anyone been to orient beach recently?

I haven't been on Orient beach lately, but follow another message board about SXM and often, there are posts about the progress of the new structures. I believe Aloha and Sun Beach are open and Orange Fever is slated to be open soon, if not already. Most are renting chairs/serving drinks/food.

We were at Orient Beach last month (our first time there). Did not see any construction. I can't speak to the specific places the OP has asked about, but I walked a bit in both directions and everything where I was walking was open.

Orient%20Beach%201%201024x455_zps9oh5e58p.jpg

Orient%20Beach%202%201024x476_zpscsb8njjj.jpg

(photos by turtles06)

We just wonder where cruisers hear this kind of stuff. First off, many of the cafes/restaurants/venues on Orient are not "shacks" but decent permanent structures. Yes, there are also a few so-called beach shacks, but they are not even a major factor on this overly developed beach.

Hank

We just wonder where cruisers hear this kind of stuff. First off, many of the cafes/restaurants/venues on Orient are not "shacks" but decent permanent structures. Yes, there are also a few so-called beach shacks, but they are not even a major factor on this overly developed beach.

Hank

If you search hard enough you'll find photos that people had posted at various stages of construction.

We were there in February and did not see any construction. It was a nice day at the beach.

I haven't been on Orient beach lately, but follow another message board about SXM and often, there are posts about the progress of the new structures. I believe Aloha and Sun Beach are open and Orange Fever is slated to be open soon, if not already. Most are renting chairs/serving drinks/food.

We were there the last week in January. Got dropped off near Pedro's. Still construction in process. Orange Fever was not open yet. Seems like some of the locals that used to be there before may not be able to afford the rent being charged at the new structures.

-Kristi

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were at Orient Beach last month (our first time there). Did not see any construction. I can't speak to the specific places the OP has asked about, but I walked a bit in both directions and everything where I was walking was open.

(photos by turtles06)

These pictures are great to see! I will be there May 4th

(photos by turtles06)

Great pics Turtle, did you do both Maho and Orient? If so, how was getting to both beaches in one day and did you have time to shop in town afterwards before heading back to ship? Thank you 😄

Great pics Turtle, did you do both Maho and Orient? If so, how was getting to both beaches in one day and did you have time to shop in town afterwards before heading back to ship? Thank you 😄

Thanks for the kind words. We were actually doing a tour with Bernards (based on recommendations on this board); it was excellent. We did tour number II, which besides driving us around a good bit of the island gave us about 90 minutes at Orient Beach, about half an hour in Marigot (which was fine, as it was a Sunday and most stuff was closed), and about half an hour at Maho (you really don't need more, it's just to see the planes), before heading back to the ship. Rather than returning to the ship, we could have been dropped off in Philipsburg if we'd wanted; there was time for that. (But we're not shoppers. :) )

United%20over%20Maho%201024x697_zpsiynpsr8b.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

We are also doing Bernard's Tour on our Pride cruise. In regard to Orient Beach: Are there changing rooms/bathrooms? Is there a rental fee for loungers/umbrellas? TIA. BTW, our friend is a pilot for United Airlines, so turtles06, I sent him your picture! :p

Edited by Crusin Karen

I don't recall there being any public changing areas or chair rentals. But you should not have any trouble finding a bar that rents chairs and umbrellas and has restrooms you can change in. Just walk up and down the beach until you find a bar that appeals to you. Club Orient has restrooms behind the beach bar as well as rentals but note that it is along a nude beach.

We are also doing Bernard's Tour on our Pride cruise. In regard to Orient Beach: Are there changing rooms/bathrooms? Is there a rental fee for loungers/umbrellas? TIA. BTW, our friend is a pilot for United Airlines, so turtles06, I sent him your picture! :p

:)

The bar where Bernard's dropped us rented two lounge chairs with umbrellas for $10. (Not very comfortable chairs, but we spent little time in them.) They had restrooms, a fresh water shower, and two small changing rooms.

You can also walk around and pick another place, just be back in time to meet your guide. (We were fine where we were dropped off.)

Have a great trip!

:)

The bar where Bernard's dropped us rented two lounge chairs with umbrellas for $10. (Not very comfortable chairs, but we spent little time in them.) They had restrooms, a fresh water shower, and two small changing rooms.

You can also walk around and pick another place, just be back in time to meet your guide. (We were fine where we were dropped off.)

Have a great trip!

Thanks! My bathing suits are just not the "comfortable" and I'd much rather wear shorts for the rest of the tour. If I decide to go swimming I wanted to know if there is a place I could change. And I HATE wearing wet bathing suits!

Edited by Crusin Karen

Not a changing room but I do seem to remember a ladies room near where you can rinse off the sand on one of the paths. But that was before the renovations, not sure they kept them

Thanks! My bathing suits are just not the "comfortable" and I'd much rather wear shorts for the rest of the tour. If I decide to go swimming I wanted to know if there is a place I could change. And I HATE wearing wet bathing suits!

I do too, and I changed into dry clothes before leaving the beach for the rest of the tour. Much more comfortable that way.

Have a great trip!