Question regarding Congestion & Staggered Boarding times

Riley's Mom

My question is this:

With the newly enforced boarding times in Galveston and the narrow walkway to enter the boarding area....my concern is all the ppl who will ignore their

boarding times and try to enter anyway.

This walkway is a small area & I am wondering how much chaos will ensue if they try to send ppl back thru the line that shouldn't have been entering the building.

Does anyone know what happens when someone tries to enter & its not their

designated time?

Are they sent to an area inside the bldg. to wait or do they have to exit the way they entered and wait outside?

May be a strange question, but this will affect the time we arrive at port.

We will arrive alittle early if needed.

Thank you!

it is staggered CHECK IN, not BOARDING. This gets confused a lot on the boards here. If you are before your check in time you will not be allowed in to the building to sit down, use a bathroom, or get a drink of water.

So Carnival would have say 25 people checking you in. During peak times, everyone is busy, but during slower times, they are standing around doing nothing. Cut 15 people, save money, and make the consumer wait for a time to check in. It's Carnival's customer service and cutbacks working for your enjoyment. Forget that you plan lands, or your hotel check-out time is at 10:00. Too bad.

So Carnival would have say 25 people checking you in. During peak times, everyone is busy, but during slower times, they are standing around doing nothing. Cut 15 people, save money, and make the consumer wait for a time to check in. It's Carnival's customer service and cutbacks working for your enjoyment. Forget that you plan lands, or your hotel check-out time is at 10:00. Too bad.

1) The port employees work for the Port Authority of Miami, NOT for Carnival nor any other cruise line.

2) Prove that 15 people are cut.

3) If people have early-arriving flights or their hotel check-out time in at 10:00, then they can pick the earlier check-in times when they complete their online check-in at Carnival.com.

My question is this:

With the newly enforced boarding times in Galveston and the narrow walkway to enter the boarding area....my concern is all the ppl who will ignore their

boarding times and try to enter anyway.

This walkway is a small area & I am wondering how much chaos will ensue if they try to send ppl back thru the line that shouldn't have been entering the building.

Does anyone know what happens when someone tries to enter & its not their

designated time?

Are they sent to an area inside the bldg. to wait or do they have to exit the way they entered and wait outside?

May be a strange question' date=' but this will affect the time we arrive at port.

We will arrive alittle early if needed.

Thank you![/quote']

Just did a Triumph cruise and the folks are stopped a considerable distance from the terminal entrance - you must present your papers at that checkpoint to be allowed to enter the very spacious roped off area before entering the terminal. I had a 10:30 check in time and arrived at about 11:00am due to Houston traffic. Had no problem getting to the appropriate area and checking in.

Just did a Triumph cruise and the folks are stopped a considerable distance from the terminal entrance - you must present your papers at that checkpoint to be allowed to enter the very spacious roped off area before entering the terminal. I had a 10:30 check in time and arrived at about 11:00am due to Houston traffic. Had no problem getting to the appropriate area and checking in.

Thank you for the answer. I had read something similar in a Magic review. Looks like they are on top of things.

I have to say, I agree here. A problem that was created by larger and larger ships than the terminals can handle but could have been helped by putting more staff on instead of less and redirecting enforcement of a guest unfriendly policy.

Thank you Ma'am,

This is the answer I was looking for.

I may have worded my original post incorrectly. What I she have said was

The check in point and not the boarding area.

Thank your for clearing this up.

My concern was the small little walkway that leads up to the entrance to the checking point and if everyone was trying to get thru that door. Oh what's mess that we be!

Thanks again!

Hah! Nice try.

Plan ahead, you can do online check in after you book. If you do it right away, you will get to choose any time slot you want. It's crazy how people wait until a day before their cruise, and then expect all these accommodations and expect work arounds for not planning ahead.

Plan ahead, you can do online check in after you book. If you do it right away, you will get to choose any time slot you want. It's crazy how people wait until a day before their cruise, and then expect all these accommodations and expect work arounds for not planning ahead.

Your post is making an assumption that the poster sails on Carnival, which this poster does not.

Edited by jimbo5544

Funny but I've yet to read about anyone not getting a check-in time that works for their plans. We booked about 80 days out and all slots were still open to choose for our Dream cruise. We picked 10-10:30 but we could have just as easily picked any other time slot that worked for our plans that day.