Carnival cruise to Bermuda?

jarikuhh

I'm currently looking at Carnival cruises to Bermuda and was I noticed that it stays overnight in Bermuda for two nights and is there for three days, overall. I had a few questions and was hoping someone might be able to answer them.

With the ship being docked for two nights does this mean that the ship is used like a hotel and we can get off whenever we want?

Do they still have excursions for these days, like they do for other cruises?

Does anyone know which part of Bermuda it brings you to? So we could look at some things close by and see what there is to do in that area.

What some things we shouldn't miss out on in Bermuda, if we decide to go there?

Thank you so much in advance!

While I haven't done Carnival to Bermuda, yes, the hotel in essence is a hotel for the days its there. I assume Carnival will offer excursions, but with the time there, very easy to do stuff on your own. I assume the ship will dock at the Royal Naval Dockyard.

Things to do, well there's the beach. Horseshoe Beach seems to be popular. I enjoyed the caves. There is also a zoo/aquarium. There's a museum at the dockyard. Might also want to take the ferry to St. Georges to wander around.

We actually had a Bermuda cruise booked on the Sunshine last October, unfortunately hurricane got in the way.:( But suggest you look under port of call board and find Bermuda on their, it has loads of very helpful information and basically I planned our 3-days from their information. It does seem to be a very easy do on your own destination, just a matter of planning what you want to do ahead of time. Good Luck, and may I suggest you go in May or early June rather than hurricane season in fall, when we got rerouted we had to do an eastern itinerary instead. Very disappointed cruise ship for 8-days, lol.

We have done 2 Bermuda cruises, both for that amount of time and it is very nice and yes, you can plan and do a lot of it on your own, but they also offer excursions. As someone else said, go tot eh Bermuda Boards for more info. A bus/ferry pass will get you all over the islands. Hamilton is great to walk around as well as St. George (less there to see than Hamilton, but very quaint).

Beaches are great!

We love it there! Will go back!

debbie

They will dock at the Royal Naval Dockyard, northeastern part of Bermuda.

You can get on and off at any hours, day or night.

Excursions are available all the days you're there.

For about $44 you can get a 3-day bus and ferry pass and get anywhere on the Island.

We have been to Bermuda 3 or 4 times. Best Island Ever...

You do NOT need to book any excursions. Save your money. You can do everything on your own. Bermuda is probably one of the easiest Islands to navigate. It is only 22 miles long.

Right as you get off the ship in port, there are a couple of Bus/Ferry stands where everyone purchases their passes.

Google BERMUDA MAPS

You will see where the buses take you (DO NOT MISS HORSESHOE BAY) as your beach day. The bus takes you all around the Island...so you can hop on, hop off at your leisure.

The Ferry will take you into Hamilton, where all the shops, bars, restaurants, street fairs are. When you arrive in Hamilton, make sure you look at the sign for the LAST ferry that takes you back to port.

I see by your Avatar pic, that you are a young couple. In port, there are many shops to walk to and things to do, but at night (about 11pm) many young people and the CREW gets off the ship to go to the Beach Party at Snorkel Beach. It is at the end of the pier. You will see a big sign for it. My kids have gone there twice and have a blast. Music, dancing, cocktails....etc. I always sit on my balcony watching people stumble back on the ship as the sun is coming up...lol.

I could go on and on forever. Look up the map. It will help you a lot so you can see everything and everywhere you want to visit. Don't waste your $$$$ on excursions. As I said, this is the one Island that you can do anything on your own....WE ALL DO. :):) Any other questions, I will be happy to answer.

Oh...PS. Bermuda is a very MODEST government. You CANNOT get on the buses or ferries in a bathing suit ...or walk around Hamilton in one. You HAVE to wear a cover-up. Only on the beaches can you wear one.

Edited by champagne123
gggg

I have a fairly extensive review in my signature of our NCL cruise to Bermuda two summers ago. Since it's our only cruise to date, I'm sure when we do our Southern Caribbean cruise this summer we will find it wildly different. It was very nice to have the ship in one place and use it as our hotel. We did all of our touring on our own and found it very easy, even with three kids in tow.

I have a fairly extensive review in my signature of our NCL cruise to Bermuda two summers ago. Since it's our only cruise to date, I'm sure when we do our Southern Caribbean cruise this summer we will find it wildly different. It was very nice to have the ship in one place and use it as our hotel. We did all of our touring on our own and found it very easy, even with three kids in tow.

Just took a peek at your review and pics. GORGEOUS!!!!!!! Cannot wait to return. :):):)

Enjoyed reading this. Especially enjoyed the photos!