New alcohol policy?

Hokapontas

I was checking on the FAQs to see if anything had changed in 2 years since cruising with O. I was planning to get 2 bottles of wine from Duty Free to enjoy from our room during a FP cruise at Easter. This is what I found. Previously the policy mentioned no more than 2 bottles per port of call. Can anyone confirm the old or new policy? There's not much point purchasing wine in this case below. :what:

What is your alcohol policy?*

The sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages will be limited to guests aged 21 years or older. Oceania Cruises will refuse and prohibit the sale of alcoholic beverages to guests under the age of 21 years. Guests are kindly reminded to consume alcohol in moderation. Oceania Cruises reserves the right to prohibit and retain all alcohol bought ashore for consumption on board the vessel.

The key phrase here is

"Oceania Cruises reserves the right to prohibit and retain all alcohol bought ashore for consumption on board the vessel."

rarely do they enforce the policy

Perhaps you are thinking of this in the FAQ's

Can I purchase bottles of wine at ports of call and bring them on board?

Guests wishing to purchase wine in a port of call and bring it on board with them may do so, limited to three (3) bottles per stateroom. Guests are welcome to enjoy their wine in the comfort and privacy of their stateroom or suite, or, if they prefer, may enjoy their wine in one of the ship's dining rooms. Any wine consumed in the dining room or a public area will be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00 per bottle.

This is a frequently asked question. Do a search on the topic and you will find that there are a number of regulars who routinely bring on CASES of wine. We don't normally bring on much (maybe 3-4 bottles of wine and one of spirits) and we have NEVER had a problem. You can also bring on liquor from ports of call.

As the dearly missed Don Horner often said, they treat us like adults.

Mura

Guests wishing to purchase wine in a port of call and bring it on board with them may do so, limited to three (3) bottles per stateroom. Guests are welcome to enjoy their wine in the comfort and privacy of their stateroom or suite, or, if they prefer, may enjoy their wine in one of the ship's dining rooms. Any wine consumed in the dining room or a public area will be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00 per bottle.

YES, thanks, this is what I remembered. I just couldn't find it this morning, I looked and looked. Need to rub my eyes more.

I think I even brought some Bailey's aboard in Greece. Fun times ahead.

The key phrase here is

"Oceania Cruises reserves the right to prohibit and retain all alcohol bought ashore for consumption on board the vessel."

rarely do they enforce the policy

Okay, checked again, and could not find this entry in the FAQs. I remember it from before, but can't find it on their website now. Strange??

We strolled right on with 4 liters of hooch we picked up from the China duty free at the port two days ago. Not an eye was batted. They don't care at all, really. We asked our stewardess (who is amazing) to keep the fridge stocked with tonic and Diet Coke and it has been since dinner that night. Oceania are pretty great when it comes to this. Enjoy!

There is a thread mid page entitled 'bringing wine aboard ship". The OP got all the exact same answers there as here! :rolleyes:

Anyone care to start a new thread "Can I bring alcohol aboard an O ship?"

This really needs to be a sticky, but if one won't look half way down the page to get and answer, I doubt they would read a sticky! :eek:

YES, thanks, this is what I remembered. I just couldn't find it this morning, I looked and looked. Need to rub my eyes more.

I think I even brought some Bailey's aboard in Greece. Fun times ahead.

I could not find anything either . Looked on the cruise documents and could only find the 21 and over stuff . As I recall you were allowed to bring liquor as long as you didn't consume in the public areas . I think your fine as long as you keep your cool . Unless they have tightened up .We loved that you could have enough booze to get a little juiced up without having to blow $40 a day in the bars .Call me a cheap ba#$ard . I have no pride . :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by iamkingofall
I'm drooling