Hampton Inn Seattle Airport

RCKM43

Looking at this hotel in August. Would prefer to be downtown but prices are double and we need two rooms for two nights. Talk to me about this hotel? Any family friendly restaurants nearby? I read that the shuttle will drop you at the light rail is this true? How complicated is that to do with kids? Anyplace nearby to get snacks or water to take on the cruise?

Also what shuttle did you take to the pier (Celebrity) from the hotel?

Edited by RCKM43

There are convenience stores and restaurants within a 10-15 minute walk north from the hotel. There’s a Safeway south of the hotel about a 30 minute walk although the hotel shuttle may be able to drop you if you ask.

They do drop at the light rail station. It’s actually much easier than accessing it from the terminal as the access is across the street and you don’t have to reenter the terminal. Very easy to do as long as you can handle your bags. No stairs, just a short elevator ride.

There are convenience stores and restaurants within a 10-15 minute walk north from the hotel. There’s a Safeway south of the hotel about a 30 minute walk although the hotel shuttle may be able to drop you if you ask.

They do drop at the light rail station. It’s actually much easier than accessing it from the terminal as the access is across the street and you don’t have to reenter the terminal. Very easy to do as long as you can handle your bags. No stairs, just a short elevator ride.

We wouldn't be taking any bags. Only using the light rail to head downtown for a little sightseeing in the morning.

The Hampton Inn Seatle Airport is on Int'l Blvd and 194th

The Hampton Inn and Suites is on 28th and about 190th.

At the corner of Int'l Blvd and 188th, there's a Denny's and a taco bell. And several more restaurants just a few minutes further as you walk towards seatac.

The Hampton Inn and Suites would put you a bit closer to the restaurants if that's a priority.

As for the Light Rail, it's quite simple to use. They leave frequently so no need to sweat if you miss one. ( Don't use a twenty in the machine tho or you'll get a bunch of silver dollars in change! )

Ask the hotel shuttle driver to drop you by the rail station instead of taking you into the airport terminal. That will save 7=10 minutes of walking. Buy tickets to Westlake Center, the last stop ...$3 adult, 40 minute ride. From Westlake you can walk 3 blocks to the Pike Place Market or, you can catch the monorail to the Space Needle/Seattle Center. The Market gets mobbed by 11am so go there first.

http://www.soundtransit.org/link

If there are 4 of you, the shuttle is about $15pp. Cheaper to take a cab. http://www.flatrateforhire.com is $35 for a prius, probably $42-45 for a minivan.

Edited by mapleleaves

Thank you. Unfortunately there are more of us than will fit in a cab. But the light rail and monorail sound doable. Is there a pizza place near the hotel? Also how long would you say it would take to get to the space needle? 40 mins or more?

Thank you. Unfortunately there are more of us than will fit in a cab. But the light rail and monorail sound doable. Is there a pizza place near the hotel? Also how long would you say it would take to get to the space needle? 40 mins or more?

Pizza makes it real easy, just have it delivered to your hotel!

If there are too many in your party for a cab, consider a limo/towncar service. To pier 91 will be about $65.

Space Needle ... 40 minutes by Light Rail to Westlake Center, then transfer to the monorail (in Westlake Center) for the 2 minute ride to Space Needle.

Instructions for transfer in this link

http://www.seattlemonorail.com/about/

Maple leaves,

What is the most economical/ convenient way to get from our hotel ( Hampton Inn at the Airport on Int'l) to our cruise port 91 ? There will be four adults and two children with lots of luggage.

Maple leaves,

What is the most economical/ convenient way to get from our hotel ( Hampton Inn at the Airport on Int'l) to our cruise port 91 ? There will be four adults and two children with lots of luggage.

for 6 people, a car service would be most convenient. Already There has gotten good reviews on this forum. I'd say the cost will be around $65, maybe a bit more for 6. Do a search on town car or limo and you'll probably find other options.

Shuttle Services charge pp ie Seattle Express charge $15pp so $90.

Or, 2 flat rate cabs would be $35 per car. http://www.flatrateforhire.com

Sorry I can't help you with that one. Maybe someone else will come along.

Roz

Hi. I am staying at the 28th street hampton.

Can u tell me about it as far as food and a place to buy a case of water before going the next day on the ship.

Also did u use the shuttle package they offer to the port and from Port either to airport or hotel. And if so. What was it like as far as times or anything

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Golfer,

I stayed at the 28th St. location after a cruise. I took the cruise ship's transfer to the airport, and then called the Hampton Inn to pick me up at the airport.

As far as grocery stores or drugstores to buy water, I didn't see any. I ate dinner at Dave's Diner that's a block from the hotel. You walk up a steep hill on 28th and turn right and the diner is right there. A little further away, but still within walking distance, is a Denny's, Thai restaurant, and Hawaiian bbq place.

Hope this helps.

Roz

Hampton Inn partners with Seattle Express. Schedule is on the shuttle web site:

http://www.seattleexpress.com/2901.html

There is no store closeby for lugging a case of water to the hotel. Just bring a refillable bottle and fill up onboard. The shuttle is $15pp. If there are 3 or more in your party, consider a taxi or towncar .... a car service won't charge for a 2 minute stop at the store.