Shrimp Cocktail

bankerbabe

Just curious, not a big issue.....

If one were to prefer traditional cocktail sauce for a shrimp cocktail, could one ask for that sauce in lieu of or in addition to the Caribbean shrimp cocktail sauce currently on the always-available appetizer menu?

I ask because my 15 year old daughter LOVES her shrimp cocktail and on past cruises has had one every night before dinner. Every. Single. Night. I don't know how she doesn't tire of them.

Again, it's not a big deal, but I am curious.

Thanks!

Just ask for the shrimp cocktail "with American Sauce" FWIW they had two on the table for my 15 YO granddaughter every night when we got there. (along with her vanilla rootbeer) Sometimes she ordered a third.

If one were to prefer traditional cocktail sauce for a shrimp cocktail, could one ask for that sauce in lieu of or in addition to the Caribbean shrimp cocktail sauce currently on the always-available appetizer menu?

I ask because my 15 year old daughter LOVES her shrimp cocktail and on past cruises has had one every night before dinner. Every. Single. Night. I don't know how she doesn't tire of them.

Thanks!

Yes we did this quite a lot. :)

Ask and you shall receive.

But then that applies to pretty much any reasonable request on most lines.

I can't think of a request in the MDR that I have ever had refused. (and I'm not talking about silly requests). Mrs Gut is a fussy eater and vegan, never had reasonable requests knocked back.

Thanks!

My DW has one or two every night, and would be upset if they took it off.

Thanks!

Funny enough on our recent cruise on the Royal I asked for the Caribbean Shrimp cocktail to try it (it was terrible btw), and the server instinctively brought one with cocktail sauce on the first try. Definitely still available I had one most nights.

Thank you all very much for the fast replies!! My daughter is very happy now. Anytime you can make a 15 year old girl smile is a good thing.

We've never asked for anything not on the menu, never thought to.

Is shrimp cocktail availale in HC?

They had a "sushi" lunch in the HC one day and they did have shrimp and cocktail sauce available for that time. Otherwise mostly no.

I put sushi in quotes above because anyone that thinks that is sushi I feel bad for.

Thank you all very much for the fast replies!! My daughter is very happy now. Anytime you can make a 15 year old girl smile is a good thing.

We've never asked for anything not on the menu, never thought to.

15 yo girls smile????? :eek: Never seen it before!!:D

I'm with your daughter, I love shrimp cocktails and have all my life. Even when I was little and a finicky eater (wish I was a finicky eater today) I always ordered a shrimp cocktail if the folks took us to a fancy restaurant.

Today, at dinner I almost always order one. We have them at home quite often. Especially if we have guests, COSTCO makes a nice cocktail setup which saves us from having to do it ourselves.

As far as ordering one in the cabin I would really be surprised to find out you can't do that on Princess. We only sail on Princess, HAL and Regent. I know Regent will give you one anytime you ask and I believe the other two lines are the same.

Of course, if you have the extra charge Balcony Dining you can get whatever you want. We have only did that once and it was super. Swear we are going to do it again but since we use specialty dining so much hardly get the opportunity.

OK thanks -

One more...how about room service for shrimp cocktail??

I was just looking at the room service menu from the Coral last month, and it does not list shrimp as one of the things you can order at no charge.

However, if you are having a party in your room, you can order it, or

if you wanted to pay the price:

24707359149_4b49f24282_z.jpgXG by Cool Runnings, on Flickr