Just off Getaway...Pics menus

Davey-D-99

Those menus look very similar to the ones that have been on the Escape, with just a few differences. I didn't notice any a la carte items on them, which are on the Escape, but perhaps I just missed them.

For the other restaurants, from what I can tell the ones being rolled out fleet wide seem to be the same as the Escape, so for anyone who wants to see them it is worth just checking the Escape page on beyondships.

I'm also not seeing the Chef's Daily Special that was always listed separately on the Escape menus.

The shrimp pasta is pretty good... My daughter ordered it one night but didn't like it much. I ate some of it and thought it was really good.

They had no issues bringing her a plain red sauce marinara rigatoni minus the shrimp instead.

Good to know. I wish they wouldn't try to word everything so fancy all the time. Heck, in La Cucina I can't tell what's what based on the descriptions, lol.

We are also cruising this coming Sunday and everyone is excited for the unlimited beverages!

Question:

I've been told that just about any drink is under $15 (the maximum value for the UBP). True or False?

I know certain liquors will be more.

We are also cruising this coming Sunday and everyone is excited for the unlimited beverages!

Question:

I've been told that just about any drink is under $15 (the maximum value for the UBP). True or False?

I know certain liquors will be more.

Almost all drinks are under $15 unless you are going for a top shelf Scotch or something like that. Even the fancy frozen drinks (without the souvenir glass) will work with UBP.

The Irish coffee at dinners was included as was my shot of sambucca for my espresso. You'd have to be a real liquor connoisseur to have to spend any money above the UBP coverage.

If there are several people in your group that have UBP one person can take all the room cards and get the drinks for the group. The bartender will look at the cards, make sure they are all UBP and then take one to "charge" all the drinks to.

Edited by c-ditty

Almost all drinks are under $15 unless you are going for a top shelf Scotch or something like that. Even the fancy frozen drinks (without the souvenir glass) will work with UBP.

The Irish coffee at dinners was included as was my shot of sambucca for my espresso. You'd have to be a real liquor connoisseur to have to spend any money above the UBP coverage.

If there are several people in your group that have UBP one person can take all the room cards and get the drinks for the group. The bartender will look at the cards, make sure they are all UBP and then take one to "charge" all the drinks to.

AMAZING!

Is there a drink limit per day with the card? I know when I cruised with Carnival you had a max of 12 or 14 drinks per day.

AMAZING!

Is there a drink limit per day with the card? I know when I cruised with Carnival you had a max of 12 or 14 drinks per day.

No limit. Trust me, I did my best to test that theory.

Recently booked booked my first NCL cruise on the Getaway that included UBP and Specialty Dining pkg. I can't find any information about limits to UBP, is it valid everywhere on the ship? Also does anyone know what the bonus specialty dining pkg includes or what the limits are/how many dinners are included /which restaurants are included etc? Do you have to book ahead to get into specialty restaurants?

Recently booked booked my first NCL cruise on the Getaway that included UBP and Specialty Dining pkg. I can't find any information about limits to UBP, is it valid everywhere on the ship? Also does anyone know what the bonus specialty dining pkg includes or what the limits are/how many dinners are included /which restaurants are included etc? Do you have to book ahead to get into specialty restaurants?

UBP is valid everywhere on the ship on all drinks $15 and below. This covers almost everything. You can't get the mojito flight, but you can get each individually. Dining is 4 nights of dining for first two people in the cabin. There is a list on NCL website of the restaurants that are upcharges from the package, I think they are Ocean Blue, the raw bar and sushi. You should book ahead 90 days out in a regular cabin 100 days out in a suite. Specialties do tend to get booked up -- you can always change dates/times once on the ship.

HTH

First time on Norwegian and was wondering do you go to dining room in evening any time you want or do you have to reserve a table for time. We seen when looking into dining that we could pick table and time to eat. We understood we did not have to do this. If we do not can we not eat what dining room we want at night ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

MSC

Carnvial

RC

First time on Norwegian and was wondering do you go to dining room in evening any time you want or do you have to reserve a table for time. We seen when looking into dining that we could pick table and time to eat. We understood we did not have to do this. If we do not can we not eat what dining room we want at night ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

You don't have to make dining reservations at any of the three main dining rooms...Taste, Savor or Tropicana. You just show up when you want and they will accommodate you... Depending on the time, you may have to wait a few minutes.

During the busy time (6:30-8:00 pm) the wait was a little longer at Tropicana than at Taste and Savor. You can also sit down at any time for a more casual meal at O'Sheehans... I preferred that as more of a lunch choice (burgers, wings, fajitas, fish & chips...etc) but to each their own! Enjoy...I sure did. Would love to go back!!

I also uploaded a YouTube video of our fabulous week on the Getaway in February. Any more questions...feel free to ask!

Gosh, that was exciting! Seeing the ship we will be on very soon, the pool, the restaurants, the bars and the activities. Had no idea what the Glow Party would be like, now I have an idea! Thanks for sharing that :)