Classic drinks package upgrade

brammers

Hi, booked to go on reflection in August and have classic drinks package as part of deal, can anybody tell me if I am able to upgrade to a premium drinks package and if so, how much does it cost? TIA:)

$10.00 +18% gratuity =$11.80 When you board go to any bar and they will sticker your card. If you choose it can be done in advance but if you have OBC wait until you board.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Hi, booked to go on reflection in August and have classic drinks package as part of deal, can anybody tell me if I am able to upgrade to a premium drinks package and if so, how much does it cost? TIA:)

We have upgraded from the free classic package to the premium package on our 14 night Scandinavia and Russia cruise in July.The cost was £227.98 in total for both of us. I hope that helps.

Mini bar is separate and you can upgrade one person only. If you go to a bar they will only serve you according to your package. If you keep the classics package and purchase a drink that is greater than the allowed value, you pay the whole amount, not just the difference. On the premium package you only pay the difference. We have cruised with and without a package. We spent slightly less without the package, but I am certain that is due to the fact we were conscious of the cost of drinks. We consumed less. We do not pay for the mini bar. We simply take s drink back to our cabin. It's good exercise [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

$10.00 +18% gratuity =$11.80 When you board go to any bar and they will sticker your card. If you choose it can be done in advance but if you have OBC wait until you board.

If you do it on board before sail away, they will also charge you an additional local sales tax which is required by the local authorities. If you wait until after sail away you'll save the tax. If you wait until the first full day, you won't pay the full day's price for the half day embarking.

If your port has no local tax, then no problem, no extra payment. In Spain it's different. I believe they charge 18% tax as long as you're in their waters. (actually it's much more complicated than that but no need to go into it if you're not sailing out of that country.)

Edited by ChucktownSteve

We wait to upgrade until we check to see if there are any bartenders or servers aboard that provided great service on a previous cruise. They get a positive score in their employee profile for upgrades they sell. Sometimes they get a small commission as well but not always.

Can anyone tell me what the cost is to upgrade from the Classic non-alcoholic drink package to the premium alcohol package? We have a third person in the cabin and they got a free non-alcoholic (what good is that? lol) Do they just need to buy the full package outright? Thanks