Thermal Suite on Regal/Royal

nbsjcruiser

We've got the Regal and Royal Princess booked for the next year and I am interested in prices for the use of the Thermal Suite (they call it the Enclave perhaps?). We just came off the NCL Getaway and we lucked out with an upgrade to a Spa Mini-suite which gave us free access to the Thermal suite for the week. I have to say I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the use of the Therapy pool, heated stone beds, steam room and sauna. I see that on the two ships we have booked that there is a Thermal Suite as well so I was wondering how much it would cost to purchase a week in the Thermal Suite or Enclave if that's what its called.

thanks in advance

I was on the Regal Princess last November for a one-week Caribbean cruise, and booked the Enclave, which includes the therapy pool. I liked the therapy pool, showers, and stone beds (which were not heated) very much. I have arthritis and recently had bilateral knee replacement and the therapy pool was nice.

However, I don't think I'd pay for it again (it was expensive - ~$150 for the week), as the weather was beautiful throughout the cruise and I missed being out on deck. If I booked a cool weather cruise (i.e. northern Europe, Iceland, perhaps even Alaska), I would use the Enclave more, so it might be worth it. Hope this helps.

I booked the Enclave on the Royal and I liked it, but I'm on the fence about doing it again for our upcoming Regal cruise. The fact that the stone beds are unheated was really disappointing. I spoke to the front desk a few times about this and got several different answers. I had a spa pass on the NCL Pearl and those heated stone beds are amazing. They were missed on the Royal.

Does anyone know if I book a massage, if I'm allowed to use the Enclave before and after the treatment?

When we were on the Regal last year it appeared that they were allowing people to use the enclave before their spa treatments

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

I booked the Enclave on the Royal and I liked it, but I'm on the fence about doing it again for our upcoming Regal cruise. The fact that the stone beds are unheated was really disappointing. I spoke to the front desk a few times about this and got several different answers. I had a spa pass on the NCL Pearl and those heated stone beds are amazing. They were missed on the Royal.

Seriously? What's the point of the stone bed then? Bummer. Maybe for ice cream but not a spa.

Cold-Stone-Creamery.jpg

Agree. Check to see that the stone beds are working ALL days you pay for them. We were on the Star Princess and half the time they were cold the other time only half warm. Sea was rough and the pool too rough too use and the therapy pool was not that warm when it was full. We were going around the Horn. Nice facility if all works and worth the cost. The last day in Buenos Aires we stayed on the ship and intended to relax in the spa and it was all shut down; steam rooms, stone beds and the works. Quite a bummer.

• 1 month later...
When we sailed the Royal the beds were very warm. We enjoyed the pool very much. Princess charges less then NCL for pretty much the same amenities :)

Sorry for bumping a thread from March, but I've been meaning to ask a similar question: NCL Getaway thermal suite vs Royal Enclave. I'm afraid NCL may have me spoiled:

--large hot tub

--good sized therapy pool, just above body temp, awesome jets

--plenty of padded or heated tile loungers -- all enclosed but with great ocean view from deck 16 forward and starboard.

--saunas etc

--refreshments including tea and citrus water, and towels/robes without leaving the thermal suite.

When I look at the Enclave photos on Royal, I see an interior area (no ocean view), one therapy pool, four tile loungers, and not much else. Am I missing something? I sail the Royal in Oct.

Sorry for bumping a thread from March, but I've been meaning to ask a similar question: NCL Getaway thermal suite vs Royal Enclave. I'm afraid NCL may have me spoiled:

--large hot tub

--good sized therapy pool, just above body temp, awesome jets

--plenty of padded or heated tile loungers -- all enclosed but with great ocean view from deck 16 forward and starboard.

--saunas etc

--refreshments including tea and citrus water, and towels/robes without leaving the thermal suite.

When I look at the Enclave photos on Royal, I see an interior area (no ocean view), one therapy pool, four tile loungers, and not much else. Am I missing something? I sail the Royal in Oct.

8 tiled loungers 2 oval waterbeds, huge therapy hot tub, sauna, turkish sauna herbal, a hamman, also , citrus waters, spa robes, et cet

Heard mixed reviews on the Enclave on the Regal. If we get on early enough in May we were going to look into this for ourselves.

My question is does anybody know the hours this is open? Can we go at 5 AM or 10 PM or both as I assume once you get a pass it is unlimited to the hours they are open.

Thanks

As I recall the hours are not unlimited however I can't remember the exact times they were open. There is definitely no ocean view. I enjoyed the large whirlpool immensely! I didn't feel the stone loungers were very warm at all. I do plan on purchasing when I board in Feb. :)