Cruuse capacity question

I'm sorry if this isn't the place to ask this but not sure where else I could ask. We know virgin cruises will presumably debut in the the next few years. Does anyone think if another new cruuse line was to also come out with say 2 ship a midsized and maybe a bit larger could it compete with the likes of ncl, rccl, carnival? If so what would you like to see on the ships if you had a choice?

Thanks

I would like to see smaller ships - in the 800 to 1200 passenger range: a market which is not currently well served - and with the aging of HAL's R and S class ships will be not served at all. Hopefully they would offer the more traditional approach to cruising which has been evaporating in recent years. There are plenty of mega-ships with multiple activities provided by RCI, NCL and Carnival, as well as the fairly large ships of Princess, Celebrity and HAL' s newer builds - and a fair number of the premium priced, and smaller Oceana and Crystal ships -- but there is a growing gap in the moderately priced 800-1200 pax niche.

Well it is a big dream of mine and gial. I have ideas and been researching the industry for sometime. I got a huge mountain to climb trying to find experienced corporate management and financing. Just trying to gather some market research.

Thanks

Saga is having a new ship built in Germany, for under 1,000 people; all cabins will have balconies, and 15% are singles. By listening to dedicated Saga users, they will also have a wrap round promenade, and launderettes.

Saga is for over 50s only, though (apart from a younger partner). The cruise line offers door to ship transport up to a certain mileage, insurance and all tips in the price.

Saga is having a new ship built in Germany, for under 1,000 people; all cabins will have balconies, and 15% are singles. By listening to dedicated Saga users, they will also have a wrap round promenade, and launderettes.

Saga is for over 50s only, though (apart from a younger partner). The cruise line offers door to ship transport up to a certain mileage, insurance and all tips in the price.

I like the sounds of that.

I would like to see smaller ships - in the 800 to 1200 passenger range: a market which is not currently well served - and with the aging of HAL's R and S class ships will be not served at all. Hopefully they would offer the more traditional approach to cruising which has been evaporating in recent years. There are plenty of mega-ships with multiple activities provided by RCI, NCL and Carnival, as well as the fairly large ships of Princess, Celebrity and HAL' s newer builds - and a fair number of the premium priced, and smaller Oceana and Crystal ships -- but there is a growing gap in the moderately priced 800-1200 pax niche.

It was sad to see 2 of the S class ships moved over to P&O. We especially loved the Ryndam.

And it may not be too long and the S class ships will be gone and then the R class ships and Prinsendam will follow.

Well it is a big dream of mine and gial. I have ideas and been researching the industry for sometime. I got a huge mountain to climb trying to find experienced corporate management and financing. Just trying to gather some market research.

Thanks

Since you are asking.....we are in our 50's and prefer ships with no more than a 1200 pax capacity. Would like to see a more all inclusive line that does not go to the usual mexico or carribean ports. The ships that cater to the carnival or Disney crowds is not a "like" for our taste. Possibly prefer a line that caters to seasoned travelers with more intellectual activities.

Sounds too good to be true:D And a self serve laundrette......woo hoo!!! You know what is first in my list of priorities! Tips included too?! Where do we sign up:confused:

Since you are asking.....we are in our 50's and prefer ships with no more than a 1200 pax capacity. Would like to see a more all inclusive line that does not go to the usual mexico or carribean ports. The ships that cater to the carnival or Disney crowds is not a "like" for our taste. Possibly prefer a line that caters to seasoned travelers with more intellectual activities.

That line already exists. It's called Oceania.

Thanks

Good luck

Everyone needs to have a dream

I'm sorry if this isn't the place to ask this but not sure where else I could ask. We know virgin cruises will presumably debut in the the next few years. Does anyone think if another new cruuse line was to also come out with say 2 ship a midsized and maybe a bit larger could it compete with the likes of ncl, rccl, carnival? If so what would you like to see on the ships if you had a choice?

Thanks

If you've got a billion dollars or so (to build a couple of small/medium ships) and can afford to lose a couple hundred million the first couple of years, I might have some other investment ideas that return a far better return on investment than shipping. :p

That line already exists. It's called Oceania.

Surprised that no mention has been made of Windstar's trio of 'Power Yachts', Seaborne's entire fleet and Viking's new ocean going cruise ship. If one is looking for a cruise experience that caters to 'socially mature' and usually well traveled passengers who enjoy the cruise part of cruising as well as visiting all the sights of interest and that don't need or want to be entertained every waking moment - take a look. Socially mature and well traveled doesn't mean the over 75 crowd either. I've sailed these lines and have always found a youthful and engaging group of passengers. After doing the math the cruise fare on these more intimate ships isn't as expensive as it first seems. That's due in large part because the 'nickel and diming' for things that should have been part of the cruise fare on the mega ships are already included.