Carnival robes?

I read on another thread that there were "horror stories" about Carnival robes. Then I searched the threads and found old stuff- but nothing recent. What in the world could be so bad about the robes? Are they just old and used or are there yuckies on them and I should not even hang them next to my clothes?

The stories that I've read have to do with robes not being washed and hung back in the closet for the next guest. One story talked about skid marks on the inside part of the robe . Another one mentioned finding old sail and sign receipts and other items from previous sailings in the robe's pockets.

I've never seen anything on the robes in my cabins. My guess is people don't want to wear something that someone else has had on their naked body even if it's been washed.

And there is the silverware that other people had in their mouths even if its been washed...

My brother was on the Triumph last week and noticed there were no bathrobes in the cabin (they are frequent cruisers, no big deal). But I'm curious, are bathrobes no longer put in every cabin and instead, need to be requested?

~Denise

My brother was on the Triumph last week and noticed there were no bathrobes in the cabin (they are frequent cruisers, no big deal). But I'm curious, are bathrobes no longer put in every cabin and instead, need to be requested?

~Denise

Not for certain because I've always had robes and ice in room but on my last cruise my room steward actually came first thing an introduced himself. He explained to me that I was his only platinum and that of course I had robes and ice will be changed twice a day as well as room. At first I just looked at him like huh and said ok...Then he explained that these options were automatic for Platinum and Diamond. So that was news to me but like I said I only know what he told me and not certain if this is a new concept.

Off the Pride earlier this month. Steward gave us a card. We could check off:

Cleaning time(s) - We checked both, and yes we got both day and night.

Extras: Like Robes, Pillows, blankets etc. We also marked how many we wanted. 1 robe, 2 pillows, 1 blanket.

The Steward told us, that robes weren't automatic, we had to request them. I thought this was fine, more closet room. We got 1 robe, because of the 3 of us only 1 of us ever uses it.

I think this would mean that the robes are being washed automatically when they are remove them from the room at the end of each week.

I would think that the robes SHOULD be washed and replaced each week at a minimum. But I am also sure that sometimes mistakes happen. Just like finding a piece of trash in the room from a previous customer. If it's dirty, ask for a clean one. I am curious if the robes are one size fits "some" Does anyone know if there are plus sized robes for larger cruisers?

The stories that I've read have to do with robes not being washed and hung back in the closet for the next guest. One story talked about skid marks on the inside part of the robe . Another one mentioned finding old sail and sign receipts and other items from previous sailings in the robe's pockets.

LOL....I remember that post about the skid marks in the robe:eek:

But even before that, I have never been one to wear the robes. I always bring a very light weight one from home. I find the rooms too warm for those robes anyway. But after that post....I knew that I would never venture to wear one.

~Denise

When I was on the Dream last year, there were no robes in our closet. I'm sure we could have requested them, but we really didn't have a need for them, so we didn't bother.

LOL....I remember that post about the skid marks in the robe:eek:

But even before that, I have never been one to wear the robes. I always bring a very light weight one from home. I find the rooms too warm for those robes anyway. But after that post....I knew that I would never venture to wear one.

LOL, I had a field day with the thread about the skid marks....I laughed so hard that I sat here and cried...for a long time. It was hilarious. That must have been - maybe 5 years ago or so? Seems like forever. Wonder if that thread can be resurrected? :D

I read on another thread that there were "horror stories" about Carnival robes. Then I searched the threads and found old stuff- but nothing recent. What in the world could be so bad about the robes? Are they just old and used or are there yuckies on them and I should not even hang them next to my clothes?

We could care less about robes.

Edited by riclop

The only problem I've ever had with them is losing my camera in the pocket on our last cruise.:eek::D

I had been sitting out on the balcony in my robe and pajamas drinking coffee, taking pictures of the water and stupid selfies and my son knocked on the window to let me know he needed to ask me something. So I slipped the camera into the pocket of my robe and came inside. A little while later, I hung the robe up and forgot the camera was in the pocket.

I freaked out because I couldn't find my camera later that day. The last place I remembered having it was on the balcony and we spent a good few hours discussing the possibilities of it having either been picked up by the wind and blown overboard OR the movement of the ship caused it to fall off the little table and slide under the dividing doors on either side of our balcony.

A day later, I put the robe on again..and there was my camera! I was so relieved.:D

On one of our cruises, I had the robe on and stuck my hand in the pocket. There was a partially eaten cough drop in it. That told me right there that the robe hadn't been washed since the last person wore it because they use extremely hot water to wash and the cough drop would have disintegrated had it been washed.

Skidmarks.