Denture Question

Sunsailor

Working in the profession for many years, we had patients who had a back up set of dentures made for emergencies specially if they were traveling or even traveled as business. They are not as quality as the original set but work great for a quick fix. Check with your dentist.

I'm sure that is money well spent. I don't wear dentures but I do wear eye glasses and would never travel with out my back up pair. I'm not trying to roam around like Mr Magoo.

Another solution would be to forego the dentures altogether and get dental implants. My mother did this and said the whole procedure was painless and she loved the results and never had any problem with her implants whatsoever. I also have a good friend who is a cancer survivor whose teeth were wrecked by radiation and chemo and she had all her teeth replaced with implants and loves them! Implants are definitely worth considering to avoid problems you just don't need to have when traveling.

I worked in the dental profession for over 30 years and we always supplied our patients, free of charge, with dental repair kits for when they were travelling where dentists may not be available.

The professional dental adhesive is much better than the drug store kind and your dentist can show you how to effectively use it in case of emergency.

That was really nice of your office to do that for your patients when you knew they would be traveling.

Wish our dentist would do that.

AHOY SHIPMATES

On one Grand World Cruise we had an American Dentist aboard the entire cruise to do dental work on Staff and Crew only. However he volunteered to do Emergency work on passengers. His wife was his asst. and they were a great couple. I knew a few people he worked on and did extra on his own time.

SEA YA.

Another solution would be to forego the dentures altogether and get dental implants. My mother did this and said the whole procedure was painless and she loved the results and never had any problem with her implants whatsoever. I also have a good friend who is a cancer survivor whose teeth were wrecked by radiation and chemo and she had all her teeth replaced with implants and loves them! Implants are definitely worth considering to avoid problems you just don't need to have when traveling.

Assuming one has the $ to afford them. I doubt I'll live long enough to see the cost drop enough to make them affordable.

That was really nice of your office to do that for your patients when you knew they would be traveling.

Wish our dentist would do that.

I agree. My dentist is great and I have an upcoming appointment at which I will ask him for a 'repair kit' to have just in case.

Working in the profession for many years, we had patients who had a back up set of dentures made for emergencies specially if they were traveling or even traveled as business. They are not as quality as the original set but work great for a quick fix. Check with your dentist.

I agree. Can't be choosy on quality for one in need of a "quick fix".