Wow with the price hikes

Just keep looking. Better yet pick a more affordable cabin.

Gets you on the same ship

That's what we did. We got two for way less than that one.

I wanted to try it but for a 6-day cruise it was $5K. I don't care if it is the Vista. Not happenin' :p

Doubt the price will go down. There's only a handful of those suites and they look really nice.

We do the haven suites on NCL and honestly for the what you get for the price....carnival is not offering much considering the price. I would pay around $5000 for the cabin...but I feel like $6000 is just way too much for what they are offering. My travel agent says that during wave season..Jan, Feb, Mar they run sales all the time...so I'm crossing my fingers that the price goes down at least once this month....in the meantime I will check everyday.

Edited by ginger123snaps

Same supply with increased demand = increase in price.

I agree. Our Journey cruise jumped from $1,200 pp for a veranda, to $2,000 6 months later. Of course adding a partial Panama canal transit affected demand too.

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

We actually did book early. I booked vista a couple of months ago...but do to scheduling reasons...I have to change the date we travel. So now...instead of sailing on our original date of Jan 28th we need the march 11th sailing.

We live in galveston and sail from here all the time....I refuse to fly to miami to sail western carribean (its pretty much the only ports you can go to from galveston). If i'm paying for flights we are sailing to eastern. Plus I want a new ship.

I just got a refund of $140 for our upcoming July cruise on the Dream. Price keeps going down for us. It is actually cheaper to get a cove balcony room then it is a oceanview right now. Crazy! Maybe its just price hikes for the Vista because everyone (almost everyone) wants to book her.

I doubt it will. The new boats seem to be more expensive for a long time. If you really want that boat, book now with the early saver rate and watch for price drops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just FYI. It's a "ship", not a "boat".

Never had a suite and never will :)

Same here! We used to book balcony cabins but realized how little time we spent in our cabins, so we only book inside cabins now. A huge savings! More money available to cruise more often!! That seems like a better plan to me! Spend 5k on a cabin?? I cannot fathom that waste of money! But to each their own. 😊

You should just book Early Saver on the Vista. Then WATCH the sales. we have $2100 in credits which was taken off the room price for our Sep 13 cruise.

Book Early and watch for those drops.

...or just book late. We got a great price on the May 14 cruise, and I booked it about 2 weeks ago.

We actually did book early. I booked vista a couple of months ago...but do to scheduling reasons...I have to change the date we travel. So now...instead of sailing on our original date of Jan 28th we need the march 11th sailing.

We live in galveston and sail from here all the time....I refuse to fly to miami to sail western carribean (its pretty much the only ports you can go to from galveston). If i'm paying for flights we are sailing to eastern. Plus I want a new ship.

You moved to a Spring Break Cruise - thus the price jump. Kids out of school makes all the difference in pricing!

We booked Vista for this June using the Platinum offer last year. The price for that cruise is now $400 less than where we started including offsetting the original OBC.

Received a call from the upsell fairy today to move to a balcony on 8 from an inside on 9. The change in cost is still less than the original inside.