Thoughts on overnights?

RJRULES

We sailed on the Eclipse 2/21/16. Great cruise! We are elite level, love Blu, and are booked for 2017 & 2018. The Eclipse docked overnight in Curacao. Enjoyed Mambo Beach both days day. Enjoyed not rushing back to the ship on the first day. We are Starbucks addicts - enjoyed a late afternoon at Starbucks at the Renaissance Hotel next to the dock.

No interest in getting off the ship at night. Why give up Blu, the Martini Bar, and all the benefits of the ship?

We have no problems with overnight stays, we are neutral on the change. Just wondering what others who experienced an overnight in the Caribbean think about the change?

We sailed on the Eclipse 2/21/16. Great cruise! We are elite level, love Blu, and are booked for 2017 & 2018. The Eclipse docked overnight in Curacao. Enjoyed Mambo Beach both days day. Enjoyed not rushing back to the ship on the first day. We are Starbucks addicts - enjoyed a late afternoon at Starbucks at the Renaissance Hotel next to the dock.

No interest in getting off the ship at night. Why give up Blu, the Martini Bar, and all the benefits of the ship?

We have no problems with overnight stays, we are neutral on the change. Just wondering what others who experienced an overnight in the Caribbean think about the change?

I like them in certain ports. Our next cruise has an overnight in Cartagena -- I can take it or leave it. If an overnight in Curacao -- I think I would really love that. I do like the overnighters in San Francisco as the dock is smack in the middle of the downtown area and so many fun things to do. I also love the 2 nights they plan on staying in New Orleans -- again, everything within walking distance to the ship.

I may not be qualified to answer this as I haven't experienced an overnight stay in the Caribbean, but I have done Azamara and they do overnight stays in port.

On our Mediterranean cruise (ten nights) we enjoyed having the overnight so we could take our time getting back to the ship. We also considered eating on board the ship and then going back into town to enjoy some nightlife.

But as we haven't experienced overnight in the Caribbean I can only say, in theory, I don't think I would I would care to have it. The ports seem pretty busy during the day, and I think we'd be more likely to stay on board after a busy day in port.

So I think it depends on the itinerary for me.

Also speaking completely on impression, as I have yet to have an overnight on a cruise.

An overnight in the Caribbean is of very little interest to me. An overnight in some European ports might be terrific. Would have loved to enjoy one of those 10pm dinners in Barcelona, but we were at sea by then. I'm looking at a Med cruise later this year that overnights in Athens - I think that might be a nice chance to see the evening life there.

I've had overnights and late nights in both Europe and the Caribbean. We've enjoyed them all. We haven't gone back out in the evening in all of the ports, but at a minimum it has allowed us to take our time and get back to the ship later than normal. No matter if we did go back onshore for the evening or stayed on the ship, we've enjoyed our evenings/nights.

Not interested but on our upcoming April Cruise on the Eclipse will have an overnight stay in Curacao. We've been to Curacao many times before and really like the island but doing an overnight there or any of our ports of call isn't an attraction for us. Bonaire was one of our ports of call when we first booked the Cruise but got scrubbed. Bummer!

Edited by davekathy

I have done them with Azamara and look forward to doing them with Celebrity next year

Our pattern is often earlier dinner than usual onboard then back out to see the town at night. Never had a safety issue but we do use a taxi unless as in some European ports the ship is docked right in town

We will be overnighting in Barbados Easter Sunday/Monday. I'm not pleased, as the change was made well after we booked, and means missing Grenada. I'm not against the principal of overnight stays, but in major cities, not small Caribbean ports.

Not a fan. We always go back and forth debating about cruising an area vs a land trip. Overnights push us more towards land trips. Maui is a prime example. We looked at Solstice for next September, saw the overnight in Maui and ended up booking a week in a condo on Maui instead