Wonderful Copenhagen 2016 edition

I'm not Danish Viking, but -

In May 2015, after disembarking at Oceankaj, we purchased tickets from the bus driver and took the bus (with our luggage) to Norreport station. We were told that single ride bus tickets were available for purchase from the bus driver.

This website might not be the best, but does have useful info.

http://www.scandinaviastandard.com/buy-transport-tickets-in-copenhagen/

Thank you, I found this link very helpful.

Does anyone know if wi fi is available around Oceankaj pier? Is it available in the shop there or near the bus stop. I have learned so much from this wonderful thread. Looking forward to my visit to Copenhagen in May.:)

Does anyone know if wi fi is available around Oceankaj pier? Is it available in the shop there or near the bus stop. I have learned so much from this wonderful thread. Looking forward to my visit to Copenhagen in May.:)

According to cruiseportwiki there is wifi at the terminal.

Hi Danish Viking,

Thanks for all the helpful information you provide and hoping you will be able to answer a few questions. We debark at Langelinie pier on July 4. DH will debark before me as he is planning to take the 8:46 train from Osterport to Varberg to visit family for an overnight. I know the Osterport station is very close to the pier and I'm wondering if a taxi would want to wait for a better fare and not be willing to go the short distance to Osterport. An option would be to take the 8:56 from the Central Station. Either way, can he expect a sufficient number of taxis at the dock without a long wait? He's planning on buying the tickets in advance and I'm thinking it would be best to buy refundable tickets in case he misses the train. I know he'll have to change at the airport station for the ID check. Does the train wait or will he be getting on a different train?

I'm not planning on debarking until at least 9:00 and will taxi to our hotel so can I also expect a sufficient number of taxis at that hour? Thanks.

Carole

We dock on July 3 and have an overnight on the ship. We'll be on Crystal's Symphony and was told we would be docking at Langelinie and, I believe, we'll be at C190.

Carole

Edited by caroak

Hi Danish Viking and others, thank you so much for helping out, I learned tons from you all and really appreciate your kind hearts.

We are a family of 4 with 2 kids ages 2 and 4, we are planning to arrive a day before we embark onto NCL Getaway on August 23.

After reading the suggestions from this thread, I would like to do the following:

- Torvehallerne food market

- Watch changing of the guard at Amalienborg Castle

- Canal Tours or GoBoat

- Strøget

- Tivoli Gardens

- 3D Movie at Tycho Brahe Planetarium (if possible)

Since we will have 2 kids (in strollers) and at least 2 big luggages, we plan to drop off our luggages at the hotel (Marriott - because we can use points) before checking out the city.

Question:

1. From Rejseplanen, it looks like the most direct way to get from the airport to hotel is Train RE1333 to København H, and walk 15min to the hotel? Do you think the walk would be feasible for 2 adults with 2 strollers and 2 large luggages? Or you would suggest taking taxi to get to the hotel directly?

2. Do you mind suggesting an itinerary based on the places I want to visit? Would they all fit into 1 day? Our flight arrives on August 22 at 9am, but since Copenhagen is 5 hours ahead of our local time, that means 4am to me, and our kids would probably be so tired that they will nap in the strollers during the day. And we might want to head back to hotel at around 4pm to check in and take a break before heading out to Tivoli Gardens.

3. From previous posts, it seems that there are limited transportation options near Marriott, would HOHO bus a good option as it has a stop at the hotel? (but you also mentioned that you think HOHO is a waste of money?), so any suggestions how to get around based on my itinerary?

4. Taxi, most gift shops, restaurants and attraction ticket booth take credit cards, right? In that case I guess I only need to get some Krones for street food?

Thank you so much for this thread which is so useful to prepare a visit of Copenhagen. We will be in Copenhagen for 3 days before boarding a cruise. We plan to spend a day visiting Frederiksborg castle, and Frendensborg castle. Are the fare of train tickets included in the Copenhagen Card?

We dock on July 3 and have an overnight on the ship. We'll be on Crystal's Symphony and was told we would be docking at Langelinie and, I believe, we'll be at C190.

Carole

Sorry you are correct.

I searched on arrivals.

I will be back with a full reply later on.

Thank you so much for this thread which is so useful to prepare a visit of Copenhagen. We will be in Copenhagen for 3 days before boarding a cruise. We plan to spend a day visiting Frederiksborg castle, and Frendensborg castle. Are the fare of train tickets included in the Copenhagen Card?

Hi Svetlana,

Yes, they are. The Copenhagen Card covers all means of public transport in Greater Copenhagen, including Hillerød, Fredensborg, Helsingør, Roskilde, Køge etc.

You can check train schedules here: http://www.journeyplanner.dk/

Hi Danish Viking,

Thanks for all the helpful information you provide and hoping you will be able to answer a few questions. We debark at Langelinie pier on July 4. DH will debark before me as he is planning to take the 8:46 train from Osterport to Varberg to visit family for an overnight. I know the Osterport station is very close to the pier and I'm wondering if a taxi would want to wait for a better fare and not be willing to go the short distance to Osterport. An option would be to take the 8:56 from the Central Station. Either way, can he expect a sufficient number of taxis at the dock without a long wait? He's planning on buying the tickets in advance and I'm thinking it would be best to buy refundable tickets in case he misses the train. I know he'll have to change at the airport station for the ID check. Does the train wait or will he be getting on a different train?

I'm not planning on debarking until at least 9:00 and will taxi to our hotel so can I also expect a sufficient number of taxis at that hour? Thanks.

Carole

The tickets are are valid on any trains over the bridge on the given date, usually ticket reservations should not be needed.

Regarding taxi´s, Langelinie is normally not used to exchange passengers so normally there aren´t that many taxi´s around but I´ll imagine that the taxi companies gets told about your ships arrival by the Cruise Copenhagen Network.

But If you get a taxi You will probably have a better change of getting to the central station because I don´t think they will take a short trip to Østerport.

Also Remember that the ticket hall at Østerport is closed untill 2019 so there is only ticket machines available.

But you can take bus 26 from Langelinie to Østerport and further on Kongens Nytorv station the central station,

You can take the bus from the bus stop at the pier but there are more departures from the next bus stop at Indiakaj just at the buttom of the pier.

https://www.google.dk/maps/place/Indiakaj/@55.6956228,12.6054927,16z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x465252de6ee8856f:0xeb0e221fb2acd1be!8m2!3d55.6951972!4d12.5978878

http://dinoffentligetransport.dk/KoereplanerPdf/26-0026-090417.pdf

If I understand the new procedure correct at the airport you will then get on the same train.

We are doing a Baltic cruise on the Regal Princess in July ending in Copenhagen. We have an 11.50 flight to Bergen on the same day we disembark which is a Thursday. How should we get to the airport (T3)??

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can take a taxi or you can use public transportation, depending when you disembark.

We used public transportation when we used self-debarkation around 8:15 am. We took the bus to the Norreport station and then the M2 Metro to the airport. We were checked in, through security and at our gate by 10:30 am.

Public transportation is a cheaper option than a taxi (DKK 24 pp vs. about DKK 250), but you probably don't want to try public transportation if you have more than a carry-on bag.

Hi Danish Viking and others, thank you so much for helping out, I learned tons from you all and really appreciate your kind hearts.

We are a family of 4 with 2 kids ages 2 and 4, we are planning to arrive a day before we embark onto NCL Getaway on August 23.

After reading the suggestions from this thread, I would like to do the following:

- Torvehallerne food market

- Watch changing of the guard at Amalienborg Castle

- Canal Tours or GoBoat

- Strøget

- Tivoli Gardens

- 3D Movie at Tycho Brahe Planetarium (if possible)

Since we will have 2 kids (in strollers) and at least 2 big luggages, we plan to drop off our luggages at the hotel (Marriott - because we can use points) before checking out the city.

Question:

1. From Rejseplanen, it looks like the most direct way to get from the airport to hotel is Train RE1333 to København H, and walk 15min to the hotel? Do you think the walk would be feasible for 2 adults with 2 strollers and 2 large luggages? Or you would suggest taking taxi to get to the hotel directly?

2. Do you mind suggesting an itinerary based on the places I want to visit? Would they all fit into 1 day? Our flight arrives on August 22 at 9am, but since Copenhagen is 5 hours ahead of our local time, that means 4am to me, and our kids would probably be so tired that they will nap in the strollers during the day. And we might want to head back to hotel at around 4pm to check in and take a break before heading out to Tivoli Gardens.

3. From previous posts, it seems that there are limited transportation options near Marriott, would HOHO bus a good option as it has a stop at the hotel? (but you also mentioned that you think HOHO is a waste of money?), so any suggestions how to get around based on my itinerary?

4. Taxi, most gift shops, restaurants and attraction ticket booth take credit cards, right? In that case I guess I only need to get some Krones for street food?

1) It will be very hard to get a taxi driver to take a trip from the central station to Marriott because its a very short trip so if the money is not issue I would probably take the taxi all the way.

Or else its only a 10 minute walk fro the central station.

But you can also take bus 66 from the central station to Mitchellsgade just next to the hotel, its runs around every 10th minute.

2) The changing of the guard just might fit in the tour schedule

If we say that you are at the hotel and has dropped your bags before around 11 you can take the 66 bus to Sankt Annæ Plads just behind Amalienborg, it just takes around 8 minutes.

Its the same bus stop you will get off at if you take the 66 from the central station.

Then walk back to Nyhavn (5-10 minutes) perhaps get a hot dog at the hotdog stand before boarding a canal boat tour.

After the canal tour you walk along Strøget and Købmagergade until you get to Nørreport station and Torvehallerne, on the way you will pass Rundetaarn (The round tower) that is worth a visit.

When you get back you can take the S-train to Vesterport and walk the few 100 meters to Tycho Brahe Planetarium, I don´t know if the schedule suits you but you can check when you get closer to the date.

I´ll expect that you can be at Tycho Brahe Planetarium around 16:00 or 17:00.

From here you can get the 66 bus back to Marriott from Vesterport.

3) The reason why I think its a waste of money (maybe a little bit harsh) is that most of the sites is in walking distance or else bus metro and train can get you to most places.

But bus 66 stops just outside the hotel and bus 5C and 250S stops very close by.

4) yes get some kroner for street food and the 66 bus unless you get a Citypass or Copenhagen Card.

Yes its included.

Remember if you have the time then Kronborg (hamlets castle) is close by, actually on the same train line as the Fredensborg castle.

Hillerød with Frederiksborg castle is in one end, Fredensborg in the middle and Helsingør with Kronborg in the other end.

I guess I'm not convinced about the value of the Copenhagen card. Can someone help me out?

We will be in town for 48 hours. So we will need to travel from the airport to Central station and depart to the cruise dock. While in town, I would like to do a canal cruise to see the basic sights, stroll the Stroget, little mermaid, see the palace from the outside, and go to Tivoli gardens. We don't plan to go into any of the museums due to time limitations.

So am I better off doing the hop on hop off bus for $36 pp and just paying for transport in and out of the city? Or is the city card the better deal at $28 and pay for a boat trip? How easy is it to use the public transport to get to these places?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes its included.

Remember if you have the time then Kronborg (hamlets castle) is close by, actually on the same train line as the Fredensborg castle.

Hillerød with Frederiksborg castle is in one end, Fredensborg in the middle and Helsingør with Kronborg in the other end.

Thanks Danish Vicking! Do you think we can visit all 3 of them in one day, including transportation???

Danish Viking, would you have any info on going to Malmo from Copenhagen? Can you take the SJ High Speed Train from the airport or is it only from the central train station?

If taking the Nettbuss express bus, where does it stop in Copenhagen and Malmo?

Thanks in advance!

Danish Viking, would you have any info on going to Malmo from Copenhagen? Can you take the SJ High Speed Train from the airport or is it only from the central train station?

If taking the Nettbuss express bus, where does it stop in Copenhagen and Malmo?

Thanks in advance!

The X2 train stops at the airport but it costs more than the regular Øresundstog.

Most bus companies also stops at the airport and from what I can see its under 1/2 price compared to the train.

At Copenhagen they stop next to DGI Byen, at the airport its outside Terminal 2 and in Malmö its next to the central station.

Thanks Danish Vicking! Do you think we can visit all 3 of them in one day, including transportation???

¨

What date are you in town, there are some track repairs this summer that can extend the travel time so If you tell what dates you are here I can make a travel plan for you.

I guess I'm not convinced about the value of the Copenhagen card. Can someone help me out?

We will be in town for 48 hours. So we will need to travel from the airport to Central station and depart to the cruise dock. While in town, I would like to do a canal cruise to see the basic sights, stroll the Stroget, little mermaid, see the palace from the outside, and go to Tivoli gardens. We don't plan to go into any of the museums due to time limitations.

So am I better off doing the hop on hop off bus for $36 pp and just paying for transport in and out of the city? Or is the city card the better deal at $28 and pay for a boat trip? How easy is it to use the public transport to get to these places?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The City pass is way cheaper and also covers transportation from the airport.

¨

What date are you in town, there are some track repairs this summer that can extend the travel time so If you tell what dates you are here I can make a travel plan for you.

We shoud be there on June 21, 22 and 23. We board the cruise on June 24.