Overnight after embarking in Venice

chefestelle

Hello all. I will be embarking in Venice for a Med cruise on July 17. We then stay overnight in Venice, sailing at 4 pm the next day. I'm wondering what time will embarkation be? Also, if we leave the ship to go back into Venice after embarkation, is there an all aboard time so they can close the doors for the night, so to speak?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

When I had a Venice embarkation with an overnight before sailing, embarkation was at about the usual time.

Check-in was at 11:30, with boarding beginning at noon.

I needed the rest of the day aboard to unpack, confirm reservations, and rest from the journey over. Had I wanted to leave, though, I could have come & gone at will. There's no curfew, as it were, until the "all aboard" time before sail-away.

You didn't ask, but in case you care to know I'll toss it in, muster was right before sail-away on that second day.

Thanks! Very helpful. And yes, I forgot to ask about the muster drill. Good to know it isn't that first day. I imagine unpacking will take a fair amount of time for us too. Nice to have the option though!

Had I wanted to leave, though, I could have come & gone at will. There's no curfew, as it were, until the "all aboard" time before sail-away.
Indeed. When we did this, we went out in the late afternoon to explore the city and stayed out for dinner before walking all the way back to the ship. IIRC, we got back to the ship sometime between 1 am and 2 am, and it was just like returning to the ship at any conventional time during the day. We then went out again in the morning.

Another question if you self disembarked. If you're not catching a connecting flight and are in no hurry to get off the ship, does it matter what time you disembark? In other words, can you be last off with the last call?

In other words, can you be last off with the last call?
No. In order to not interfere with the bulk of the passengers not hauling luggage in elevators, you must get off first ... usually 7:30.

If you are in hurry to disembark, why would you want to request self-disembarkation? You could request the last time slot to leave the ship and enjoy your morning; put your luggage out the night before and pick it up in the terminal. You could even get room service that last morning! Enjoy, m--

If you're not in any rush, it is so nice to be one of the last people off the ship. Relaxing breakfast, little in the way of crowds at the gangway, and very few pieces of luggage to sort through. :D

Ok, tell me more. For some reason I had it in my head that you had to self disembark if you were not taking a transfer. Don't know how I got that idea in my head. So I could have them remove my luggage the night before but it only goes as far as the terminal the next day and I can get off after the rush? You just indicate this somehow? I'm excited for this! Tell me more!

Jtl530 says 7:30 for self disembarkation is the usual time. I have no personal experience. The only two times I've disembarked from a cruise ship I've had to clear customs which meant waiting and waiting and waiting for people who didn't hear or appreciate the imperative nature of the calls to present themselves. I imagine it's much smoother without the necessity of customs!

I am on the same cruise also. The ship arrives at 7am so I am wondering what time you can get off the ship since there is no clearing customs. I don't know weather to book the 10:20am train or the 11:20am train.

You should be able to easily make the 10:20 train.

Ok, tell me more. ... I can get off after the rush? You just indicate this somehow?

You will get a disembarkation form to complete on board. Just indicate you want the latest available time, and that is what will be assigned to you. Expect that time to be called sometime around 9:15-9:30. When the baggage color/number is called, you do have to leave, but you don't have to rush to the gangway. There will be many others in the group called, so just tag along at the end.

Sometimes it's hard to keep from hurrying that day. I know I get that "I gotta rush" feeling, and it isn't necessary. If it's been taking 15 minutes between numbers, you can wait 10 before you head out.