Global Entry at Port Everglades

One'l'

Good morning! I have Global Entry, and am traveling next week with a family member using a wheelchair who does not. When we arrive in port at Everglades, will we both be able to use the Global Entry line on the way home? Thanks for your help!

Good morning! I have Global Entry' date=' and am traveling next week with a family member using a wheelchair who does not. When we arrive in port at Everglades, will we both be able to use the Global Entry line on the way home? Thanks for your help![/quote']

The Global Entry rules say No. Wheelchairs seem to get special treatment anyway.

This is all relatively new to the port and it varies by terminal.

We went through it in January. Ironically even though our line said Global Entry the line was longer.

While technically you have to be in Global Entry to get on that line, my guess is they will accommodate the person in the wheelchair.

Keith

GE at Port Everglades has been hit or miss. It was "miss" on our disembarkation there in November. Other reports here say it is up and running, so I guess you can report back to us. :)

Kamloops50 is correct in that the Global Entry/Trusted Traveler program is specifically and only for those who have met the criteria and have been accepted into the program. When you cross the border by car, you are not allowed to have anyone in the car with you who does NOT have a Nexus card. It's grounds for revoking the card.

Personally, I would never ask for a friend or relative to be allowed into the GE line with me; that's not how the program works and is unfair to those who are in the program. I mean no offense and I am not upset - but you did ask and this is my take on it, as a Trusted Traveler myself. :)

When you cross the border by car, you are not allowed to have anyone in the car with you who does NOT have a Nexus card. It's grounds for revoking the card.

Is that only if you go through the NEXUS line or any of the lines??

Do you ask the other people in the car to walk across the border ? :eek:

Is that only if you go through the NEXUS line or any of the lines??

Yes, in the Nexus lane at the land crossing.

Do you ask the other people in the car to walk across the border ? :eek:

No, of course not. If someone in the car is not a Nexus card holder, you have to use the regular lane.

Yes, in the Nexus lane at the land crossing.

your previous post was a bit misleading re the NEXUS card

You can have a person in the car without NEXUS but you must go through the regular line

your previous post was a bit misleading re the NEXUS card... You can have a person in the car without NEXUS but you must go through the regular line

My omission of a few words may have caused some confusion and for that, I do apologize. :) However, it is my opinion that most people who read my comment knew what I meant, as we are talking about people using the Nexus/Global Entry/Trusted Traveler line who have not been accepted into the program.

OP, sorry to have derailed your thread.