Return email from maitre d?

AHOY SHIPMATE,

Generally you will get a msg saying your msg has been read. There are so many msgs rec'd that it would be almost impossible to answer them all so msgs are discouraged by the company. There are exceptions but very few.

We have asked for table with old friends who are on same cruise but did not book with us and those requests have been granted but we did not know until boarding.

SEAS YA

Thank you!!! It's such a sticky situation, my in laws and " the girl my husband was supposed to marry". And her family booked this cruise after we did. The only way I figured it out was I noticed a bunch of booking numbers linked to mine. I called my PVP because I thought it was a mistake and he told me who the numbers belonged to. I never shared my booking number with them. Long story short, I unconnected us from the group and they don't know. It's going to be a very awkward few minutes when they realize we are not sitting with them. I may have to be on the same ship, but I don't have to be at the same table. I just wanted to make sure this is all taken care of.

Hi all, I just emailed the maitre d for our upcoming cruise on Triumph 3-12-16. Will I get a response?

Probably not. All those messages go to a place on shore that takes care of all the requests. They get so many that they do not respond to them. The maitre'd on the ship never sees the requests until the day of sailing when all the paper work is transferred to him.

Remember that table assignments are printed on your S&S card which are prepared days in advance of your cruise. You will probably have to have your seating assignment switched after you board the ship since you are so close to sailing.

Edited by zqvol

I always e-mail the Maitre'D before sailing to request a table for 2. I have rarely had a response unless it is from a Maitre'D that we know. However, our request has been granted every time.

Well our bookings are not linked anymore and haven't been for months so hopefully this works!

You can go speak to the Maitre d directly after you board to be sure. I would suggest being there when they begin taking guests which is usually around 2:00 p.m. They have always been very accommodating to us in the past when we have done this. HTH!

I always e-mail the Maitre'D before sailing to request a table for 2. I have rarely had a response unless it is from a Maitre'D that we know. However, our request has been granted every time.

How far out from sailing to you email the Maitre'D? We sail the end of september and would like to request a 4 top and hopefully save some time doing it once on ship. We will have our 6yr old and 16month old

Probably not. All those messages go to a place on shore that takes care of all the requests. They get so many that they do not respond to them. The maitre'd on the ship never sees the requests until the day of sailing when all the paper work is transferred to him.

Remember that table assignments are printed on your S&S card which are prepared days in advance of your cruise. You will probably have to have your seating assignment switched after you board the ship since you are so close to sailing.

Interesting. Here is the response I got back via email within 45 minutes of emailing the maitre'd. I just assumed it was from him, since it is his credentials:

Good evening,

We will take care of it.

Goran Gjorgjievski

Sr. Maître D’ Hotel - Carnival Breeze

how do you send to put in a request please we are going to be on the valor thanks Pam

For Valor it would be vamatred@carnival.com

Maitre d' - xxmaitred@carnival.com

CQ Conquest

DE Destiny

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

FA Fantasy

FD Freedom

FS Fascination

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MC Magic

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

SE Sensation

SL Splendor

SP Spirit

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

Hi all, I just emailed the maitre d for our upcoming cruise on Triumph 3-12-16. Will I get a response?

He/she may respond but don't count on it. The times I did not receive an email response, my request had still been honored.

Does anyone know the email for the Maitre'D on Splendor?

Thank you!!! It's such a sticky situation, my in laws and " the girl my husband was supposed to marry". And her family booked this cruise after we did. The only way I figured it out was I noticed a bunch of booking numbers linked to mine. I called my PVP because I thought it was a mistake and he told me who the numbers belonged to. I never shared my booking number with them. Long story short, I unconnected us from the group and they don't know. It's going to be a very awkward few minutes when they realize we are not sitting with them. I may have to be on the same ship, but I don't have to be at the same table. I just wanted to make sure this is all taken care of.

I know this is none of my business, but did you discuss this with your husband? I ask because I am guessing the in-laws won't be happy that you and hubby won't be sitting with them.

If it were me, I'd never have done that as it would make me look insecure. Remember, your husband chose you, so hold your head up and don't do this to your husband unless he totally agrees without your holding a gun to his head.

Good luck

I know this is none of my business, but did you discuss this with your husband? I ask because I am guessing the in-laws won't be happy that you and hubby won't be sitting with them.

If it were me, I'd never have done that as it would make me look insecure. Remember, your husband chose you, so hold your head up and don't do this to your husband unless he totally agrees without your holding a gun to his head.

Good luck

Ha, he is the one that made me unlink the bookings. I felt just what you said, that I would end up looking like I was insecure. There are other things going on. This family has some very naughty little kids and my in laws have commandeered a child from an acquaintance because my MIL needs a do over. This child is Vietnamese and they have bullied the parents for 10 years. He wants no part of it. Our children are grown, and we don't want to have to sit at dinner with these terrible kids.