Wonderful Copenhagen 2016 edition

Hi Grego. We are also from Florida and will be going on the Sept 10 Transatlantic on Regal. We are flying into Copenhagen two days early and staying at The Bethel. Any information you have received about getting to the hotel would be appreciated.

Hello,

Thank you so much for sharing your expertise!

I have some HOHO questions if you don't mind.

What is your opinion on the best HOHO bus in Copenhagen?

I've found 2: City Sightseeing HOHO with negative reviews and Stromma with better reviews.

Our cruise ship docks in Copenhagen at Oceankaj.

Do you know if the HOHO busses come directly to Oceankaj to pick up passengers?

Is it wise to buy tickets in advance or can we just buy them on the bus?

Our plan is to take the HOHO from the Pier. Our main stops will be Rosenborg, Tivoli, Nyhavn, and Little Mermaid but we will probably stop in between.

I know there are a few different routes but we want to concentrate on the city center route and then jump off and take a water boat from Nyhavn.

Does the HOHO boat take a long time to circle? Would we even need the HOHO boat if we have the HOHO bus or just take the 1 hour boat tour with no HOHO?

Thanks for any help!

Kelly

Hello Danish Viking,

Thanks for all the great advice! Here is an odd question for you, we will be in Copenhagen for a few days before our cruise and are looking to find a Danish Firefighter's tee shirt for the son in law who is a fire fighter here in California. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hello Danish Viking,

Thanks for all the great advice! Here is an odd question for you, we will be in Copenhagen for a few days before our cruise and are looking to find a Danish Firefighter's tee shirt for the son in law who is a fire fighter here in California. Any thoughts?

Thanks

I would be interested in this also, my brother is a volunteer fireman here in New York. He is an assistant Chief, and two of my Nephews are volunteer firemen. I think that they also would be interested.

Hi Grego. We are also from Florida and will be going on the Sept 10 Transatlantic on Regal. We are flying into Copenhagen two days early and staying at The Bethel. Any information you have received about getting to the hotel would be appreciated.

We're leaving today for our cruise, arriving tomorrow in Copenhagen and staying at the Hotel Bethel for a couple of nights. So excited! We stayed at the Bethel last year and loved it. You can just take the Metro from the airport to Kongens Nytorv, then exit the Metro and cross the street at the traffic light, turn left and walk past the theater to Nyhavn Street? (just about a block or two away, at the top of the Nyhavn canal), turn right along Nyhavn (it's a one-way street for cars but has a fairly nice sidewalk) and walk another couple of blocks; the hotel is right at the corner of the bridge across the canal (Toldbogade?) and Nyhavn. The bridge raises occasionally to let ships come and go, we watched it once from our room at the Bethel.

Just a warning, keep a close eye on traffic AND BICYCLES, there's tons of them and they seem to have (or think they have) right of way most of the time.

Have a great trip! And enjoy your time in Copenhagen, we absolutely loved the city and are really happy we have the chance to revisit it.

Thanks again to Danish Viking for this wonderful forum, we used it a lot last year AND this year; it's been so very helpful!

There was a very good reply to your post. We are thinking of doing the Metro from the airport to Hotel Bethel when we fly in on August 28 for the Baltic portion of our BTB if the weather (and amount of luggage) is convenient. If it is raining or the luggage is not really manageable we will bit the bullet and take a taxi.

Per the directions from the airport to the hotel it appears that, according to Rick Steve's book, the Metro fare is about 36 DK which is about $5.50 US.

Our Baltic voyage embarks on the 30th and we definitely will be taking a taxi to the pier.

Looks like we will be on the same voyage as you when we do the British Isles and TA to New York.

Hello,

Thank you so much for sharing your expertise!

I have some HOHO questions if you don't mind.

What is your opinion on the best HOHO bus in Copenhagen?

I've found 2: City Sightseeing HOHO with negative reviews and Stromma with better reviews.

Our cruise ship docks in Copenhagen at Oceankaj.

Do you know if the HOHO busses come directly to Oceankaj to pick up passengers?

Is it wise to buy tickets in advance or can we just buy them on the bus?

Our plan is to take the HOHO from the Pier. Our main stops will be Rosenborg, Tivoli, Nyhavn, and Little Mermaid but we will probably stop in between.

I know there are a few different routes but we want to concentrate on the city center route and then jump off and take a water boat from Nyhavn.

Does the HOHO boat take a long time to circle? Would we even need the HOHO boat if we have the HOHO bus or just take the 1 hour boat tour with no HOHO?

Thanks for any help!

Kelly

I can´t recommend one over another as I have never tried one of these busses (waste of money in my opinion).

They seems to have a bus that connects with the major route from Oceankaj when a ship is in port but then you have to change bus.

Hello Danish Viking,

Thanks

Voila

http://www.brandgodt.dk/product_info.php?products_id=39

There was a very good reply to your post. We are thinking of doing the Metro from the airport to Hotel Bethel when we fly in on August 28 for the Baltic portion of our BTB if the weather (and amount of luggage) is convenient. If it is raining or the luggage is not really manageable we will bit the bullet and take a taxi.

Per the directions from the airport to the hotel it appears that, according to Rick Steve's book, the Metro fare is about 36 DK which is about $5.50 US.

Our Baltic voyage embarks on the 30th and we definitely will be taking a taxi to the pier.

Looks like we will be on the same voyage as you when we do the British Isles and TA to New York.

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to the cruise. We are not too far from you in Florida --in Boynton Beach. Enjoy your Baltic voyage.

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to the cruise. We are not too far from you in Florida --in Boynton Beach. Enjoy your Baltic voyage.

My parents lived in Boynton Beach for 25 years so I have fond memories of that area. We decided to venture a little further north and still within a short drive to Port Everglades.

Have a safe trip to Copenhagen and we might see you aboard the beautiful Regal Princess.

Hi Danish Viking

I want to purchase the Copenhagen Card on line. Arriving at around 17:00. Will the sales location still be open past 18:00 at the airport, when I pick up my card? I want to use my Copenhagen card for my metro to my hotel.

I am just printing my voucher and and will show this voucher when I claim my card at the airport.

Hi,

Can you help with the best way to get from Helsingor to Copenhagen? Is it possible to buy the 24 hr city pass and add the supplement to get us into Copenhagen? We only need one way from Helsingor as we are meeting the ship.

Thanks for any help!

You can pay the ticket at the Town Shop just next to the bus stop.

I was reading through this thread but didn't find the information anywhere.

The town shop in oceankaj, can we pay by credit card for the bus ticket to town ? since we are arriving through cruise ship and don't have krones.

Thanks

Dear Danish Viking (or others)-- I know this is a 'beat to death " subject and I tried my best to find prior postings/threads about it but to no avail! Here goes--how much per person should we tip a guide (and driver if a separate person) for a 6 hour driving/walking tour around Copenhagen? I have heard advice ranging from 2 or 3 Euros for the guide and 1Euro for the driver to 10%/10Euros of the individual tour price for a guide and 5 Euros/5% for the driver. I know Americans really overdo the tipping in Europe and that some locals are rightly offended by it (but probably don't refuse the tip too often). Just want to pay what is fair and normal. Obviously if the tour really sucks or is outstanding then the tip will be adjusted up or down accordingly.

Dear Danish Viking;

I have been trying to find the route map of bus 25, 26 and 27 but I can't find it anywhere.

Can you suggest a link to a website ( other than the map of the whole bus system).

If we arrive at Oceankaj on Friday morning, which bus is the best to go to Nyhavn ?

And to go back in th evening?

Thanks

The Resjeplanen app shows this. I had to put in a specific place so chose Hotel Bethel. Danish Viking may return from vacation before Friday. I don't remember. Once you get to the terminal, you should be able to get info. In fact, your ship may know this.

b8129cb4352c4f8220d0901079467be8.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Dear Danish Viking;

I have been trying to find the route map of bus 25, 26 and 27 but I can't find it anywhere.

Can you suggest a link to a website ( other than the map of the whole bus system).

If we arrive at Oceankaj on Friday morning, which bus is the best to go to Nyhavn ?

And to go back in th evening?

Thanks

There is free bus take u from oceankaj to bus,train station

Has anyone taken the Stromma (green) HOHO Boat from Langelinie?

http://www.stromma.dk/en/copenhagen/sightseeing/sightseeing-by-boat/hop-on-hop-off-boat/

Our ship docks there (Silhouette on 9/1) and it looks like the HOHO boats stop right there on the south end of the pier.

Can you buy tickets on that pier (like at a booth or on the boat)? At roughly US$14 it looks like an easy way to get to some of the attractions near the water and reduce some of the walking.

There is free bus take u from oceankaj to bus,train station

There are no "free" buses from Oceankaj. The 25 bus is a special bus that runs from Oceankaj to Osterport and Norreport on days that ships are in port, but the fare is the same as on the regular 27 bus which also runs from Oceankaj.

Can I take the 26 directly from Oceankaj or I have to take the 25 or 27 then transfer to the 26 at the tram station?

Bus 26 does not go to Oceankaj. If you are taking the 26 bus somewhere, you will need to transfer.

From a previous post, it looks like you are trying to go from Oceankaj to Nyhavn. In order to do that, take the 27 bus or the special 25 bus from Oceankaj to Osterport station. There, switch to the 26 bus. (The stops are close to each other.)

If you are not already aware of it, the Copenhagen Journey Planner is a great resource. It's got timetables, photos, etc. See: http://www.rejseplanen.dk/