Most expensive drinks to order?

carnivaladdict

So now that they bumped up the cheers program to $50 maximum. What's some of the more expensive drinks to order? I found that anytime I was using the original package nothing was really over $10 anyways.

You can have an expensive drink with multiple shots of the same or different cheap booze OR you can opt for better quality spirits. For example, there's the swill gin in the bar well or Bombay or Bombay Sapphire. Line them up and you'll find it doesn't take an expert to figure out which one is smoother and more complex in taste.

So, try a simple Gin and Tonic made with a double shot of Sapphire (and lime) or a double shot of Hendrick's (and cucumber). On some cruise lines, that would run over $20 each plus tip.

Another worthwhile cocktail would be a Perfect Sidecar made with Hennessey Privilege Cognac (or similar), Cointreau and fresh lemon juice (don't let the bartender add that yucky citrus mixer -even if it means he has to squeeze a dozen or so of the quartered lemons meant for garnishing. Also, won't be cheap.

For a great Margarita, steer clear of rot gut like Jose Cuervo tequila and opt instead for something like El Tessoro Reposado (the Anejo is more expensive but the added aging IMO makes it too smooth). Also, agave nectar + fresh lime juice is way better than bottled mixers and, if you have to have that hint of orange, use Cointreau instead of Triple Sec.

The list goes on.... (Don't get me started on single malts or Pisco!)....

My personal all time favorite cocktail is an Aviation (one of the true old classics with at least one ingredient that the ship may not have - Creme de Violette): Bombay Sapphire, Maraschino Liquer, lemon juice, enough Violette to make a purple haze in the drink and two Bada Bing cherries (bottled Bing cherries in juice instead of those neon reds usually served on a ship). you can get Bada Bings at liquor stores like Bev Mo.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

I guess I would hope for more top shelf brands similar to what Flatbush Flyer mentioned plus for wine drinkers, the range of wines has been expanded with the higher per glass limit. I am waiting to see if double shots, floats and side cars are included as I don't believe they were with the previous program. The real question is will the cost of most drinks now increase since Carnival has eliminated the possible back-lash from Cheers participants. Time will tell.

I guess I would hope for more top shelf brands similar to what Flatbush Flyer mentioned plus for wine drinkers, the range of wines has been expanded with the higher per glass limit. I am waiting to see if double shots, floats and side cars are included as I don't believe they were with the previous program. The real question is will the cost of most drinks now increase since Carnival has eliminated the possible back-lash from Cheers participants. Time will tell.

Recently RCI and NCL had pretty step price increase on there cocktails. I thought that was to drive people to there respective drink packages.

Indeed time will tell

The new rules are up to $50.00 a serving. A serving is not a double or float or sidecar.

Recently RCI and NCL had pretty step price increase on there cocktails. I thought that was to drive people to there respective drink packages.

Indeed time will tell

NCL just raised their beverage package price a couple of days ago to $79 a day + 18% gratuities. That is $93.22 a day for their drink package.:eek:

Edited by ready2cruzagain

NCL just raised their beverage package price a couple of days ago to $79 a day + 18% gratuities. That is $93.22 a day for their drink package.:eek:

Holy Crud

I guess they are forcing everyone to get the free drink package at booking along with the higher fare's

NCL better be careful, They have a nice product but not a elite one.

They are going to price themselves out of the market.

Edited by Bases5

Wondering two things. First, is Carnival's expanded package for a lower price than NCL a marketing move to lure NCL cruisers to try Carnival? Second, if I buy it now for my August cruise for the $49.95 price, will that lock in the price (knowing I can cancel it pre-cruise should I change my mind)?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by E&B

• 3 weeks later...