New Free at Sea Offers

We are booked for a cruise to Bermuda on the Breakaway in June from New York. When we booked last March we were given options for free dining, or Unlimited Beverage Package. We choose the unlimited beverage package.

Questions:

Since we have the UBP does that also mean that we will be charged fees for gratuities or can we tip on our own?

I noticed recently that they are now offering two free options: UBP, Specialty Dining, Free WIFI or free shore excursions. We have the free UBP but with this new promotion can we ask for a credit or another free option? Has anyone looked into this?

I noticed recently that they are now offering two free options: UBP, Specialty Dining, Free WIFI or free shore excursions. We have the free UBP but with this new promotion can we ask for a credit or another free option? Has anyone looked into this?

Check with the advert; it may well be that the options are only for new bookings. In that case you would have to cancel and rebook. That may incur a cancellation fee.

Best to check with your TA or directly with NCL.

Mike

We are booked for a cruise to Bermuda on the Breakaway in June from New York. When we booked last March we were given options for free dining, or Unlimited Beverage Package. We choose the unlimited beverage package.

Questions:

Since we have the UBP does that also mean that we will be charged fees for gratuities or can we tip on our own?

I believe that you got your UBP with the gratuities included since you said you book last March (2015 right?). You could change your reservation, but minimally, it would now cost you the addition of 18% x $79 per day, per person on the UBP, and possibily 18% more for whichever package (2nd option) you might choose. You more than likely already have the better value over-all.

Questions:

When I inquired about switching to a more generous (or just different) current offer, I was told I'd have to cancel and re-book. Depending on how much the prices have changed, that can add hundreds to your costs and could outweigh the value of the extra freebie you'd get.

Plus, as ggTexasGal said, you probably have the better/older version of the UBP with gratuities included -- I had to pay $80+ for my "free" UBP when I booked my cabin in October.

You could change your reservation, but minimally, it would now cost you the addition of 18% x $79 per day, per person on the UBP, and possibily 18% more for whichever package (2nd option) you might choose. You more than likely already have the better value over-all.

Most likely the cruise price has raised too since year ago, getting the another promo would mean cancelling and rebooking as said earlier so the current price would also come into effect.

One question not answered: you don't need to tip anything onboard, the gratuities with UBP are always either already included with the package (suite passengers or others' bookings before June 2015) or added to the final payment, nobody with UBP pays gratuities onboard for included drinks.

Edited by Demonyte

One question not answered: you don't need to tip anything onboard, the gratuities with UBP are always either already included with the package (suite passengers or others' bookings before June 2015) or added to the final payment, nobody with UBP pays gratuities onboard for included drinks.

Unless you believe servers deserve a tip.

Vic

My husband and I will be heading to Bermuda on the Dawn in June in a suite which we have done in the past. We are generally very happy with NCL, the Dawn to Bermuda is a fantastic cruise, we have done it a few times and it never disappoints.

The special price this year 2016 includes:

* the UBP

*the UDP,

*pre-paid gratuities

* $100.00 on board credit

Today we booked the same cruise for 2017

The Free at Sea promotion includes

* the UBP

*the UDP

*an excursion in Bermuda for each of us

*250 minutes of wifi

The price is about the same for each cruise, but somehow what's included doesn't appeal to us as much. Perhaps it is a savings for them, I am not sure. We are not interested in wifi, we try to unplug on a cruise. The excursions are almost all snorkeling trips, which does not interest us, and one bus tour. We have been to Bermuda, and just traveling around on bus and ferry by ourselves is great. I guess I wish we could have a choice. Perhaps they are making others very happy, anyone else have any thoughts ?

My husband and I will be heading to Bermuda on the Dawn in June in a suite which we have done in the past. We are generally very happy with NCL, the Dawn to Bermuda is a fantastic cruise, we have done it a few times and it never disappoints ...

The price is about the same for each cruise, but somehow what's included doesn't appeal to us as much. Perhaps it is a savings for them, I am not sure. We are not interested in wifi, we try to unplug on a cruise. The excursions are almost all snorkeling trips, which does not interest us, and one bus tour. We have been to Bermuda, and just traveling around on bus and ferry by ourselves is great. I guess I wish we could have a choice. Perhaps they are making others very happy, anyone else have any thoughts ?

Ha Ha, LOL on doing NCL run to Bermuda (again) - I was reading about another posts about the Dawn being worn out & a few NCL Bostonian wanting a newer ship. :D

We are about to book a last minute Breakaway cruise out to Bermuda, again - for the 4th time over the last 10 years, twice on the NCL Crown then & once on RCI on the Explorer class mega ship. Wow, I looked at those shorex prices - e.g. $39 p/p for a walk over to a beach next to Dockyard with loungers & shared umbrella for 4 hours, no food or beverages :eek: and no coolers allowed. The Free At Seas promo would barely cover it - those typical island tours are like $69 for 4 hours, no thanks ... NCL, we will yield the "spot" to others.

We are going to do the same as before, buy the 2 day pass & ride the ferries and buses around ourselves, do a lunch in Hamilton & whatever, at far ... far less than the going ship rates (among 4 of us in 2 cabins)

We got a nice last minute promo deal with our "land" certificates and paying no-frill prices before our FCR offset, so can't complain about it. The NCL agent was quick to upsell us for upgrades to bigger staterooms & natural lights, etc. but not offering Pick 2 or Pick 3, etc. should we opted to pay the differences in administrative fees ... we are going to declined the "options" as there are still plenty of cabins open.

UBP & UDP or whatever it's called these days don't appeal to us - we are going to do the LeBistro "special" with our Platinum perks & bring our bottle of wine along to share - without paying another DSC or what not, opted for the 250 WiFi minutes (I think) - the days of OBC directly from NCL are over.

Yulp, I know & understand what you are feeling too. After this, going back to cruise "sabbatical" and going to do some air & ground travel options.

Edited by mking8288