Towncars

Jemnibabe

Has anyone used a certain towncar agency in Seattle that they could really recommend for transportation to and from Pier 91? I know there is a huge list of them to choose from and most seem to have good reviews but I really like recommendations from my Cruise Critic friends. Thanks in advance.

Judy from SW Florida

Has anyone used a certain towncar agency in Seattle that they could really recommend for transportation to and from Pier 91? I know there is a huge list of them to choose from and most seem to have good reviews but I really like recommendations from my Cruise Critic friends. Thanks in advance.

Judy from SW Florida

We used Seattle Towncar in September and they were very good. Nice towncar, driver was on time, water bottles in the car, no complaints.

https://seatowncar.com/

They were recommended by someone on the Royal Caribbean board who lives in Seattle and uses them frequently. We would use them again in a heartbeat.

Do you need a towncar because there are several of you travelling together?

Already There gets good reviews in this forum. Use SEARCH THIS FORUM with the word 'towncar' and you'll find past threads and other recommendations.

If you're going directly to the pier from SeaTac, STILA has the airport contract ... it's $45 to downtown. Pier 91 is probably $10-$15 more. You call from the courtesy phone at baggage claim and they meet you at the curb a few minutes later.

http://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/Parking-and-Transportation/Ground-Transportation/Pages/Taxis-and-Limos.aspx

If there are just 2 of you, a Yellow Cab will be about $50 to/from the airport and pier. The flat rate cab company is $35.

http://www.flatrateforhire.com or eastsideforhire.com

• 2 weeks later...

there are multiple larger multi car operators such as

carey limosuine or

bayside limo

they've been around for yrs. There are literally hundreds of one guy one car type of services, so its really hard to recommend because the smaller guys always has a 'friend' to do the runs they can't get to. Shuttle express.com does have towncars and from seatac they have a on site limo provider regulated by the Port of Seattle who runs the port and the airport. By law towncars aren't allowed to 'solicit' so all rides need to be prearranged. I'd be very careful if someone offers you a ride from the pier and you didn't call them firs.

Shuttle Express also offers towncar services. Booking is easy. As locals we have used them many times. The cars are like new and drivers extremely professional. Their arrival and pickup has been "right on time" despite the hour of the day or night. Other companies may be just fine, but our experience is that this has worked very well for us.

I fretted over the best way to get from Sea-Tac to my hotel in Seattle and seriously flirted with using a towncar service. I decided to wait until I arrived at the airport to make my decision, knowing that I could call for a towncar at that time.

I engaged a Skycap at baggage claim and indicated that I wanted a towncar. He took me to the area where there ought to be some; none were there. Could be there "within minutes" I was told by an agent. Taxis were plentiful and the Skycap said a taxi would be more inexpensive than the towncar. I agreed with his suggestion and the fare I paid, including tip, was somewhat less than what the towncar would have cost.

• 3 weeks later...

I was researching this type of info as well.

I've made several calls to different recommended companies and STILA seems to be the cheapest. $45 from SEATAC to downtown plus tip of 20%. This is for an SUV and there are 4 of us plus cruise luggage, probably 6-8 pieces total.

The others I checked were Starline=$85 incl tip, Already There=$90 incl tip, SUV

All others...Bayview, Red Star, Amy's were all over $100 some even $150.

Hope this helps.