Does anyone else...pre-cruise

Does anyone else increase their vitamin/essential oil intake before a cruise?

I use essential oils daily, but 2 weeks pre-cruise i amp it up with this...

I take a daily pill of oregano, peppermint, thieves, and frankincense, plus a daily dose of airborne.

6 cruises and haven't been sick yet by doing this.

just wondering if anyone else does something like this to ward off the additional potential germs they may come into contact with.

I usually get a cold towards the end of my cruise. Last cruise 4 members of my family caught strep. This year I am going to take Sambucol, which is an elderberry supplement known to boost the immune system, starting a week prior to the cruise as well as on the cruise.

I take a daily pill of oregano, peppermint, thieves, and frankincense, plus a daily dose of airborne.

just wondering if anyone else does something like this to ward off the additional potential germs they may come into contact with.

Nope, I bring all of my herbal supplements, oils, and vitamins with me in a 7 day, day and night pillbox. I just pop when I wake up every morning and I'm ready 2 go.

We usually take Airborne for the week prior to sailing just as a precaution. I am one that will typically catch anything and everything, figured better safe than sorry! I wash my hands and use hand sanitizer constantly but still usually end up getting whatever is going around. We have done this for the past 5 years and so far, (knock on wood!), have not been sick!

About a week or 10 days before my cruise I'm real careful about what I touch. Handles, hand rails, pop despensers, buttons on an elevator etc. I also wipe down the seat tray and arm rests on the airplane and remote in the hotel.

Last cruise in December, few days prior I came down with sinus issues cold related. So I had read about the Airborne chewable tablets and throat lozenges to help with speeding up recovery and decided to try. Well I will say they worked great, by the time I got on the ship I felt so much better and I know it was due to using those products (well going on a cruise is also a bonus, lol). I will now travel with these 2 items incase something comes up while onboard. I usually don't take any kind of vitamins and such, but I do know they helped speed up the healing process. So my advice is to take whatever you normally do and carry with you on the ship!

Eating healthy, working out, and lots of water will do MUCH more for you than any overpriced vitamins will ever do.

Eating healthy, working out, and lots of water will do MUCH more for you than any overpriced vitamins will ever do.

I am aware, I work out 5 days a week and eat a healthy low carb lifestyle, and drink plenty of water everyday, however healthy people still get sick. I primarily use essential oils, but before a trip I bump it up adding airborne vitamin booster. its not bad for me not at all high priced and worth it to me so that the chances of my expensive vacation doesn't getting ruined. but thanks for your input.

I don't do anything much different from what I do at home - take a multivitamin, calcium, magnesium, krill oil. I do add in ginger capsules to ward off any seasickness. I typically take a couple of benadryl in the evening anyway, so anything that might be allergy related is not an issue - I use them to help me sleep. Nighttime is usually when my brain decides it wants to think about everything. I take along OTC meds in the event of stomach upset and of course some headache meds, but haven't had to use them.

As a rule at home, I wash my hands frequently - work at an animal clinic and have worked in day care in the past. That doesn't change when I am on vacation, either. I also am not one to have my hands around my eyes, etc. Don't use hand sanitizer unless I have no place to wash before eating - although I don't carry it, so it's usually someone else that offers it.

13 cruises and I haven't done this and haven't been sick yet :D.