Just off the Oasis of the Seas

Your review was great, although we didn't have the same experience in the

dining room....but there were so many other places to eat that it didn't deter

us at all.....We loved the experience of the ship & all the wonderful people

we met in the Diamond Lounge........................As we had seen "CATS" on

Broadway (about 32 years ago) we so enjoyed seeing the play again....& we

were fortunate to have a back-stage tour. Rodney, the production manager,

was so informative.....loved every minute!!!!

So, as you can guess, we are now booked on the Oasis, Nov. 5, 2016 (the maiden voyage for the Oasis out of Port Canaveral

(our favorite port) ........And again March 12, 2017......Now to look for another cruise in the meantime!!!!!

What is the difference between the Main Dining Room and Windjammer?

The Main Dining Room is order from a menu and served by wait staff. The Windjammer is serve yourself buffet.

The Main Dining Room is order from a menu and served by wait staff. The Windjammer is serve yourself buffet.

Ok got it. Need to remember which day they serve lobster in the main dining room in order not to conflict with specialty restaurant.

Did you do any excursions in Mexico, particularly the Mayan ruins stuff?

Edited by TVMonitor

Nice brief & co incise review. Did you happen to see if there was an offering of:

BOGO internet package (recently received e-mail)

1st night discount for any specialty restaurants (posted by a recent Oasis Pax)

Discount on any beverage packages (posted by a recent Oasis Pax)

Thanks. Will be sailing on March 26, and looking forward.

From the perspective on a "gold card" holder (Pinnacle and/or Grand Suite or above) I would like to add that Coastal Kitchen and the Suite Lounge and Bar greatly enhanced our experience. We never ate in the Main Dining Room or entered the Windjammer because of the offerings in Coastal Kitchen. The service and quality of food there was amazing.

We were on her back in October and after the first night in CK, we dropped any thought of attending the dining room. Having a suite on deck 17 also enhanced the CK and SL experience. Now we're hooked. :D

Nice brief & co incise review. Did you happen to see if there was an offering of:

BOGO internet package (recently received e-mail)

1st night discount for any specialty restaurants (posted by a recent Oasis Pax)

Discount on any beverage packages (posted by a recent Oasis Pax)

Thanks. Will be sailing on March 26, and looking forward.

Sorry, but I didn't notice any of these promos on the ship (or on the TV system while there). They were offering some great "Next Cruise" incentives though: 30% off each person and up to $500 OBC if you booked within the first five days of the cruise.

Thanks for your thoughts on Oasis. Will be on her late April.

Question did you book the 'Resort for a Day' before you arrived? I am concerned about booking it and then to have less than ideal weather.

Wondering if they take 'walk ins' the day of.

I have looked at this option in Nassau for some time and would like to try it.

What time did you arrive and depart the British Colonial Hilton since Nassau is a short stop?

I did book ahead (small deposit), but I'm sure you could do a 'walk-in' if you got there early. I had asked them how early we could arrive (sent an email before we left and they got right back to me). The answer was 9 a.m. It's about a 10-minute walk from the pier - very easy, just go right and follow the sidewalk. We were there from about 9:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. Remember that your fee includes a $40 food/drink voucher PER PERSON! Well worth it, IMHO!

Thanks for the info. I'm a newbie, could you tell me more about the drink card? Thanks!

This is a 'punch card' that allows you to have 10 drinks (any drink $12 and under), and you can share it with another person (or persons). I had read about it on this site, so was watching the TV system for it! It was offered on day 4 of the cruise. The total was $93.22 USD for 10 drinks. Well worth it IMHO! We do not drink enough to justify having drink packages.

I did book ahead (small deposit), but I'm sure you could do a 'walk-in' if you got there early. I had asked them how early we could arrive (sent an email before we left and they got right back to me). The answer was 9 a.m. It's about a 10-minute walk from the pier - very easy, just go right and follow the sidewalk. We were there from about 9:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. Remember that your fee includes a $40 food/drink voucher PER PERSON! Well worth it, IMHO!

Thank you for your answer and it helps Will put this on the 'to do' list. I have heard good things about it.

We were on this cruise too. our first as a diamond, the diamond lounge was a great place before dinner with a great view of boardwalk. the first floor would fill up but upstairs did not seem full. I know food is a touchy subject.but we will not go back to the windjammer. went once during week and again on last day due to our flight time. other wise it was great food and service.

TIA for all your candid info. We were on the O many years ago and are also trivia buffs. The Schooner Bar, where they held the trivia opened up on one side to the middle of the ship and sounds came up to our area and it was difficult to hear the questions for the trivia. . Or for piano entertainment either. Has that changed? Was it easy to hear the trivia 'director'? Does anyone know if CATS will still be used in November?

Protests? Can you elaborate???? We booked this itinerary again just so we could go to St. Maarten. Hope it isn't anything to be too worried about?

Sorry, I can't remember the tour guide's exact words. It was a workers protest or strike or something like that. I had read (on this site) about the possibility of this happening, so wasn't shocked. Our excursion was fully refunded. I wouldn't worry about it, but it never hurts to have a "Plan B" just in case!

TIA for all your candid info. We were on the O many years ago and are also trivia buffs. The Schooner Bar, where they held the trivia opened up on one side to the middle of the ship and sounds came up to our area and it was difficult to hear the questions for the trivia. . Or for piano entertainment either. Has that changed? Was it easy to hear the trivia 'director'? Does anyone know if CATS will still be used in November?

Here's is what Rodney (Production Manager) told us during the tour.....

"CATS" is leased for 4 years....and the Oasis has been showing it for 2 years

So I guess it will still be shown in November....& we will be going again....

Interesting Info, also from Rodney, Everything to do with "CATS" is

copyrighted which means that all the Scenery, Costumes, & anything else to do with the production

must be totally destroyed after the OASIS stops the production.....

Nothing can be given to another ship in the RCCL fleet or any other ship....

Hi - yes, the Trivia announcer (Ana) had to compete with whatever was going on down below. It was difficult to hear her at times, but she was great - she would often spell out things, or ask if we needed anything repeated. I would recommend sitting near her (and the piano) to help with this!

Unless you were very near one of the speakers, it was difficult to hear and understand the trivia announcer on our Oasis cruise last year. The fountain under the rising tide bar was very loud.

Edited by clarea