and have the same opinion of Capt. Claus which is being expressed very strongly.

This other poster appears to have been caught posting under another screen name to support her own posts so some here think you are the third reincarnation of that other poster here on this forum and the suite cost inquiry was a Red Herring, done to throw everyone off as that other poster had mentioned she had recieved a complimentary upgrade to a Grand suite for their upcoming cruise.

Lets hope we all have a wonderful cruise on Anthem for the 12 nights we are onboard. :)

Edited by robtulipe

Good to know! Hoping for the best but I certainly don't want to spend even one second of my vacation sick or in the middle of a horrible storm. I'm prepared for anything and everything. Hopefully it will be fine and a wonderful 2 weeks.

Yes, I can see why there is some confusion for you.

Most of the these posts here are concerning another poster, IMO that is, that is also on the March 7th Anthem cruise, was posting on that roll call and has previously expressed many times her extreme disdain and contempt for Capt. Claus and has said she wouldn't want to be on a cruise that he is master on because of what happen on the Anthem storm encountering cruise. She also claimed to have even inquired about cancelling the cruise because of what happened.

She has clashed with quite a few posters with her posts concerning other subjects on many other threads and some feel you and her are the same person since you came on this forum only 3 weeks ago, are also from NJ, have a similar way of expressing yourself and have the same opinion of Capt. Claus which is being expressed very strongly.

This other poster appears to have been caught posting under another screen name to support her own posts so some here think you are the third reincarnation of that other poster here on this forum and the suite cost inquiry was a Red Herring, done to throw everyone off as that other poster had mentioned she had recieved a complimentary upgrade to a Grand suite for their upcoming cruise.

Lets hope we all have a wonderful cruise on Anthem for the 12 nights we are onboard. :)

Wow! That is crazy. There are a lot of people on the Anthem threads from Jersey and I can't imagine that I am the one and only that feels that way about the storm thing but oh well!! I'm looking forward to Monday and hope that our voyage goes through without a hitch!! My husband keeps telling me to get off the forums and the internet 😊

Wow! That is crazy. There are a lot of people on the Anthem threads from Jersey and I can't imagine that I am the one and only that feels that way about the storm thing but oh well!! I'm looking forward to Monday and hope that our voyage goes through without a hitch!! My husband keeps telling me to get off the forums and the internet 😊

Enjoy your anniversary cruise, come back and tell us all about it.

Please come back and let us know how it was. Do you plan on keeping in touch on CC while you are on the ship?

If I were scheduled to cruise on the Anthem, I would cancel. We sailed on the Quantum last year and the cruise was very disappointing. Food poor to fair- crowds worse then on NCL. Because of that negative experience we cancelled our March 2016 Anthem cruise this year and will go on Celebrity out of Florida instead.

We have a Harmony cruise booked and really enjoy the Oasis and Freedom class ships.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Please come back and let us know how it was. Do you plan on keeping in touch on CC while you are on the ship?

Honestly I think I would only report the good stuff (and hopefully that will be everything) because I don't want to get bashed here anymore for opinions that differ from the majority. Not sure if I will have time to post while on the ship... Hopefully I'll be to busy having a blast 😀