Revisions to C&A Points

I have not sailed Royal Caribbean for over 8 years but I am hopeful to remedy that by sailing at the end of 2016.

Since I last sailed RC, there have been some revisions to the C&A levels which bumped me into the Emerald Level. Yay!

In reading some of the threads, I've noted that another revision/change is that solo passengers paying the double occupancy rate are now awarded 2 points per night sailed. [it's about time!!!!!]

My questions are:

When did this change/revision of 2 points per night sailed take place and if, on the off chance, it encompasses any of my past sailings, would I simply call C&A to discuss this?

Does this revision/change encompass any Going, Going, Gone rates that may be 150% or 175%? In other words, must it be a 200% across the board booking or are there exceptions?

What, if any, further revisions/changes have been made for the benefit (or detriment) of solo passengers that I should be aware of?

Any help in bringing me up to speed with booking and sailing Royal Caribbean is greatly appreciated. :)

I have not sailed Royal Caribbean for over 8 years but I am hopeful to remedy that by sailing at the end of 2016.

Since I last sailed RC, there have been some revisions to the C&A levels which bumped me into the Emerald Level. Yay!

In reading some of the threads, I've noted that another revision/change is that solo passengers paying the double occupancy rate are now awarded 2 points per night sailed. [it's about time!!!!!]

My questions are:

When did this change/revision of 2 points per night sailed take place and if, on the off chance, it encompasses any of my past sailings, would I simply call C&A to discuss this?

Does this revision/change encompass any Going, Going, Gone rates that may be 150% or 175%? In other words, must it be a 200% across the board booking or are there exceptions?

What, if any, further revisions/changes have been made for the benefit (or detriment) of solo passengers that I should be aware of?

Any help in bringing me up to speed with booking and sailing Royal Caribbean is greatly appreciated. :)

The changes to the C&A points are not retroactive.

The extra point per night for solo cruisers applies to any stateroom in which two or more guests are normally booked, regardless of what single supplement was charged.

My questions are:

Of course it does not apply to cruises taken before the policy change. The change date was October 3, 2013. :D

As long as you paid for your cabin which can hold more than one, but only paid for yourself, you will receive two points per night. In a JS or higher, you will receive 3 points per night.

Most (if not all) ships will allow you to use your D+ specialty restaurant BOGO perk on two nights as a solo, thus not wasting the perk. This doesn't apply to you, Emerald, but it is a 'solo thing'. ;)

You get the best seats in the theater, because you are only looking for one seat, and you can ALWAYS find one seat anywhere. :D

A big thank you to clarea and Merion Mom for your quick replies.

I feel that some of my questions may be looked upon as ....well.....dumb but I really need to bring myself up to speed and get educumated :D on what is happening in the current world of cruising. What better place to do this than the CC forum boards.

A big thank you to clarea and Merion Mom for your quick replies.

I feel that some of my questions may be looked upon as ....well.....dumb but I really need to bring myself up to speed and get educumated :D on what is happening in the current world of cruising. What better place to do this than the CC forum boards.

Your questions are not dumb, I'd be curious about the changes too. There are many helpful folks here, so don't hesitate to ask more questions.