Alaska, Pacific Coastal or Hawaii

CNDKangaroo

What would you pick? Alaska, Pacific Coastal or Hawaii all out of Vancouver, BC and about 10 days for Alaska and Pacific Coastal and 15 for Hawaii. We've done Alaska and the Pacific Coastal before and loved both. Price wise they are all comparable. Love the idea of Hawaii (I don't fly well so flying to Hawaii isn't really something I would choose to do) but realize that most of the time it is sea days.

I would do Alaska or Hawaii in a heart beat. Not the Pacific Coastal as we've been to all those ports by car and there's no advantage for us to spend the money and do it again. Alaska is just beautiful and I never grow tired of it. Been to Hawaii 3 times and we love the sea days and will do it gain next year.

What would you pick? Alaska, Pacific Coastal or Hawaii all out of Vancouver, BC and about 10 days for Alaska and Pacific Coastal and 15 for Hawaii. We've done Alaska and the Pacific Coastal before and loved both. Price wise they are all comparable. Love the idea of Hawaii (I don't fly well so flying to Hawaii isn't really something I would choose to do) but realize that most of the time it is sea days.

Sounds like Hawaii might be a good choice. Especially if you have done the others and want to see Hawaii. I can't speak to the cruise leaving from Vancouver, but, on our Hawaii cruises we always have had more choices of things to do than we could actually do. You do need to enjoy sea days.

My last three cruises were the RTs to Hawaii but out of Hawaii and we really enjoyed them. Princess has a full slate of activities for the sea days so it's definitely not a boring cruise -- I don't know if the one from Vancouver has the Hawaiian cultural program, but if they do, it's a big plus.

Do Hawaii this time since you haven't done it and can't easily fly. I loved the Hawaii cruise, and yes it is difficult for some (not me) to have that many sea days, but the 4 port days offer a great comprehensive overview of the Hawaiian islands. I'd do it again if DH would, but he doesn't like that many sea days.

I would pick Hawaii because it's the longest cruise. And the weather will be warmer. Plus, all of the Hawaiian ports are very nice. I also enjoy Alaska. The scenery is spectacular. I wouldn't be that interested in the Pacific Coastal, because it's easy for me to just drive to them.

We have done Alaska and Hawaii out of Vancouver. If you like sea days the Hawaii cruise was great. Princess does have the Hawaii program on the cruise from Vancouver.

I think you answered your own question in your question. My advice - go to Hawaii. It was a great cruise.

My last three cruises were the RTs to Hawaii but out of Hawaii and we really enjoyed them. Princess has a full slate of activities for the sea days so it's definitely not a boring cruise -- I don't know if the one from Vancouver has the Hawaiian cultural program' date=' but if they do, it's a big plus.[/quote']

Yes, we were on the Star in Oct.2015 out of Vancouver, and we had Elua onboard!! How fantastic was that!! You are correct, definitely a big plus.... loved it! :)

Yes, we were on the Star in Oct.2015 out of Vancouver, and we had Elua onboard!! How fantastic was that!! You are correct, definitely a big plus.... loved it! :)

So far, the cruise on the Star out of Vancouver is the only ship ELUA is scheduled on (this far out). By all means, take this cruise. Not only is it on the Star, from Vancouver, and with ELUA; can't beat that combination. You've already done the coastal and Alaska. Go for it.

Thoughts...

• For Alaska.... which month? I like July for dry port weather. August gets wet and September is wetter!.
  • For Hawaii.... how many of those 15 days are sea days? Is there enough port days? What's good is souveniors.... go load your cabin up with Macadamia nuts without luggage surcharges!
  • Pacific Coastal... which ports? Is there enough new stuff there for me to do? Love the San Fran fortune cookies. I would load my cabin with 2 dozen bags for friends!

I always say, go for something new! Sea days are wonderful! There is so much to do that sometimes it's hard to choose, and of course, you can always choose to do nothing, and just relax by the pool, or in your cabin, and read.

I think I would just as soon drive the Pacific coast, which is what we're planning to do late summer next year. Then, Alaska and Hawaii in 2018!

I would do anyone of these itineraries in a heartbeat! We loved our Hawaii cruises but be aware that the seas can be rough the first couple of nights out and the last couple of days back. Also, it doesn't really warm up until you get closer to Hawaii so not really a tropical warm vacation the whole time. It should be quite pleasant, though, about the 2 days surrounding either end of your time in the islands...and of course, nice in Hawaii if not raining.

One of our favorite cruises is the Pacific Coastal but all places we can hit by car as well. Our absolute favorite is the Alaska itinerary and we have had very good luck up there weather wise, but never the likes of what you will find in Hawaii.

I would choose the itinerary, because they are all good ones, based on which ship you will be sailing on. We happen to love the Coral / Island ... and if you choose the Alaska itinerary or any of them for that matter, it is important to us to have an indoor pool area. The Crown and sister ships do not have this option.

Keep us posted on what you decide.

We cruised to Alaska for our first two cruises. We loved each one! Then we sailed to Hawaii in 2013 on the Golden and had a fantastic cruise.

We recently got an offer that we just couldn't refuse and are going to cruise again to Hawaii out of Vancouver this coming April 29th and are very anxious to cruise to Hawaii again.

Then after this cruise to Hawaii, we are looking at the following: Oct 2017 ~ 28 Day Hawaii, Samoa & Tahiti cruise.

Just Mike

Edited by RetiredNTraveling

We cruised to Alaska for our first two cruises. We loved each one! Then we sailed to Hawaii in 2013 on the Golden and had a fantastic cruise.

We recently got an offer that we just couldn't refuse and are going to cruise again to Hawaii out of Vancouver this coming April 29th and are very anxious to cruise to Hawaii again.

Then after this cruise to Hawaii, we are looking at the following: Oct 2017 ~ 28 Day Hawaii, Samoa & Tahiti cruise.

Just Mike

We did the Hawaii, Tahiti cruise in April 2014. Great cruise.

john