Elation still at dock in N.O. at 5:50pm

BigEasyCC

I was on the ship this past week. On Friday in a Q&A the cruise director said they wouldn't be leaving until 8pm because they were preparing for Jacksonville. There's some bridge or something that the ship wouldn't fit under. So they had to take something off of the ship and cut the bottom of it down to make the ship shorter before they could cruise to Jacksonville.

Edited by Saint Greg

I was on the ship this past week. On Friday in a Q&A the cruise director said they wouldn't be leaving until 8pm because they were preparing for Jacksonville. There's some bridge or something that the ship wouldn't fit under. So they had to take something off of the ship and cut the bottom of it down to make the ship shorter before they could cruise to Jacksonville.

That is certainly plausible. The work was on top of the funnel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your insight! Makes sense why they were welding on top the funnel. Looked to be the signal light that extends upward from the funnel.

The bridge in Jacksonville is the Dames Point Bridge. Before the Elation the only boat to fit under it is the Facination. And it is a very close fit as in Inches. :)

Love being on the boat going under the bridge.

Edited by catnpkg
spelling

The bridge in Jacksonville is the Dames Point Bridge. Before the Elation the only boat to fit under it is the Facination. And it is a very close fit as in Inches. :)

Love being on the boat going under the bridge.

That is a tight fit!

biz_carnivalMiracle2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
They were cutting down the funnel to fit under the bridge. I have a friend that works on the Elation and he was telling me what they were doing.

It wasn't the funnel it's self that was shortened, but the signal light pole that extends from the top of the funnel.