Wonderful Copenhagen 2016 edition

We will be docking at Oceankaj and plan to take the bus into the city centre and see amalienborg palace. 2 or our other must sees are the little mermaid and Nynhavn. What order is it best to do these in and approx how long will it take to walk to the little mermaid from the centre of town?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

was just visiting , but when I went to Papiroeen I took the harbor bus. Was at the Tivoli hotel but I think it's same for the Marriott, the nearest stop is across the river from the big mall that is nearby. It was a Sunday and the boat wasn't running directly to Papiroeen but it wasn't a far walk from the Opera House.

Edited by makiramarlena

Danish Viking, I'm still reading this thread as I just found it. Before I get so buried in the thread and the links (the DOT was exactly what I was looking for), I want to express great appreciation for all the info you have provided. You are also very patient and kind to offer repeat info when requested. Nothing I've come across yet (I confess limited usage) has been as openly inviting and as kindly informative as your posts.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Thaaaaaank you :-)

You just ask if you don´t find the answer you need.

Danish Viking we will be in Copenhagen the end of August and we will be at the Scandic PalCe 4 days before our cruise. My wife is handicap and we have been trying to find a place to rent a mobility scooter with no luck. Could you email us any information or email is gnatsis at sbcglobal dot net. Thanks in advance

George

Try this website

http://www.sagetraveling.com/copenhagen-wheelchair-rental-and-delivery

We will be docking at Oceankaj and plan to take the bus into the city centre and see amalienborg palace. 2 or our other must sees are the little mermaid and Nynhavn. What order is it best to do these in and approx how long will it take to walk to the little mermaid from the centre of town?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I would do it the other way around.

Take bus 27 and get off at Søndre Frihavn.

Walk to the little mermaid through the Kastellet fortress.

Then walk to Amalienborg, if you are lucky you can time it with the changing off the guard at noon.

Then go to Nyhavn and perhaps a canal tour from there.

Bus 26 towards Søndre Frihavn will get you to Østerport from where you can get the 25 or 27 bus back to Oceankaj.

One more question: what's the best way to get to Papiroeen from the Marriott? Is this worth the effort for a good meal?

Thanks.

From the central station or Glyptoteket you can take bus 9A towards Operaen and get off at Papirøen/Arsenaløen.

Or take the northbound harbour busses from the royal library to Operaen and walk back to Papirøen.

Edited by Danish viking

@Danish Viking, Thank you very much for your offer of help. I'm studying metro/bus routes right now. We'll fly into Copenhagen 21 of October for 5 nights. We actually fly from there to Barcelona to cruise back to Florida. We are so excited about Copenhagen.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by Rhea98

Are there taxis at Copenhagen airport for six with luggage, one bag each, or would we need two. What is the current price?

Thanks for your help.

To the downtown area or the cruise terminal?

Yes there are big taxies but they costs a little bit more than the normal taxis.

Around 160 for a small taxi and 210 for a big one to the downtown area

Around 260 to 350 to the pier.

Hello Danish Viking: first time navigate this forum; I hope this message will reach you successfully.

I will be taking a cruise RT from Oceankaj Cruise Terminal and was overwhelmed with info regarding transportation. I did some research and would appreciate your input:

1. From my hotel close to Orestad Station (on June 22, Wednesday) to Oceankaj - take RE train to Oresport St. And change to Bus 27 to Oceankaj. If this is the best route, how do I get to the closest Bus 27 stop from the train station?

2. Return trip from Oceankaj (July 16, Saturday ) to my hotel close to Forum St. - take Bus 25 to Norreport St. Change to M1 or M2 and get off at Forum St.

3. If I want to go to Central area from Oceankaj, would Bus 25 take me right there, and if so, what is the stop that I should get off? Or I have to take Bus 26; if so which stop I should get off ? Does Bus 26 stop at Oceankaj at all?

I hope you don't mind I post so many questions. First time to Denmark from Canada.

Thank you for your time.

Hello Danish Viking: first time navigate this forum; I hope this message will reach you successfully.

I will be taking a cruise RT from Oceankaj Cruise Terminal and was overwhelmed with info regarding transportation. I did some research and would appreciate your input:

1. From my hotel close to Orestad Station (on June 22, Wednesday) to Oceankaj - take RE train to Oresport St. And change to Bus 27 to Oceankaj. If this is the best route, how do I get to the closest Bus 27 stop from the train station?

2. Return trip from Oceankaj (July 16, Saturday ) to my hotel close to Forum St. - take Bus 25 to Norreport St. Change to M1 or M2 and get off at Forum St.

3. If I want to go to Central area from Oceankaj, would Bus 25 take me right there, and if so, what is the stop that I should get off? Or I have to take Bus 26; if so which stop I should get off ? Does Bus 26 stop at Oceankaj at all?

I hope you don't mind I post so many questions. First time to Denmark from Canada.

Thank you for your time.

1) Just walk up to the pedestrian bridge at the far end of the platform (the same direction as the train is going.

You will find bus 27 and the end of the bridge when walking right when you get up the stairs.

2) that is correct.

3) Bus 25 will get you to the edge of the downtown area at Nørreport, or else you can change to bus 26 at Østerport and get off at Kongens Nytorv instead.

Thank you Danish Viking.

For question 3 - if I want to change to bus 26 at Osterport St., do bus 25 and 26 share the same stop?

For question 1 on the day I am going to Oceankaj, if I choose to take bus 25 at Norreport St., does it mean that after I get off the train station, just walk straight ahead then I will reach Bus 25 stop.

Really appreciate your help.

There is also lots of wrong or outdated info on the webpage.

Thank you. This is one thing we always wonder about so I'm glad to know that info is not of value.

I hope the Rejseplanan app is accurate in real time.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Edited by Rhea98

Thank you Danish Viking.

For question 3 - if I want to change to bus 26 at Osterport St., do bus 25 and 26 share the same stop?

For question 1 on the day I am going to Oceankaj, if I choose to take bus 25 at Norreport St., does it mean that after I get off the train station, just walk straight ahead then I will reach Bus 25 stop.

Really appreciate your help.

As evident by my photo guide (link on the first page) there is 2 bus stops at Østerport.

Bus 27 will meet up will 26 at the Østerport, Sløjfen bus stop and 25 and 26 will meet up at the Østerport st. bus stop.

At Nørreport you will go out to the far north end of the station square where the busses departs from.

Jensens Bøfhus (steakhouse) at Axeltorv is okay for the price yoy are paying.

Or else there is a italian restaurant just next door that from my memory was very good but it has been a couple of years since I hve been there.

Hard Rock Cafe is across the square from Tjvoli and half price if you book in advance through Viator. We ate there 1 night and Riz Raz another and MAD which is just around the corner from Tivoli. Copenhagen is one of the best city's we have been to for food.

Also like to say thanks to DV for all the help