Empress of the Sea Perks

Asked a simple question about perks for diamond plus members and suite quests:

At this time, Royal Caribbean International has not announced if the Empress of the Seas will have a Concierge Lounge or suite room onboard. We apologize for any disappointment this may cause.

The rest of the "long" email was just trying to sell me more cruises. I feel at this point they should have some idea what should be offered.

I am booked. I don't care what the "perks" are. I think that I am more the rule than the exception.

We hope to be able to book a cruise on Empress for August.....now if they would only open up the bookings, we can see what the cost for the cabins that we want would be.....otherwise we may have to book on Enchantment for a little getaway.

When are you sailing on Empress?

Keep in mind now it's being billed as a party ship. I'm perfectly fine with that. :D

When I go away for a weekend...partying is just what needs to be on my agenda. I may not be able, like some of the cruisers, to stay up till the wee hours of the morning....but DH and I will party till late in the night. And then while others are sleeping in, grab those lounge chairs by the pool.

I'm not trying to be diamond plus snob, I just want to know what the deal is with drinks so I know what to bring and what I can leave at home.

At the very least, you will have your 3 nightly drink coupons. They may also hold a DL type event in some lounge, but that remains to be seen.

We hope to be able to book a cruise on Empress for August.....now if they would only open up the bookings, we can see what the cost for the cabins that we want would be.....otherwise we may have to book on Enchantment for a little getaway.

When are you sailing on Empress?

Available now through mid-July. Little by little. :D

I am on B2B May 14-23. Both stop in Key West. Hurray! :D

I'm not trying to be diamond plus snob, I just want to know what the deal is with drinks so I know what to bring and what I can leave at home.

At the very least, you will have your 3 nightly drink coupons. They may also hold a DL type event in some lounge, but that remains to be seen.

I believe that they will do a lounge thing.

What to bring? Two 750 ml bottles of wine per cabin.

;)

Available now through mid-July. Little by little. :D

I am on B2B May 14-23. Both stop in Key West. Hurray! :D

It is like watching an inchworm crawl along the floor. I am sure they are hoping to pop in the Cuban itineraries, when they are given the go ahead for those ports of call, but I don't see that happening in the immediate future....so just release August (which is all I personally care about -- and it is all about ME!).

Airlines are trying to get commercial flights by the end of the year, and I can't imagine the cruise lines being any sooner. The cruise line might have more infrastructure issues to contend with, JMO.

It is like watching an inchworm crawl along the floor. I am sure they are hoping to pop in the Cuban itineraries, when they are given the go ahead for those ports of call, but I don't see that happening in the immediate future....so just release August (which is all I personally care about -- and it is all about ME!).

Airlines are trying to get commercial flights by the end of the year, and I can't imagine the cruise lines being any sooner. The cruise line might have more infrastructure issues to contend with, JMO.

Somewhere else - on another thread - and I think that it was MADflyer - said that he had researched the ports themselves and found Empress on their schedules for a lot more months. Do a search on his name and you can probably find what he was saying.

Bob,

I believe they will have a Diamond Event since Majesty continues to do that. The RCI FAQs still list this:

Crown & Anchor Society

Q: What is the Nightly Diamond VIP Event for Diamond members for ships without a Diamond Lounge?

A: Exclusive Nightly Diamond VIP Event will take place from approximately 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm (may vary by ship and itinerary) in a bar or lounge on every ship. This event will be announced by your Loyalty Ambassador onboard in the Welcome letter to be placed in your stateroom on the first day of your cruise vacation. We will offer complimentary wine, champagne (sparkling wine) and soda fountain drinks and a 'happy hour' discount of 25 percent off beer and liquor. There is a limit of one drink per member to be served at one time.

We now offer either the Diamond Lounge or a Diamond Event on every ship in our fleet.

Also, on Majesty last month they were using to DL/CL alcoholic beverage menu rather than the restricted items mentioned above. That would be nice to see on Empress as well!

... Also, on Majesty last month they were using to DL/CL alcoholic beverage menu rather than the restricted items mentioned above. That would be nice to see on Empress as well!

That's what I expect too. Even though it's still mentioned on the website, I didn't think any ship (Majesty and Jewel are the only ones left) was actually adhering to the old Diamond Event policy.