Brochures by mail

dibati2

Yes - they do have such a position but it is an onboard position and does not seem to have anything to do with mailing of brochures. Here is the description of the position http://www.rssc.com/employment/employmentposition.aspx?Id=12b9284e-21aa-4834-8924-04617ae198fd

That's why I mentioned it...and, absurdly, think that officer might be able to direct the issue to the appropriate department because CLEARLY, no one from Regent or Oceania really does monitor these boards or worse, they don't care enough to bother to fix a seemingly simple problem that is an irritant to many AND might even provide a cost saving to them. .....;GO

As they say in the cyber world – OMG

This thread has gotten absurd.

The OP started this thread because she/he was frustrated with the large amount of unwanted mailings she/he receives from Regent & her/his inability to get Regent to remove her/him from their mailing list. (This is not the first time this issue has appeared on this Board.) Several people expressed similar frustration.

In return, these posters received this input from the Regent loyalist(s.)

• If you book a lot of Regent cruises, the problem will go away. (In jest.)
  • It is unreasonable to expect that the CEO can fix this even though he came on this Board, provided his email address, & offered to fix it if you contact him.
  • It is a voice of reason to consider these complaints ironic & amusing.
  • Complaining about this is Regent bashing.
  • It is "interesting" that people complain about this when other people who have a real problem like getting ill on Regent ships are giving kudos to Regent.
  • Intelligent people know how to be removed from mailing lists. (I’m not sure what this means. It seems to imply that if you have to complain about your inability to be removed from Regent’s mailing list on this thread, you must not be intelligent, otherwise, you would have taken the proper action.)
  • You should not provide more than one address to Regent.
  • And now we hear that Regent is actually saving lives & doing the environment a favor by cutting down trees in Washington State that are killing people & that this justifies the energy & resources required to turn these trees into paper, print the brochures, distribute them through the postal service to your mailbox, and leave you & your garbage company to deal with it.

It has been suggested that I am reading comprehension challenged, so I may have missed something.

I have another suggestion. If emailing Mike Moore doesn’t work, next time you get a delivery of unwanted Regent/Oceania brochures, go yell at the wall. It will have the same impact on solving the problem as posting on this board & the wall will not insult your intelligence.

As they say in the cyber world – OMG

This thread has gotten absurd.

The OP started this thread because she/he was frustrated with the large amount of unwanted mailings she/he receives from Regent & her/his inability to get Regent to remove her/him from their mailing list. (This is not the first time this issue has appeared on this Board.) Several people expressed similar frustration.

In return, these posters received this input from the Regent loyalist(s.)

If you book a lot of Regent cruises, the problem will go away. (In jest.)

It is unreasonable to expect that the CEO can fix this even though he came on this Board, provided his email address, & offered to fix it if you contact him.

It is a voice of reason to consider these complaints ironic & amusing.

Complaining about this is Regent bashing.

It is "interesting" that people complain about this when other people who have a real problem like getting ill on Regent ships are giving kudos to Regent.

Intelligent people know how to be removed from mailing lists. (I’m not sure what this means. It seems to imply that if you have to complain about your inability to be removed from Regent’s mailing list on this thread, you must not be intelligent, otherwise, you would have taken the proper action.)

You should not provide more than one address to Regent.

And now we hear that Regent is actually saving lives & doing the environment a favor by cutting down trees in Washington State that are killing people & that this justifies the energy & resources required to turn these trees into paper, print the brochures, distribute them through the postal service to your mailbox, and leave you & your garbage company to deal with it.

It has been suggested that I am reading comprehension challenged, so I may have missed something.

I have another suggestion. If emailing Mike Moore doesn’t work, next time you get a delivery of unwanted Regent/Oceania brochures, go yell at the wall. It will have the same impact on solving the problem as posting on this board & the wall will not insult your intelligence.

CONGRATULATIONS - you have won the prize for the best post of the month!

Many of us thank you for it.

gnomie :)

Edited by gnomie1
it is too early in the morning and I have already had three meetings

Great post. Apparently I am in the not so intelligent group so I will go to my office and burn all the degrees that I earned and burn my money since stupid people have no common sense and do not know how to resolve problems on their own.

Now I need to have a glass of Mad Dog 20/20. Hee Haw!

It is a bit frustrating to see your words twisted and/or rewritten out of context but I'll try to explain some of my posts. My response to some items on the above list is below is red:

This has been my experience. Obviously it was not said seriously.

It is unreasonable to expect that the CEO can fix this even though he came on this Board, provided his email address, & offered to fix it if you contact him.

FDR has not been on the Regent or Oceania boards for at least a couple of years so what you are referring to is not recent -- just want to make this clear for people newer to CC. I do not think that his "offer" meant that he would personally go into the mailing list and delete your name. Again, not in the job description of a CEO. However, FDR as well as the former presidents of Regent (Messrs. Conroy and Kamlani) have gone above and beyond for posters on Cruise Critic over the years. So far I have not heard of anyone contacting the current president over this issue (not that it is necessarily his job to delete names from the mailing list).

Some posters (not pointing fingers at anyone) never seem to have anything nice to say about Regent. Speaking for myself only, when I see a yet another post or thread that is negative about Regent, it does feel like it is "Regent bashing". There are certainly times when Regent does something that is worthy of a complaint and this thread may be one of those times.

Intelligent people know how to be removed from mailing lists. (I’m not sure what this means. It seems to imply that if you have to complain about your inability to be removed from Regent’s mailing list on this thread, you must not be intelligent, otherwise, you would have taken the proper action.)

This was taken out of context earlier in the thread and I did address it. gnomie1 said "If people who are reading CC and following all the suggestions provided are unable to stop the mail, how is someone who doesn't have this information suppose to succeed?" My response was that all intelligent people know how to get off of mailings lists - you don't have to read Cruise Critic in order to know how to do so. I added that they may not be any more successful than CC readers.

Yes - it would have been more accurate if I said that you should not provide more than one address to Regent unless you have deleted your last address off of their mailing list (or if you wish to receive brochures at multiple locations).

And now we hear that Regent is actually saving lives & doing the environment a favor by cutting down trees in Washington State that are killing people & that this justifies the energy & resources required to turn these trees into paper, print the brochures, distribute them through the postal service to your mailbox, and leave you & your garbage company to deal with it. I just wrote this a few posts ago. The bottom line in my post was " Not trying to make an excuse for Regent but want to assure posters that there is not a lack of trees in the U.S."

First and most importantly, I did not say this. Trees are always mentioned when it comes to printing brochures (in this thread it was stated early on - post #4). My response was only about trees - not the garbage company, postal service, etc. Because there is an excess of trees in many areas of the U.S., I pointed out that there is not a tree shortage, and "While this is not a reason for Regent to overwhelm their customers with brochures, it is also not a reason to stop. The reason to stop is simply because their customers are requesting it.

Edited by Travelcat2

It is a bit frustrating to see your words twisted and/or rewritten out of context but I'll try to explain some of my posts. My response to some items on the above list is below is red:

This has been my experience. Obviously it was not said seriously.

FDR has not been on the Regent or Oceania boards for at least a couple of years so what you are referring to is not recent -- just want to make this clear for people newer to CC. I do not think that his "offer" meant that he would personally go into the mailing list and delete your name. Again, not in the job description of a CEO. However, FDR as well as the former presidents of Regent (Messrs. Conroy and Kamlani) have gone above and beyond for posters on Cruise Critic over the years. So far I have not heard of anyone contacting the current president over this issue (not that it is necessarily his job to delete names from the mailing list).

Some posters (not pointing fingers at anyone) never seem to have anything nice to say about Regent. Speaking for myself only, when I see a yet another post or thread that is negative about Regent, it does feel like it is "Regent bashing". There are certainly times when Regent does something that is worthy of a complaint and this thread may be one of those times.

This was taken out of context earlier in the thread and I did address it. gnomie1 said "If people who are reading CC and following all the suggestions provided are unable to stop the mail, how is someone who doesn't have this information suppose to succeed?" My response was that all intelligent people know how to get off of mailings lists - you don't have to read Cruise Critic in order to know how to do so. I added that they may not be any more successful than CC readers.

Yes - it would have been more accurate if I said that you should not provide more than one address to Regent unless you have deleted your last address off of their mailing list (or if you wish to receive brochures at multiple locations).

And now we hear that Regent is actually saving lives & doing the environment a favor by cutting down trees in Washington State that are killing people & that this justifies the energy & resources required to turn these trees into paper, print the brochures, distribute them through the postal service to your mailbox, and leave you & your garbage company to deal with it. I just wrote this a few posts ago. The bottom line in my post was " Not trying to make an excuse for Regent but want to assure posters that there is not a lack of trees in the U.S."

First and most importantly, I did not say this. Trees are always mentioned when it comes to printing brochures (in this thread it was stated early on - post #4). My response was only about trees - not the garbage company, postal service, etc. Because there is an excess of trees in many areas of the U.S., I pointed out that there is not a tree shortage, and "While this is not a reason for Regent to overwhelm their customers with brochures, it is also not a reason to stop. The reason to stop is simply because their customers are requesting it.

Why do you feel you have to explain your posts? You wrote it. We, and the not so inteligent ones can read them and come to our own conclusions.

Now I need to have a glass of Mad Dog 20/20. Hee Haw!

Mad Dog 20/20 is NEVER consumed in a 'glass' - Mad Dog is to be guzzled directly from the bottle, or in a formal situation from a red Solo cup. And always at the optimum temperature range of 32-80* Fahrenheit.

Some folks just have NO culture whatsoever. :p

Mad Dog 20/20 is NEVER consumed in a 'glass' - Mad Dog is to be guzzled directly from the bottle, or in a formal situation from a red Solo cup. And always at the optimum temperature range of 32-80* Fahrenheit.

Some folks just have NO culture whatsoever. :p

OK, again admitting to my ignorance, but exactly what is a Mad Dog 20/20? I tried googling it and not sure I am getting the answer that I am seeking.

Thank you in advance.

diebroke -thanks for your post, I needed a laugh today! I thought I'd entered another dimension when I read the trees post.

I've been following this thread with interest, as Regent has been sending me promotional mail for about a year now. I've never cruised with Regent and have never contacted the company so I'm not even sure where they found my details.

As for MD 20/20 - anyone who has never tried it, I'd say you're very sensible. I had a horrible encounter with it when I was very young. Never repeated!

diebroke -thanks for your post, I needed a laugh today! I thought I'd entered another dimension when I read the trees post.

I've been following this thread with interest, as Regent has been sending me promotional mail for about a year now. I've never cruised with Regent and have never contacted the company so I'm not even sure where they found my details.

As for MD 20/20 - anyone who has never tried it, I'd say you're very sensible. I had a horrible encounter with it when I was very young. Never repeated!

If the MD 20/20 doesn't agree with you, you might try Gypsy Rose while reading your Regent brochures...(but avoid sitting under those trees)

When the mail person walks into my office with a smirk on their face, I know that something is up - sure enough, on top of the pile, another Regent catalog!

No time to plan vacations right now so it went straight into the round filing cabinet - what a waste of money and resources.

Yes, I have contacted our TA and she has tried and Regent told her that they would remove me. Well, one year later the tsunami of brochures continue.

Funny, I was able to stop the AMEX Departures magazines with one call and opt out of all the AMEX solicitations of their products as well. I just want the services of my card and benefits which I can easily look up online.

How hard is it to get off the mailing list when you have tried everything? If I want to look at Regent sailings I know how to look them up. The e-mails I get from them go directly to spam and I just clean up that file every month...zap...gone.

Edited by Suite Travels

I get about three Regent brochures per week. They go directly into the trash along with other unopened bulk mail. Oceania, Seabourn and Crystal have now got my name and address too, although I've never cruised with any of them. Emails are deleted unread. We plan our cruises relatively far in advance, so nothing to lose.

I get about three Regent brochures per week. They go directly into the trash along with other unopened bulk mail. Oceania, Seabourn and Crystal have now got my name and address too, although I've never cruised with any of them. Emails are deleted unread. We plan our cruises relatively far in advance, so nothing to lose.

I don't like them either but Regent is the biggest offender. Your average of Regent brochures are the same as ours. Viking is the other offender.

We are Crystal cruisers and we only receive Crystal mail about breaking news which our TA knows about before we get it and it is not that much. Nothing ever from O or SS or Seabourn.

If I want information I will either go to their website or call my TA for a hard copy.

Just received my third item of unwanted mail from Regent this week.

Oh that's right, it's only Wednesday so that's one a day so far. Perhaps they're compensating in advance for the Easter break when there'll be no post delivery for 2 days?!

Have spoken to my TA who will contact Regent on my behalf.

Ok, five more brochures in ten days now I have fourteen for the month of March. I am sick of it!!!! I have not sailed Regent for six years and I never get brochures from Seabourn. We sail Crystal and may get six a year. I have called and e-mailed Regent to no avail. I am collecting them and sending all of them back at the end of April to show my protest and show of the ultimate stupidity. Just an indication to me of piss poor management.

We get tons of mail, etc from Regent. Sorry about all the wasted resources, but the ONE, SINGLE catalog, I'd REALLY like to have, I can't seem to get. I want what I would call "the BIBLE" for 2017.......a catalog that would have it ALL! We're looking for summer (not spring) 2017.....can't seem to get that, although we've got everything else! Why is that?