The Verandah

sandancer

Could any of you seasoned Cunarders tell me about The Verandah restaurant on the QV. We always try the speciality restaurants on whichever cruise we are on. I have to say that the cover charge of $24 surprised me. We are used to paying much more. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Could any of you seasoned Cunarders tell me about The Verandah restaurant on the QV. We always try the speciality restaurants on whichever cruise we are on. I have to say that the cover charge of $24 surprised me. We are used to paying much more. Thanks

I love the Verandah on QV although the one on QE is better in my opinion.

The food is in the French Style and all cooked to order so it takes a long time to have a meal, but it is worth the wait.

I love the Verandah too, though I think the QV has the better one....so they must be both pretty good. Mia is the MD in the restaurant here and she is excellent.

I personally think the $24 is a bargain considering the meal

Thanks to both you. Have booked for 2 nights. We have some very nice wine we want to take, I know you can take one bottle each on board, is it acceptable to take it to the Verandah or only the MDR?

I know you can take one bottle each on board, is it acceptable to take it to the Verandah or only the MDR?

Hi

You can take on board as many bottles as you like. We always take half a dozen bottles of fizz (at least). Friends take more.

You will have to pay $20 corkage in dining rooms and public areas. Having stated that, it is sometimes waived if there's a decent sized tip in the offing.

Verandah is certainly a perfect venue. As Diamonds we get the free lunch there.

Stewart

Well, that's good. I thought I read that you were allowed 1 bottle each if you are celebrating a special occasion. We don't usually bother to take wine with us as our other cruises are on lines where we have a lot of free drinks (at least, a lot for us, not being big drinkers) due to our cruising history with them. Will def take some fizz and wine.

We've only tried Verandah on QV but certainly intend to return and patronage the restaurant on the other ships; it was a fabulous meal and is now one of my fiance's favourite venues anywhere in the world.

For the cover charge you don't just get the three courses either; there are appetizers, breads, petit fours, tea & coffee, etc. A very substantial offering.

Very interested in the Verandah in the re-imagined QM2. Was completely underwhelmed by Todd English, and am happy to say buh-bye to him, so maybe the change to the Verandah will suit me? Will at least check out the menu on our crossing in June.

You can check out the menus here:

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/example_menu

The Verandah menu is slightly different on the QE and QV so it'll be interesting to see what it's like on QM2.

Thanks for the link. We are already booked for 2 nights on our upcoming QV cruise. Printed the menu so we can peruse it at leisure. All I can say is thank goodness we're going twice!!!

How does the Verandah compare to the Grills? Is that also a worthwhile difference or would you stay in the Grill?

I can't seem to book the Verandah for lunch online? Is that normal and only possible to book lunches once we've boarded the QE?

Edited by MOZBOB

How does the Verandah compare to the Grills? Is that also a worthwhile difference or would you stay in the Grill?

I can't seem to book the Verandah for lunch online? Is that normal and only possible to book lunches once we've boarded the QE?

The Verandah would be a nice change of scenery, but if you're in Queens Grill just request what is on the Verandah menu prepared the same way. It would save you some dollars! ;)

For Diamond Cunard World Club members, we have a free lunch in the Verandah or Todd English which I take advantage of whether in Britannia or in Queens Grill.