Wonderful Copenhagen 2016 edition

Bus 26 does not go to Oceankaj. If you are taking the 26 bus somewhere, you will need to transfer.

From a previous post, it looks like you are trying to go from Oceankaj to Nyhavn. In order to do that, take the 27 bus or the special 25 bus from Oceankaj to Osterport station. There, switch to the 26 bus. (The stops are close to each other.)

If you are not already aware of it, the Copenhagen Journey Planner is a great resource. It's got timetables, photos, etc. See: http://www.rejseplanen.dk/

Thanks.

Until what time does the 25, 26 and 27 run on Friday night?

When taking the 25 or 27 to Osterport, is there a specific direction I am going to?

And the 26? Which direction to go to Nyhavn? Which direction to come back?

Has anyone taken the Stromma (green) HOHO Boat from Langelinie?

http://www.stromma.dk/en/copenhagen/sightseeing/sightseeing-by-boat/hop-on-hop-off-boat/

Our ship docks there (Silhouette on 9/1) and it looks like the HOHO boats stop right there on the south end of the pier.

Can you buy tickets on that pier (like at a booth or on the boat)? At roughly US$14 it looks like an easy way to get to some of the attractions near the water and reduce some of the walking.

We were on the Stromma HOHO bus today and it made two stops for cruise ship passengers at Langelinie piers when doing the Mermaid loop.

Sent from my YOGA Tablet 2-1050F using Tapatalk

We were on the Stromma HOHO bus today and it made two stops for cruise ship passengers at Langelinie piers when doing the Mermaid loop.

Sent from my YOGA Tablet 2-1050F using Tapatalk

Thanks, although we're not looking to buy the HOHO Bus tickets as well, just the Boat tickets. But it's good info for those looking to use the HOHO Bus.

I emailed Stromma and got an answer I wasn't quite expecting...

"We do have shuttles on the pier, and you can buy your tickets there, and pay by cash or credit card. It is shuttle busses from the pier to Gl. Strand, and from here you can take the hop on and off boat."

What I was really looking for was if they sell tickets right there at the Langelinie HOHO Boat stop (or on the boat itself). I suppose this works to take their shuttle to the GI Strand and get on the boat there, but it just seems more efficient to get on right at the pier. Maybe we'll just try to make that decision before leaving home and pre-buy the tickets so we have them with us so we can get on right at the pier stop.

Does anyone know which hoho bus company stops at the airport Crowne Plaza Hotel? We're staying there in August, and they said that one hoho makes a stop there in the a.m., but they didn't specify which company it is.

Thanks!

Sorry for my inactivity but I got pneumonia (I think it is, Lungebetændelse in Danish) after I got home from Roskilde so I haven´t been on top. :D

I will return with replys to the many questions if they aren´t answered yet but First I will reply to an ongoing question about the kissing bridge.

The bridge that will connect Nyhavn with the Opera, Copenhagen Street Foood etc etc should have opened 3 years ago but now it has happened.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1nAJEqYlreoJL

It's funny that you posted that. When we were in Copenhagen last week on a Netto canal boat tour, as we went under the bridge, one of the workmen yelled out "It's finished!" but the tour guide thought he was kidding.

PS - Hope you feel better. Appreciate all your great info that helped plan our time in your wonderful city.

Edited by pjs678

Danish Viking,

Pneumonia is scary and takes, don't over due as it takes weeks to completely get over! We are staying at the Best Western (Hebron). What is the best way to get there from the airport? We love public transportation, and plan on getting the Copenhagen card/pass. I assume we can buy one at the airport.

Just a big heads up.

Uber is now illegal by law, just if you think about using them while in Copenhagen.

The police has said that they won´t do anything specific about it but if your drivers car is taken out in a razzia or a routine control you can be left stranded on a unfamiliar street/area.

Just saying :D

Hi,

Can you help with the best way to get from Helsingor to Copenhagen? Is it possible to buy the 24 hr city pass and add the supplement to get us into Copenhagen? We only need one way from Helsingor as we are meeting the ship.

Thanks for any help!

A single ticket to Hellerup where the Citypass is valid from costs 108 Kroner.

But instead of buying a city pass that cost 80 kroner you can by a 24 transportation ticket that costs 130 kroner instead.

This ticked is valid from Helsingør.

I was reading through this thread but didn't find the information anywhere.

The town shop in oceankaj, can we pay by credit card for the bus ticket to town ? since we are arriving through cruise ship and don't have krones.

Thanks

Yes its possible to pay by credit cards.

Dear Danish Viking (or others)-- I know this is a 'beat to death " subject and I tried my best to find prior postings/threads about it but to no avail! Here goes--how much per person should we tip a guide (and driver if a separate person) for a 6 hour driving/walking tour around Copenhagen? I have heard advice ranging from 2 or 3 Euros for the guide and 1Euro for the driver to 10%/10Euros of the individual tour price for a guide and 5 Euros/5% for the driver. I know Americans really overdo the tipping in Europe and that some locals are rightly offended by it (but probably don't refuse the tip too often). Just want to pay what is fair and normal. Obviously if the tour really sucks or is outstanding then the tip will be adjusted up or down accordingly.

If you give 1 euro to the driver he will be offended.

A general idea is to expect to pay nothing but if its a good value for you then I would say maybe 20-25 kroner (3 euro) for the driver because it equals á cop of coffee at a petrol station.

The guide should probably have around the double.

As in general we don´t expect tipping but when I talk to the bus drivers etc they do talk about tipping from Americans so you are getting them used to it. :D

In a taxi would just round the number so if a taxi trip is 180 kroner and you pay with a 200 bill just let the driver keep the rest.

If you pay by credit card I wouldn´t do it unless the driver has been exceptionel.

The same goes in a restaurant.

Dear Danish Viking;

I have been trying to find the route map of bus 25, 26 and 27 but I can't find it anywhere.

Can you suggest a link to a website ( other than the map of the whole bus system).

If we arrive at Oceankaj on Friday morning, which bus is the best to go to Nyhavn ?

And to go back in th evening?

Thanks

I found a map last year or so but I can´t find it again.

But you can both take 25 and 27 to Østerport and take bus 26 from there.

Thanks.

Until what time does the 25, 26 and 27 run on Friday night?

When taking the 25 or 27 to Osterport, is there a specific direction I am going to?

And the 26? Which direction to go to Nyhavn? Which direction to come back?

The 25 bus goes until aprox 1 hour before the last departure.

The 27 bus has the last departure from Østerport at 18:38 and 19:08

Oceankaj is the first stop so just get on the first bus.

At Østerport the 26 bus goes towards Ålholm Plads when going back the destination is Østerport or Søndre Frihavn.

Dear Danish Viking;

I have been trying to find the route map of bus 25, 26 and 27 but I can't find it anywhere.

Can you suggest a link to a website ( other than the map of the whole bus system).

If we arrive at Oceankaj on Friday morning, which bus is the best to go to Nyhavn ?

And to go back in th evening?

Thanks

Just a follow up reply

I found a route map. :D

http://www.dinoffentligetransport.dk/KoereplanerPdf/25-0025-010116.pdf

Hello Danish Viking,

Could you help with Fredericia question? We plan to rent a car and visit Egeskov Castle and Andersen Childhood Home. I see that there is also Andersen Museum but address is different from the Home. Is it in the same place? Should we visit both? Is it enough time to visit both (in port 8 to 18)? Does it make sense to visit castle first and then Andersen Home or castle last?

Thank You

renasd1

Edited by renasd1

The Hc Andersens Hus is the main museum and Hc Andersens Barndomshjem is an "extra" museum with stuff from where he greb up.

The main museum is the one located on the street Bangs Boder.

I would go for the castle first as its the one located furthest away, so when you get towards Odense you will get closer to your ship.

Edited by Danish viking

Hello Danish Viking,

Could you help with Fredericia question? We plan to rent a car and visit Egeskov Castle and Andersen Childhood Home. I see that there is also Andersen Museum but address is different from the Home. Is it in the same place? Should we visit both? Is it enough time to visit both (in port 8 to 18)? Does it make sense to visit castle first and then Andersen Home or castle last?

Thank You

renasd1

Hi renasd1;

Sorry to jump in this thread but since we don't have your email there is no way to get in touch with you.

Come and have a look at the roll call. There is a lot going on. Kim is also trying to form groups for TJ St-Petersburg 3 days tours. And please come to the Meet & Mingle on Monday July 25th at 5:00 at the Viking Crown Lounge.

See you on the ship.

Stefanny

We are staying at the Best Western (Hebron). What is the best way to get there from the airport? We love public transportation, and plan on getting the Copenhagen card/pass. I assume we can buy one at the airport. Hope you are feeling better

Danish viking,

In the U.S. they have finally started issuing credit cards with chips but still require a signature and NOT a pin. Will this be an issue at places like the airport train station or other unmanned machines?

I have been reading that some places will not take a chip card unless it requires a pin. Is there any way to verify this?

Any insight would be helpful.

We are staying at the Best Western (Hebron). What is the best way to get there from the airport? We love public transportation, and plan on getting the Copenhagen card/pass. I assume we can buy one at the airport. Hope you are feeling better

The hotel is located 2 small block away from the central station so the best way is to take the Øresundstog train from the airport and get off at the central station.

Remember that the city pass and Copenhagen Card is 2 different things. But yes you can buy the Copenhagen Card at the information desk at Terminal 3 just outside the bagage claim area on your left hand.

And thank you, I feel alot better, I'm still cough alot but im feeling better.

Danish viking,

In the U.S. they have finally started issuing credit cards with chips but still require a signature and NOT a pin. Will this be an issue at places like the airport train station or other unmanned machines?

I have been reading that some places will not take a chip card unless it requires a pin. Is there any way to verify this?

Any insight would be helpful.

I work in a big chain store here in Denmark and our card terminals accept cards without pin and will straight away ask for a signature.

So my thinking is that its more and more acceptable to use these cards, but small stores etc on the side streets maybe don't accept it.

But my recommendation is that you ask before purchasing anything

Just a heads up for you guys using the airport after your cruise.

The airport is currently seeing record number of passengers with days with over 100.000 passengers, thats the first time ever.

This means that the wait in security can be some minutes longer than usual but its nothing like those horror stories i hear from american airports.

So just be prepared to arrive some 20 minutes or so before you had planned to arrive.

The airport opened 2 extra lanes just before this summer and is as we speak building out the security area so next summer there will be 24 lanes in the security with 20 this summer.

The area infront of security will be doubled in size so the area won't be so crowded.

In the passport check for non schengen flights in pier C they have put those automatic passport scanners in use so now there is more options there as well.

Edited by Danish viking