Question about Beverage Package

NextStopNRT

We are considering purchasing the beverage package on our Princess cruise in April. I know that all drinks, water, and specialty coffees are included $10 and under. There is an excellent list of prices posted on this forum. My question is if we decide to purchase a drink or other beverage that is over $10, do we pay only the difference over the $10 mark or the full amount? Does anyone know. Thanks

You would pay full price - however unless you are talking about really high end drinks or wines most fall under $10 (most martinis were $8.95 in December). I am a Manhattan drinker and all I asked was what whiskeys I could have. Most all of the decent bourbons were within the package.

Yes I decided to call Princess directly as it is still business hours and that's exactly what I was told. Also besides full amount, you also have to pay the 15% gratuity. I drink vodka martinis and bourbons myself and the representative quoted me prices below $10 for the call brands I like best.

Is the drink package worth it?

It is well worth it for my DW. It is no way worth it for me. It is all relative to what and how much you drink combined with how much time you spend away from the ship throughout your cruise.

As most have previously posted you will pay full price with gratuity on all drinks $10.01 and over............there are very few drinks over $10 and you can purchase bottles of wine less than $100 for a 40% discount

Edited by cruiser113