Do signature Suites receive double nights for mariner status

GoneJohnson

As long as you are paying to do an upsell to that cabin, you will get the double points.

But if HAL upgrades you to that cabin -- no double points.

If you originally booked less than a suite and then took an "upsell" to a suite you do not get double points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as you are paying to do an upsell to that cabin, you will get the double points.
NOT if the the original booking was for a cabin that did not qualify for the double points, unless the upsell price was for the full "published fare". Edited by catl331

I booked a suite and have been offered an upgrade. It would be location only as there are no handicapped Neptune's as I understand. I'm in a wheelchair and am booked right in front stateroom SY5001. There is/was a mid ship port side 8th deck handicapped SY Suite that might be a smoother ride, less wind and closer to the ship activities... it was booked last summer but that may have changed. I'll keep 5001 and try it out... I'll experience first hand the pro's and con's of it.

Tell me if I'm making a big mistake... I went through this about a year ago.

Edited by GoneJohnson

I would switch from 5001 to mid-ship, if I were you. That forward cabin is a long way from everything, which means a lot of pushing your wheelchair for someone. It gets exhausting to push a wheelchair over all the carpeting on the ship.

(ignore this advice if you are in a power wheelchair.)

NOT if the the original booking was for a cabin that did not qualify for the double points, unless the upsell price was for the full "published fare".

[/size][/font]

This has been my experience as well.

I'll have to check my Mariner records, but I don't think I received double points when my original booking was for a Signature Suite.

And, I know for certain that I did not receive double points when I was upsold from a Veranda to a Signature Suite to a Neptune Suite. I even questioned HAL when I saw that the double points were not credited to my account. Because what I paid was a "bargain" in comparison to the published price, I did not qualify for the additional points.

This has been my experience as well.

I'll have to check my Mariner records, but I don't think I received double points when my original booking was for a Signature Suite.

And, I know for certain that I did not receive double points when I was upsold from a Veranda to a Signature Suite to a Neptune Suite. I even questioned HAL when I saw that the double points were not credited to my account. Because what I paid was a "bargain" in comparison to the published price, I did not qualify for the additional points.

If you booked a SS(Signature Suite) you should have received double points.

I called and can upgrade to an aft Neptune. I really would love to even without the perks... but for spot on the boat and that deck. Never been in the aft but after reading, reading... I'd love to try it but not for 900/person. I had an aft booked in March 2015 on Celerbrity 16 day but had to cancel because of health... when booking again I saw HAL's awesome 21 day itineairy I just had to do it.

I'll enjoy the heck out of this cruise even with a wave or two...

If you booked a SS(Signature Suite) you should have received double points.

As long as you book and pay for a signature suite, yes you do get the double days points. Any upsell or upgrade after that to Neptune is a bonus.

As long as you book and pay for a signature suite, yes you do get the double days points. Any upsell or upgrade after that to Neptune is a bonus.

Exactly, upgrade to Neptune, bonus. Upsell to Neptune, maybe a bonus if the price is right?

I'm going to take the chance that the seas are calm and my stateroom 5001 will not hit an $1,800 wave = cost to upgrade. I won't mind a wave here n there but do hope it's nothing constant. This will probably be my last cruise so I want it nice... but you never know...

Edited by GoneJohnson