What to do with a bottle of Tequila (Escape)

ljrfrm

So, we leave Sat on the Escape! My husband is currently on a business trip and will be flying into Miami on Friday to meet up with the rest of us. He was surprised last night with an expensive bottle of tequila. I know we can't bring it on, and honestly we have no need to drink it on the cruise since we have the UBP. Are we able to turn it in at check in and pick it up at the end of the cruise? I'm sure people buy alcohol at times at port and need to check it in. So I'm assuming that's the best way to handle this? I guess we can always throw a wild party in the hotel on Fri night if needed! :)

That was exactly what I was worried about - if you're able to check it or not in Miami. I'd hate to start my vacation in the naughty room but maybe that's the only option?

Maybe I need to just give it to someone looking sad because they are walking of the ship with their vacation finished.

If your there in Miami the night before the cruise, you could have a rip-snortin' good time the night before. Of course the morning after might not be so pretty.... LOL Especially if you missed the boarding. Yikes!!! Good luck figuring it out.

If your there in Miami the night before the cruise, you could have a rip-snortin' good time the night before. Of course the morning after might not be so pretty.... LOL Especially if you missed the boarding. Yikes!!! Good luck figuring it out.

LOL! Maybe I could invite everyone from my Roll Call to our hotel! It's a very expensive bottle brought from Mexico, or else I'd tell him just to leave it behind.

I'm thinking the mailing idea might be the best option, but I don't think he'll have time. I'm hoping he can give it to a coworker, who can then maybe mail it to us when we return home.

You could call your pre-cruise hotel. If they have a business center, they might have the needed things to mail it safely home. I do hope you guys get the precious cargo home safely. If I was closer to the port I would gladly "babysit" it with a few of my friends and safely return the empty bottle to you when you got back. :D

This is the best answer. Have a great cruise btw!

I would either 1) when boarding, explain the situation and ask if you can collect it at the end of the week, or 2) is he travelling with anyone on this business trip, if so, have them take it home for him and he will get it from them when he goes back to work.

Thanks for your responses. Some of them cracked me up and I wish I had a "like" button! :)

My "to do" list is getting long with trying to get out of town - I never thought I'd have to add "drink bottle of tequila" to the list! LOL!

I'm hoping he can just send the bottle home with someone and get it another time. If that's not an option we'll play it by ear and hope that NCL can "babysit" our bottle. If not, I may just try to find a deserving soul at the port if needed and give them a surprise!

I don't know if this would work - passing the Tequila off as wine paying the

corkage fee (although no cork - lots of wines have screw tops now) and then

have a celebratory toast on board.

If not then let NCL secure the liquor for you and claim it back on the last night

of the cruise.

Unless wrapped well don't entertain mail-freight-parcel service to get your

commemorative bottle home unbroken. Likewise caution about putting in your

airline baggage if traveling by air.

Note the NCL liquor representative may have just a primitive knowledge of the

liquors that are tagged for the corkage fee. I would definitely take advantage

of this passing high proof liquor as wine paying the $15 fee per bottle. Again

worse case scenario is the liquor is taken until the end of the cruise.

Only the UBP offers a better deal but then room service is lacking.

That is a fine addition to your vacation to do list!!!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

LOL!

Interesting thought about paying a corkage fee. We probably won't mail - too much of a pain and it could break. It makes the most sense just to "check" it in and get it at the end of the cruise. But, will they do that in Miami........

I'll let you all know what we end up doing. If someone sees a very happy and drunk port authority worker, you will know we decided to give it away! :)

Run to dunkin doughnuts since it is last minute, buy a "box-of-Joe" remove the plastic container inside the cardboard.

This already has a repeal able cap. This is cheaper and quicker then getting a rum runner.

ImageUploadedByForums1458180328.793598.jpg.43b27048ea667cdad175720c495f9fa9.jpg

So, we leave Sat on the Escape! My husband is currently on a business trip and will be flying into Miami on Friday to meet up with the rest of us. He was surprised last night with an expensive bottle of tequila. I know we can't bring it on, and honestly we have no need to drink it on the cruise since we have the UBP. Are we able to turn it in at check in and pick it up at the end of the cruise? I'm sure people buy alcohol at times at port and need to check it in. So I'm assuming that's the best way to handle this? I guess we can always throw a wild party in the hotel on Fri night if needed! :)

I could offer to hold the bottle for you.....but you might not get it back :D

They only let you check liquor at ports of call or if they catch it in your checked bags (smuggling). In your case that may be your best shot.
That doesn't make any sense to me. If they catch you smuggling, they will offer you this service, but if you are honest and ask them up front, they will refuse?

I have seen labeled bottles at the corkage desk on embarkation day, those are bottles that they are holding for people for the duration of the cruise. The same procedure as for ports of call.

I have brought a bottle of wine and left it at the alcohol collection table at the beginning of the cruise, because we brought it to drink on our anniversary at the hotel after the cruise. We did not have to pay anything and it was returned on the last night of the cruise.

I could offer to hold the bottle for you.....but you might not get it back :D

I almost feel like I need to send it to you with a username like that! :)

Thanks everyone for all your input - it sounds like it shouldn't be too difficult to get them to hold it for us. It's worth a shot (of Tequila? LOL) at least.

Edited by ljrfrm