Is Thermal Suite Pass Worth it?

mengel246

We are traveling next month on the Getaway with our young children (3 and 5). This is the first cruise for any of us. As much as I love my family I definitely need alone time to relax and get some quiet and peace of mind.

I was thinking of getting myself the weekly pass to use the Thermal suite but i don't want to drop almost $200 if it's going to an environment that is loud and not relaxing. I know the pass doesn't include additional services (massages, etc). My husband definitely doesn't need something like this so it would be just me purchasing.

Thoughts?

We purchase a thermal suite pass on every cruise. A quite, adults-only place to reset and relax. The hot, bubbling waters of the hydrotherapy pool will help wash away the stress from a busy day cruising. And the wet sauna, dry sauna, steam room, and salt bath will help revitalize you.

We personally were disappointed in the Spa on the Getaway. The acoustics are such that people talk very loudly, especially when they are in the T pool or hot tub and it isn't the quiet relaxing place that we have enjoyed on other ships. Sounds bounce off f the ceiling and walls and to us, created almost an echo-like effect. Of course, YMMV.....we have already bought our spa passes for our Alaska cruise on the Pearl and lan to use it daily. The Pearl spa is our favorite....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I cruise in a studio or an inside just to save some money for things on board. Number one is always a thermal pass. Usually go very early each morning and the place is empty. Totally worth it and a great way to start my day.

We purchase a thermal suite pass on every cruise. A quite, adults-only place to reset and relax. The hot, bubbling waters of the hydrotherapy pool will help wash away the stress from a busy day cruising. And the wet sauna, dry sauna, steam room, and salt bath will help revitalize you.

I have to agree 100% with everything BirdTravels has to say. We were able to upgrade from a regular balcony to a spa balcony which includes the use of the thermal suite.

We personally were disappointed in the Spa on the Getaway. The acoustics are such that people talk very loudly, especially when they are in the T pool or hot tub and it isn't the quiet relaxing place that we have enjoyed on other ships. Sounds bounce off f the ceiling and walls and to us, created almost an echo-like effect. Of course, YMMV.....we have already bought our spa passes for our Alaska cruise on the Pearl and lan to use it daily. The Pearl spa is our favorite....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The same thing has happened to me on more than one Breakaway cruise. I feel fortunate to be in the spa when it's quiet. On my cruise last month, a woman went to the front desk and got one of the workers to come in to quiet the talkers.

I went of Getaway with my DH, kids and N laws. I loved it. it was my time.

One tip if you come back to ship early on any port day. Give DH the kids (they need a nap don't they :-)) and go to the spa it will be empty, I had it to my myself for over hour.

So I am thinking about splurging on Thermal Spa pass on my solo trip on Escape this May. Could someone tell about their experience? In detail, please? I've never been, and feel like I would not know what to do in there, LOL. Teach me please :D

I'm thinking somewhere I read that you get a discount if you book the thermal spa pass before your cruise? Is this correct? I've been doing so much research for our 1st NCL cruise it's all starting to run together, lol.

It is 179 pp under your reservation. 199 pp onboard.

Now, I am not sure about cocktails being served unless that is new. I never saw anyone coming in serving drinks.

No glass is allowed in the thermal suite area. They offer flavored water, tea and that is self serve.

You are allowed to bring in drinks but not in a glass container.

This was my experience on the Breakaway.:)

Edited by janetz

The spa on the BA has everything you would normally see in a spa of this type. The ceramic lounge chairs looking over the bow are wonderful. The pool is refreshing and relaxing. There is a sauna, a salt room and lounge chairs are all wonderful. I can not think of one negative.

I would choose a pass to the spa for the week over a massage if I had to choose between the two. We are booked in May on the BA and purchased our spa pass with the discount already. It's really what you make of it like anything else.

They w deliver cocktails TO YOU!!!! Just let them know at the desk and a server comes right down and takes your order! Wonderful!!

Oh brother, I hit the sauna to sweat OUT the booze from the night before, lol. That's just what I need, speedy delivery!:eek:

In addition to the pass "splurge" try to hit the spa tour, followed by the raffle. less than a quarter of the people who toured actually return for the raffle. Both people in my cabin won last April and it was an awesome bonus on top of the spa pass to book a treatment!

How to get your money's worth with a spa pass:

On a sea day, I would head down to the spa early in the morning, after sunrise and breakfast. Heated tile lounger if it's available, or the thess pool if it isn't. Sometimes I would alternate between the two, and then shower/dress for lunch. I would head back in the late afternoon before dinner to alternate between the sauna/steam room, and then lie in the forward facing chairs to watch the sunset.

On port days, I would go straight to the spa after getting back on the ship. The time in the thess pool and the tile loungers seemed to recharge me from the day of exploring/beach/shopping, etc. The larger showers in the changing rooms are wonderful, and it gave my husband the cabin and bathroom all to himself. After dinner, we'd go to the spa together late at night.

These trips weren't more than 30 minutes to an hour, but they were always the highlight of my day. I am not a "party by the pool" type of person. I cruise to relax, and loud music/screaming kids/obnoxious drunks aren't my style. The spa is the only place on the ship to get away from it all. Even the library had a large group playing card games and dominos, so it was a challenge to find a quiet spot.

The pass is expensive, but I viewed it as an excursion since it was similar in price. It was the best "excursion" I have ever paid for.

Now, I was on the 10-day Gem out of NYC, with 6 days at sea, so I had plenty of days to use the spa. For this 7-day that we're going on in two weeks, I am waffling on whether to by the passes. I know that I want to, but I also want to spend that $$ on Little French Key.

Decisions, decisions.