Escape So Good, We Booked It Again!

Hi All! We had such a great time on the Escape in February, we booked it AGAIN for February 2017! I know that there are many members on here who may not agree, but my wife and I found Escape to be vibrant, fun, and well worth the cost. We had Vibe (which definitely helped our trip and time together) and the UPB (which definitely impacted our good time!). We discussed going on another Norwegian ship (this was our second NCL cruise, multiple Royal Caribbean and Carnival previous), but due to the size of the ship and all the things to do, we decided we could go again and use our familiarity with the ship to really enjoy the ship and activities. Service was excellent, food was awesome, and the shows were worth seeing. I know NCL is changing the way they do things and charging for more things that were complimentary in the past; I can't and don't worry about stuff like that. I am the consumer and am able to take those vacation dollars and apply them to another cruise line if I choose. Bottom line, there is no price I can place on Freestyle Cruising, level of service, and the quality of shows. Million Dollar Quartet leaving is a bummer, but it only raises my curiosity to see what shows will be in place by next February. Another year of Tortola will help the construction around the pier, and the beaches in both St Thomas and Tortola offer quite a bit for excursions. I only hope I don't figure out a way to head out on another cruise in the fall - that would be frivolous!

Thanks Jim! I'll be on Escape this Saturday. And I booked again for October without even tried her yet. So happy you had a great time and happy future cruising! Did you go to any beaches? Any info would be helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for your review, I am thinking of Escape for my next cruise but have been a bit wary with some of the mixed reviews.

I'm getting ready to sail her for the 2nd time. It's my favorite NCL ship so far.

Thanks Jim! I'll be on Escape this Saturday. And I booked again for October without even tried her yet. So happy you had a great time and happy future cruising! Did you go to any beaches? Any info would be helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Megans Bay in St Thomas, Garden Cane in Tortola

We've sailed the Escape twice, too! Once on the 3-day public US inaugural last November and again in January. Convinced my parents (who are regular NCL cruisers who love the Getaway) that they would enjoy the Escape, so they booked for April. We'd sail the Escape again in a heartbeat. Love the ship!

Glad you had a great time!

Also booked for a second time!!

Was on the Escape a few weeks ago (Feb 13 - 20/2016). Booked the Epic, which I have never been on, while on the cruise. Came home and thought about it for a week and decided to switch and do the Escape again next February. My wife and I loved the Escape and all it has to offer. Looking forward to the itinerary again also!!

We are sailing for the first time in August. This thread has the most enthusiasm I've seen for Escape. Thanks for sharing and getting me excited to try this new ship. We loved Getaway, so hopefully Escape will treat us just as well.

• 1 month later...
Thank you for taking the time to give us insite on the Escape. We are set to sail her in October. Hubby balked at the "big" ship thing but every time I come across a review like yours I read it to him.

You will love the ship

Glad you enjoyed her. I was on the Escape in January and loved her as well. While I'm very fond of both the Breakaway and the Getaway, the Escape is everything they aspired to be and more. She is really a great ship. I missed out on the Vibe last time, (boarding group 1 and it was still sold out), I promise that I will try again. Have fun!:D

Glad you enjoyed her. I was on the Escape in January and loved her as well. While I'm very fond of both the Breakaway and the Getaway, the Escape is everything they aspired to be and more. She is really a great ship. I missed out on the Vibe last time, (boarding group 1 and it was still sold out), I promise that I will try again. Have fun!:D

I'm trying to decide whether to do the Escape again (which I loved) or do the Breakaway for the first time. Decisions. Decisions.

I'm trying to decide whether to do the Escape again (which I loved) or do the Breakaway for the first time. Decisions. Decisions.

You could just do what we did: Book the Escape for a 2nd time and also book the Breakaway. :D

Thank you for taking the time to give us insite on the Escape. We are set to sail her in October. Hubby balked at the "big" ship thing but every time I come across a review like yours I read it to him.

Don't be afraid of the big ship. We're on our second Escape cruise next month. We live the ship.