Fascination Review (Feb 27-March 3rd)

Terab85

Waving heyyyyyy to another Georgia girl! You did a great job with your first review! I can't believe I've only been to Half Moon Cay once. Your pictures have me wanting to book another cruise just to go back there again. Thanks for sharing your vacation with us. :D

Hi Teresa

I saw your review and just wanted to jump in and say hello. I am glad you guys enjoyed the Fascination and hope the weather was at least as good as I suggested to you last year. You did a nice job on your review hope you keep them coming.

MaryAnn & Jay

2015 Liberty CC group

To: Tiff 54 here is a link to the nearby River City Market Place. http://rgpt.com/property/river-city-marketplace/ It is about a mile from your hotel.

Love the review. I will be on the Fascination in May out of San Juan. Looking forward to it! We have done one smaller older ship and one larger new one. So far I like the smaller older better for the reasons some have mentioned here. We shall see!

Hi Teresa

I saw your review and just wanted to jump in and say hello. I am glad you guys enjoyed the Fascination and hope the weather was at least as good as I suggested to you last year. You did a nice job on your review hope you keep them coming.

MaryAnn & Jay

2015 Liberty CC group

To: Tiff 54 here is a link to the nearby River City Market Place. http://rgpt.com/property/river-city-marketplace/ It is about a mile from your hotel.

Thanks MaryAnn! The weather was definitely nicer than the Feb 2015 cruise. We're doing another one Sept 2017 with Hank (GAHawkeye) and family :o

Waving heyyyyyy to another Georgia girl! You did a great job with your first review! I can't believe I've only been to Half Moon Cay once. Your pictures have me wanting to book another cruise just to go back there again. Thanks for sharing your vacation with us. :D

Thanks Gapearl! I will be checking out your trip report for the Magic since that our next cruise :D

What time did you ship arrive and what was your ship scheduled to leave Half Moon Cay?

You noted in an earlier post that you got to the island at 8.30am and were on the tender back to the ship at 2.15pm.

Our ship doesn't arrive until 9.30 and leave until 5.30pm next Monday.

Edited by esdoorn

What time did you ship arrive and what was your ship scheduled to leave Half Moon Cay?

You noted in an earlier post that you got to the island at 8.30am and were on the tender back to the ship at 2.15pm.

Our ship doesn't arrive until 9.30 and leave until 5.30pm next Monday.

I'm thinking we were there from 8-3:00. I know the last tender with the employees was at 3:00 and we left shortly after that. I wish we could have been there later.

I'm thinking we were there from 8-3:00. I know the last tender with the employees was at 3:00 and we left shortly after that. I wish we could have been there later.

Thanks!

How would you rate Cabana #10 for shade during the day?

Thanks!

How would you rate Cabana #10 for shade during the day?

Shade was great in the cabana. I actually had to drag one of the chaise lounge chairs in there to get some sun since it was still early and the weather was cool. The sun never reached inside the cabana by the tables the whole time we were there. There are a bunch of trees and plenty of shade around the cabana also. We had to drag some chairs down by the water to get any sun. Hope that helps.

Shade was great in the cabana. I actually had to drag one of the chaise lounge chairs in there to get some sun since it was still early and the weather was cool. The sun never reached inside the cabana by the tables the whole time we were there. There are a bunch of trees and plenty of shade around the cabana also. We had to drag some chairs down by the water to get any sun. Hope that helps.

Thank you! This is very helpful!!

We cruise on March 28th and can't wait!!

Not sure if anyone is still reading this, but here is the latest Full Flight Video of the Carnival Fascination anchored on a beautiful day March 1, 2016 in Half Moon Cay.

This video was taken with my DJI Phantom 3 with a DBS Extended Range Antenna to get out past the ship operating it from the beach.

Not sure if anyone is still reading this, but here is the latest Full Flight Video of the Carnival Fascination anchored on a beautiful day March 1, 2016 in Half Moon Cay.

This video was taken with my DJI Phantom 3 with a DBS Extended Range Antenna to get out past the ship operating it from the beach.

Great video Kevin!!! A view of Half Moon Cay that we don't get to see and it was beautiful. Are you going to post anymore or was that it?

Oh that's great! Since laying on a lounge chair in the sun watching the ocean go by is one of my favourite things to do, I was starting to re-think going on that ship! Glad to hear there are lots of spots :)

jtdlmc, if you look at my siggie line you will see what I think about this ship/that spot. :))

Great video Kevin!!! A view of Half Moon Cay that we don't get to see and it was beautiful. Are you going to post anymore or was that it?

That's it. One of Nassau and 2 of HMC. Sorry we didn't meet up, but leaving the port late kind of made things a bit harder to plan.

I really enjoyed your review and can't believe this is just your first and you have some beautiful pictures. HMC....I just LOVE HMC and it's one of my favorite ports. We were there, only once, in 2010 (before the pirate ship bar and two level cabanas) and need to get back. I also appreciate the pictures of Fascination you added because if I get my wish, I'd like to do the southern itinerary again out of San Juan that she'll be taking over shortly. I've seen so many complaints but I really like the looks of Fascination and think I'd really enjoy her. Thank you for taking the time to do this review.