Gala Evenings 10 Day Caribbean

DFWGUYZ

I had asked the same question and for sure it will be on the evening of a sea day.

My particular 10 day cruise has three sea days, two at the begining and one

the second from last night.

The consensus was that it would be the first and last sea day.

My particular 10 day cruise has three sea days, two at the begining and one

the second from last night.

The consensus was that it would be the first and last sea day.

I know you mean your last sea day, second from last night - but if the last sea day is the day before debarkation, that will never be a gala night.

The OP was asking what days the Gala Nights would be on.

The number of nights are on the boarding pass but not the dates.

Yes, I understand. I have 2 on a 15 day cruise so there is a remote possibility there there could be one night on a 10. It would be easier to provide a guess on the night (s) after seeing the itinerary.

Edited by cruz chic

If going by your itinerary description, it looks like it's a trip on the Koningsdam? I'd bet HAL would have at least 2 Gala days on a new cruise ship, so day 5 and 9 are the likely ones. If not day 5, then the early departure from Half Moon Cay at 3 PM could also mean a gala night. The other port days has the ship leaving after 5 PM, and thus I doubt HAL would schedule a gala night on those days.

If going by your itinerary description, it looks like it's a trip on the Koningsdam? I'd bet HAL would have at least 2 Gala days on a new cruise ship, so day 5 and 9 are the likely ones. If not day 5, then the early departure from Half Moon Cay at 3 PM could also mean a gala night. The other port days has the ship leaving after 5 PM, and thus I doubt HAL would schedule a gala night on those days.

Thank you vicd1969 for your input this really helps and makes sence. Yes, Koningsdam. It'd be nice if indeed there were two gala evenings because we are the ones that still do the "dress up, formal thing". (Please don't hijack this thread about this tiresome subject) It is about planning dinning options. Thank you CC!

O.K., a look at the HAL web site shows Konigsdam is scheduled to do the 10-day Southern Caribbean Seafarer cruise in Nov and Dec. The itinerary is:

0 - Sail from Ft. Lauderdale

1 - Half Moon Cay

2 - Grand Turk

3 - Amber Cove

4 - At Sea

5 - Bonaire

6 - Curacao

7 - Aruba

8 - At Sea

9 - At Sea

10 - Arrive Ft. Lauderdale

The latest HAL 10-day cruises have 2 Gala nights. Intuitively, I would have said Half Moon Cay and the first sea day out of Aruba.

But ... we just did the Seafarer on Oosterdam (the only difference being Samana instead of Amber Cove) as part of a Collectors' cruise. The two Gala nights were: the at-sea day before Bonaire, and the first sea day after Aruba. Konigsdam of course could do it differently, but FWIW, that is what Oosterdam did last month.

BTW, we really enjoy that itinerary, with all three ABC's. I hope you have a great time!

Dave

Edited by RetiredMustang

O.K., a look at the HAL web site shows Konigsdam is scheduled to do the 10-day Southern Caribbean Seafarer cruise in Nov and Dec. The itinerary is:

0 - Sail from Ft. Lauderdale

1 - Half Moon Cay

2 - Grand Turk

3 - Amber Cove

4 - At Sea

5 - Bonaire

6 - Curacao

7 - Aruba

8 - At Sea

9 - At Sea

10 - Arrive Ft. Lauderdale

The latest HAL 10-day cruises have 2 Gala nights. Intuitively, I would have said Half Moon Cay and the first sea day out of Aruba.

But ... we just did the Seafarer on Oosterdam (the only difference being Samana instead of Amber Cove) as part of a Collectors' cruise. The two Gala nights were: the at-sea day before Bonaire, and the first sea day after Aruba. Konigsdam of course could do it differently, but FWIW, that is what Oosterdam did last month.

BTW, we really enjoy that itinerary, with all three ABC's. I hope you have a great time!

Dave

I like it when there is a delay between embarkation and a gala night. It always comes to quick for my taste.

I like it when there is a delay between embarkation and a gala night. It always comes to quick for my taste.

Interesting, I always like a gala night to be early in the cruise to have a festive start.

Last year we were on a 7-day cruise and I expected the first formal night (as it was called back then) to be on the first day, which was a sea day. But it was the next night, after Grand Turk.We sailed fairly early, so there was time to primp before dinner, but a full sea day would make more sense to me.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder