Early Saver with new "Wheel of Fortune" deal

lele100

I just checked today for this deal and I have a question if I am eligible for this.

I have an Early Saver Reservation. the total for 2 guests is 690.24. Now the Wheel of Fortune Promotion, has the same Category for 710.24, which is 20 dollars more however I get $50 dollars on board credit. I was thinking of doing this my price will go up $20 dollars but at least I get $50 dollars on board credit. Do you think I am eligible for this? and if so will I lose my Early Saver rate? In otherwords if it goes down again can I still use early saver?

Thanks

I just checked today for this deal and I have a question if I am eligible for this.

I have an Early Saver Reservation. the total for 2 guests is 690.24. Now the Wheel of Fortune Promotion, has the same Category for 710.24, which is 20 dollars more however I get $50 dollars on board credit. I was thinking of doing this my price will go up $20 dollars but at least I get $50 dollars on board credit. Do you think I am eligible for this? and if so will I lose my Early Saver rate? In otherwords if it goes down again can I still use early saver?

Thanks

On the Fareviewer, it list the Wheel of Fortune as an Early Saver rate.

I have done this before and as long as the new rate is also early saver you can continue to submit the price adjustments but as someone else said you would lose the OBC so make sure that any future price drops are greater then the OBC.

Thanks

My PVP just adjusted my Vista sailing under this rate. I paid $10 more p/p but got $50 OBC bringing the net impact to $30OBC. Another poster below brought up a good point though, its important to note if you adjust your sailing again to another rate you would lose the $50OBC. That said any adjusted rate after the wheel of fortunate rate needs to be a reduction of more than $25 per person in order to be a real savings! Hopes this help!

I have done this before and as long as the new rate is also early saver you can continue to submit the price adjustments but as someone else said you would lose the OBC so make sure that any future price drops are greater then the OBC.

I don't understand this. I was under the impression that anyone who books Early Saver can request price drops up until 2 days prior to the sail date. I also thought that Early Saver fares stopped being offered within 3-5 months of sailing. If Early Saver is not offered within 3-5 months of sailing, then how could someone be eligible for price drops so close to their sale date if the new rate has to also be Early Saver?

Thanks.

I don't understand this. I was under the impression that anyone who books Early Saver can request price drops up until 2 days prior to the sail date. I also thought that Early Saver fares stopped being offered within 3-5 months of sailing. If Early Saver is not offered within 3-5 months of sailing, then how could someone be eligible for price drops so close to their sale date if the new rate has to also be Early Saver?

Thanks.

Correct that Early Saver rates stop about 3-5 months out (depending on lenght of cruise). But if you keep the original Early Saver booking, you can get price protection (adjusted rates) on any other fare up to 2 days before sailing. There won't be any more Early Saver fares, but more deals like "Wheel of Fortune, 50% reduced deposit sales , etc. to price match too.

So, if you price match to a new rate and it IS Early Saver too, you continue to get price protection. However, if the new rate is not Early Saver , then you lose price protection and are stuck at the new fare even if it drops later.

Edited by HawkIVette

Because you booked ES when it WAS available. That's why people book using it. You're still ES even if that particular fare is no longer available.

NEW bookings within a certain time frame approaching the sailing don't have ES available. That's why it's called Early Saver. You book early, you can book under this rate (I don't like the restrictions so rarely use it). You book closer to sailing and you don't have that option.

New question--if I have done a price adjustment once, how would I know now if it was an Early Saver? I did receive an updated confirmation, and it still has the footnote that was on my original one, about losing the $50 pp deposit.

So, if you price match to a new rate and it IS Early Saver too, you continue to get price protection. However, if the new rate is not Early Saver , then you lose price protection and are stuck at the new fare even if it drops later.

So you'd be stuck with the new fare (with no price protection) AND you'd still be stuck with the Early Saver regulations?

Edited by lolavix

New question--if I have done a price adjustment once, how would I know now if it was an Early Saver? I did receive an updated confirmation, and it still has the footnote that was on my original one, about losing the $50 pp deposit.

So you'd be stuck with the new fare (with no price protection) AND you'd still be stuck with the Early Saver regulations?

Not sure I understand what you are asking. If you are still ES after getting a price reduction, then you can still get more price reductions in the future up to 2 days till your sailing. If you took a price protection lowered rate and it required you to change to a different fare offer, you might not be Early Saver still. Best to call Carnival and ask if you are still ES or not.

I usually always book ES and once took a reduced rate that required us to change to the "More the Merrier" rate. We were no longer ES and could not get any more price reductions.

Edited by HawkIVette

If you took a price protection lowered rate and it required you to change to a different fare offer, you might not be Early Saver still. Best to call Carnival and ask if you are still ES or not.

That is what I am unsure of. I thought I had read somewhere that once you were Early Saver, always Early Saver. I will have to call and see.

Thanks.

That is what I am unsure of. I thought I had read somewhere that once you were Early Saver, always Early Saver. I will have to call and see.

Thanks.

Once you are ES you are always ES. The caveat is that you have to be able to select your own cabin (not GTY) to claim the drop(s). CCL will do a one-time GTY adjustment, but it puts you in the cabin pool and I'm not sure how you continue to rack up the adjustments at that point.

Once you are ES you are always ES. The caveat is that you have to be able to select your own cabin (not GTY) to claim the drop(s). CCL will do a one-time GTY adjustment, but it puts you in the cabin pool and I'm not sure how you continue to rack up the adjustments at that point.

I have read and understood that about having to be able to select my own cabin; I did that for the one price drop I received. I wouldn't go the GTY route on this cruise anyway, since we have two cabins and I don't want them separated.

Correct that Early Saver rates stop about 3-5 months out (depending on lenght of cruise). But if you keep the original Early Saver booking, you can get price protection (adjusted rates) on any other fare up to 2 days before sailing. There won't be any more Early Saver fares, but more deals like "Wheel of Fortune, 50% reduced deposit sales , etc. to price match too.

Not correct. If you are booked ES you can price match to any rate up until 2 days before sailing. You will always be ES unless you book any rate where Carnival picks your room. Then you will no longer be ES. You can price match to any other rate and stay ES except guarantee.

We regularly book ES and later we can match to military if the rate is less. We will still be ES.

So, as long as you are not matching a rate where Carnival picks your room, you will always be ES and can price match until 2 days before.

Not correct. If you are booked ES you can price match to any rate up until 2 days before sailing. You will always be ES unless you book any rate where Carnival picks your room. Then you will no longer be ES. You can price match to any other rate and stay ES except guarantee.

We regularly book ES and later we can match to military if the rate is less. We will still be ES.

So, as long as you are not matching a rate where Carnival picks your room, you will always be ES and can price match until 2 days before.

Perfect answer!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerReuv viewpost.gif

Perfect answer!

Thank you. This is what I thought.

I just got "upgraded" and I'm not Early Saver, saw the sale price for a category above what I booked and called my PVP up and she changed me in less then a minute! Keep in mind you can only go up this way... But I'm happy either way! :D

Also remember to look at taxes, because for my cruise the taxes increased which made the savings not worth the hastle and making me pay an additional amount upfront. Guess the tax base increased from last November when I booked for this November sailing. :(