Carnival MasterCard

DebbieMo

Shaky Beef

Great Goodwill ambassador for them, also think they should throw you a few perks for your loyalty, convinced me just signed up for my card. Thanks for all your info, appreciate it!

Thank you and you're welcome!:) Happy FunPoints accruing!:D Don't forget to look into RewardsBoost!;)

Wow, before SeaMiles - that sure predates my experience with any Carnival card!:eek: That was nice of you to use your points for fruit baskets for everyone.:)

I was going to be damned if I was gonna let carnival or capital one or whoever it was get away with my points.

I was going to be damned if I was gonna let carnival or capital one or whoever it was get away with my points.

I hear ya!:cool:

It reminds me of when the SeaMiles card switched over to FunPoints - I had been building up those SeaMiles so slowly for so long, and I was so worried I would lose my chance of finally getting my first free cruise with them. Happily, I had no need to worry. The FunPoints accrued so much faster than the SeaMiles.:) Four years with that card and still not enough SeaMiles to take a free week-long cruise. But in the 7 years since it switched to FunPoints, DH and I have taken 3 free cruises (cruise fares paid in full), and paid off one S&S account balance in full (which was higher than our cruise fare for that sailing).

And after this September cruise, I'll be cashing in my largest chunk of FPs yet - about 200,000, for a statement credit of about $3000 towards my family's cruise fares.:D

I'm with you in the online shopping thing. Within the past year I have accrued 25,000 American Airline miles using that (you don't need any particular card for that and there are many other programs like EBates, Delta Skymiles Shopping, etc). I use any card I want which as of right now is my Cap One Venture Rewards that earn 2 pts per dollar everyday on everything. I can get a one way ticket for 12,500 miles. Sometimes as low as 8,750 miles since I have the AA card. Then I get 10% of my miles back in my account 6-8 weeks after I get back thanks to the AA card. Just did my flying for free last week.

I also took the whole family to Cozumel on free flights from Delta due to the Amex Platinum Delta Skymiles card. And I get a free companion pass each year.

By having various hotel cards, I have tons of points and won't have to pay for a hotel anytime in the near future. This is all from sign up bonuses.

It is so fun to get rewarded for spending no more than you would everyday anyway!

I was thinking about getting the Royal Caribbean card next. But just for the initial $200 credit if I decide to branch out and try them soon. Which I'm thinking about. After the bonus I'll retire that one to the wayside with my Carnival card and continue using my online shopping for AA or Delta miles and my Cap One Venture card for everyday use. I have had over $600 worth of free travel of my choosing just since September on that card and am happy as a pig in poop with it.

I will be Platinum on Carnival at the start of my next cruise, but I'm kind of looking to try something different. I do for sure want to try the Vista eventually though. I'm just so wishy washy about what my cruising future holds that it would be a great disservice to me to be tied down to one particular Cruise line's credit card. But for those that don't have or want an alternative card and know they are going to sail on Carnival, it's not a bad deal. Beats using your debit card!

Edited by firemanbobswife

Shakybeef you have done an excellent job of explaining how the redemtion of points work and also how to get the most out of it. We have gotten 3 free cruises out of doing it as you do. Yeah us.

To answer the question about use or lose there was another program with Carnival that used Capital One and not Barclays that went by the wayside and alot of people got burned. I was one of them i signed up just before it changed an lost all my points that i had earned as i didnt have enough to redeem. It is the reason that I wont get a capital card.

Thanks, VolzCruiser!:) That explains it, you and Wiz have obviously had the Carnival MC longer than I. I didn't know it had gone through not only 2, but 3 incarnations in a relatively short period of time.:eek:

Another question...for our last cruise I purchased $100 Carnival gift cards for $90 through Verizon. Would these be considered Carnival purchases?

Trying to learn as much as I can before I start using my card!

About 10 years ago we had a Carnival credit card and used it to pay for everything we could. While in the midst of saving points to use for a cruise the card company randomly decided to change their program and we were told to use it or loose. We didn't quite have enough points to do what we wanted and finally applied what we could and had a bunch of left over points.

After that debacle I decided never again would I get tied into one type of rewards card (carnival, Marriott, etc). So I have been using a cash back rewards card for all my purchases and guess what? I can buy airline tickets, cruise tickets, hotels anyone at any time on any cruise ship, airline or hotel. I could even use the rewards to buy anything I want!

I may not get quite as many points by going with a single type of card, but the flexibility to do what I want whe I want is worth it.

Wiz

I had the same problem when NFL Extra Points switched from Bank of America to Barclays. I still have the extra points card but I only use it for my Saints season tickets because I get double points and no interest. Then I use those points towards paying for my tickets.

Edited by Saint Greg

Another question...for our last cruise I purchased $100 Carnival gift cards for $90 through Verizon. Would these be considered Carnival purchases?

Trying to learn as much as I can before I start using my card!

I don't believe so - I think that would be a Verizon purchase. But I don't have any experience with buying those. Did you purchase them with a credit card? If so, check your cc statement - if it is a Carnival purchase, the vendor will be listed as some form of Carnival - Carnival Corp., Carnival Cruise Lines, etc. But if it says Verizon, it will not be a "qualifying purchase".

How are you receiving this bonus offer from master card? Snail mail? Email? Does it come from Barclay's ? Just want to know so I can set up an email box filter to look for it.

Is it the same as the standard offer with just a bonus $75 gc?

My final payment isn't due until August 2017. So I can wait it out quite a while to get a good offer

How are you receiving this bonus offer from master card? Snail mail? Email? Does it come from Barclay's ? Just want to know so I can set up an email box filter to look for it.

My final payment isn't due until August 2017. So I can wait it out quite a while to get a good offer

It comes from Carnival with a link to the offer. It's tied to your VIFP number. There are also advertisements for the current sales in it as well.

c51c394638a6200b89330df380803179.jpg

Edited by firemanbobswife

LMaxwell, Did you notice the fine print at the bottom of Firemanbobswife's image of the MC offer? It says this offer ends March 11th, 2016. So if you want to try to get in on this particular offer, you've only got a few days. I'd suggest calling Barclay and asking them to send you the same offer invitation. It might not work. But it can't hurt.

LMaxwell, Did you notice the fine print at the bottom of Firemanbobswife's image of the MC offer? It says this offer ends March 11th, 2016. So if you want to try to get in on this particular offer, you've only got a few days. I'd suggest calling Barclay and asking them to send you the same offer invitation. It might not work. But it can't hurt.

Thanks for the tip. I will give them a call. You are right, it can't hurt to try to get the offer. If I can get an offer for myself and my wife that's an additional $150 off our cruise. If I can't get the offer I will just keep waiting; I figure I realistically have until next May or so to get the cards and get everything set in time for final payment. :cool:

Thanks for the tip. I will give them a call. You are right, it can't hurt to try to get the offer. If I can get an offer for myself and my wife that's an additional $150 off our cruise. If I can't get the offer I will just keep waiting; I figure I realistically have until next May or so to get the cards and get everything set in time for final payment. :cool:

That's an additional $350 off your cruise👍That is what my husband and I did

I received it by email from Carnival Cruise Line. It's $75 gift card for applying only if approved and 10,000 points will be applied in your first billing statement after you make your first purchase or balance transfer.

Do you typically get emails from Carnival? I went back to the thread I started last year when they were offering a $100 GC and 5,000 points and you didn't get that offer either. Could you be opted out of their promotions? Or are they possibly going to spam?

How can I check if I am opted in or out for promotions? I receive direct emails from Carnival such as from icare if I have sent them an email. Otherwise I receive TA promos related to Cruise Critic but I haven't seen affiliate Co branded offers like Barclay's.

I have not had the opportunity yet today to call Barclay's

How can I check if I am opted in or out for promotions? I receive direct emails from Carnival such as from icare if I have sent them an email. Otherwise I receive TA promos related to Cruise Critic but I haven't seen affiliate Co branded offers like Barclay's.

I have not had the opportunity yet today to call Barclay's

It should show under your profile but I might call Carnival to double check. It looked like a regular sale email that I constantly get. You know the ones they send out every time there is a "Brilliant" new promotion? If you don't get those at least once a week then you might be turned off. This wasn't from Barclay's, it was from Carnival.

I was able to check Carnival and I am opted in for all offers. I haven't had a chance to call yet today though. is 3/11 the wnd for 10k points or just the bonus 75 gift card with the points?.

As a side note Carnival already processed my FCC. If I get two Barclay cards with the gift cards I'd actually have a gift card balance remaining for onboard use.

I was able to check Carnival and I am opted in for all offers. I haven't had a chance to call yet today though. is 3/11 the wnd for 10k points or just the bonus 75 gift card with the points?.

As a side note Carnival already processed my FCC. If I get two Barclay cards with the gift cards I'd actually have a gift card balance remaining for onboard use.

I believe it's for the $75 gift card offer. I have seen the 10,000 points from Carnival's site for quite a while.

Sorry you didn't have any luck with Carnival. Good luck with Barclays.

No go there. In fact they only offered 5k points total over the phone. I know I can get 10k online.

And now it becomes a waiting game (watch the 10k disappear while I'm waiting lol). [emoji568]

The 10k has been available for a while. I received the $75 deal last year in Feb, but wasn't cruising around that time. Haven't received any emails from Carnival in the past few months and didn't get an offer this year either :(