Chefs table.

sunlover33

Could anyone explain a little more re the chefs table. I understand there are three menus Italian, French and Californian but I'm a little unsure how this works? Are all three menus available each evening or is it a choice on different evenings, also where on board the ship is it located? Finally for those very experienced cruisers is there a recommendation out of the three menus or is it down to individual choice?

Thanks Chris

We ate at the Chef's Table on our last cruise and thoroughly enjoyed it. Our experience was at Prime Restaurant at the high table near the entrance. We chose the California theme. From what I was told, each theme has a seperate night, you can't choose California and your partner Italy, the entire table will be one theme on that specific night. The sommelier did a great job pairing wines with each course. A very enjoyable evening.

Could anyone explain a little more re the chefs table. I understand there are three menus Italian, French and Californian but I'm a little unsure how this works? Are all three menus available each evening or is it a choice on different evenings, also where on board the ship is it located? Finally for those very experienced cruisers is there a recommendation out of the three menus or is it down to individual choice?

Thanks Chris

Hi Chris,

They rotate the menus - only 1 menu available per day, though they may not offer the Chef's table every night. That I'm aware of, it's always held at Prime C. I have not tried Chef's table yet, but I've heard excellent things about all 3 menus. I think it boils down to personal preference on the menu items.... but I doubt you could go wrong with any of them.

Here's a link to the Chef's table information at the Azamara website : https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/booked-guests/onboard-packages/chefs-table

Hope this is helpful.

We went to the Chef's Table on Italian night recently. The food was superb and the accompanying wines excellent with a very knowledgeable and personable sommelier serving them with detailed explanations. The only criticism I have is that it is too early at 6.30pm and it would be better if it was in a private room. It is just inside the Prime C restaurant in the bar area so you have people coming in for a pre dinner drink and making noise so it was difficult to hear the sommelier and waiters' explanations at times. But we will certainly go again! Well worth the money. Go for it!

We have done all 3 multiple times. As stated, it is held in Prime C. We have never noticed the noise level being too high and we enjoy that big table. Have always met nice and interesting people. The menu seems to change each cruise - we have never had the same menus. We usually look at the menus before booking. Our personal preference is the California and Italian dinners but I can't say that we have ever "staggered" away hungry or longing for more wine. It is a long meal - usually at least 3 hours. The chef and sommelier are very knowledgeable and seem to love sharing that knowledge.

I doubt they have another venue short of taking the library out at night more than they currently do.

I find the high seats too uncomfortable so we don't go now but can confirm the food and wines are lovely

I noticed on quest they were running up to 20 with the two high tables adjacent to the long table also being used. I felt sorry for the folks that got that table, they looked a bit detached from the conversations and enjoyment.

Thanks everyone for the info, so do I understand it correctly that everyone sits down together on long tables? Approx how many people per night?

Yes, everyone sits down together at the long table with the high chairs in Prime C. It is a fixed menu (with two choices for the main course) and the sommelier selects appropriate wines for each course. Of course, if you have allergies or an aversion to anything on the menu they would offer an alternative. I think there are usually 10/12 guests ( including the hosts - usually including a senior officer).

When we did the Californian one there were too many guests for the Prime C table so it was in the Library instead. We thought this was much more enjoyable but I know they prefer to use the Library only for the Best of the Best suite guests dinner so, as uktog says, they may use adjacent tables if more people want to take part.

Edited by workingtocruise-59
Typo

Thanks everyone for the info, so do I understand it correctly that everyone sits down together on long tables? Approx how many people per night?

As I said on my previous post on Quest there were additional tables angled in so 18 one night and as far as we could see16 another. We were not at the table but were of the view it was too many and those at the side tables had a reduced experience. They may have known this was going to be the situation when they booked, I don't know

Given how many packages are now being sold with the table (it's included in the second level add on bundle -More? Plus several of the onboard dining packages. My fear is it's going to get spoilt by the numbers if they are not careful.

I doubt they have another venue short of taking the library out at night more than they currently do.

I find the high seats too uncomfortable so we don't go now but can confirm the food and wines are lovely

I noticed on quest they were running up to 20 with the two high tables adjacent to the long table also being used. I felt sorry for the folks that got that table, they looked a bit detached from the conversations and enjoyment.

We love chefs table on a variety of cruise lines and were so disappointed to see those ridiculously high tables on azamara. Needless to say, we didn't partake. I so wish they'd just have normal height tables. 😏 Until they do, we won't book, sadly. 🙁

When Azamara were in their infancy we took part in several wine dinners and had a wonderful time. Participation was limited to a dozen people. Anything more than that IMO is just too many people - the food and wine may be great, but I enjoyed being able to talk to everybody at the table.

The high seats were fine for us.

When Azamara were in their infancy we took part in several wine dinners and had a wonderful time. Participation was limited to a dozen people. Anything more than that IMO is just too many people - the food and wine may be great, but I enjoyed being able to talk to everybody at the table.

The high seats were fine for us.

On AMA river cruises they do a chef's table with 3 long tables. It was a separate room so we were all able to hear the chef's and sommelier's descriptions, and we were able to talk to everybody at our table. It was wonderful! [it was also free!]

On AMA river cruises they do a chef's table with 3 long tables. It was a separate room so we were all able to hear the chef's and sommelier's descriptions, and we were able to talk to everybody at our table. It was wonderful! [it was also free!]

Avalon does 5 tables of 4 and the sommelier talks to each table separately. It was lovely- but a couple large tables might have been more congenial. Though I'm an introvert so I don't mind:p

I think it's definitely something we will book while on board, thanks for the valuable

Info everyone, it will guide us on our decision of which night to book, looks like we may have to book early as its popular but we are on a 17 nighter so have some choice, it seems every night has its merits.

We had the benefit of one of the smaller tables and felt it was far superior to a large one where you are only really limited to the people around you. Buts it's good we are all different. What was good, Azamara had clearly thought about the pairing of people at the smaller table and for us it worked perfectly.

One tip, book at the desk set up just after checking in (on the dock) rather than waiting until you get on the ship to book to get a better chance of getting what you want.