Cruise virgins!!!

My husband and I are taking our first cruise in may, we will be visiting Nassau, St Thomas, and St. Marrten we are going with my best friend and her boyfriend, I'm very excited but very nervous BC I honestly have no idea what to expect , or what to do on each island.....any help or recommendations is appreciated!!!! Thanks in advance!!

If you are looking for specific things to do in the ports you are visiting then I suggest visiting the Ports of Call forums and asking there. There is a ton of good information in there.

I can only speak to St. Maarten from the ports you listed, we booked a non-ship tour with Bernard's Tours and had a wonderful day. I would have preferred not having a beach stop in the middle of the tour (so we were sandy/wet for the rest of the tour) but we made the best of it and still had a great time.

Welcome to cruise critic!

Follow the suggestions noted here by the other posters and you'll gain a wealth of information on ports of call and what to do in each port. As for the cruise itself, go with an open mind prepared to do as much or as little as you like. You will find so much good information here from experienced cruisers that by the time you set sail, you will feel like an experienced cruiser yourself. Do a search on the boards for your particular ship (Oasis or Allure maybe?) and you'll find many posts/reviews that will give you some good information on the ship itself. Don't stress, have fun!

My husband and I are taking our first cruise in may, we will be visiting Nassau, St Thomas, and St. Marrten we are going with my best friend and her boyfriend, I'm very excited but very nervous BC I honestly have no idea what to expect , or what to do on each island.....any help or recommendations is appreciated!!!! Thanks in advance!!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You may also want to find your ship and sailing date here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35

That would be your Roll Call, which is where the folks on your sailing are getting to know each other.

The one thing I would recommend (maybe two things) is don't try to do everything onboard, and don't try to eat everything. Not possible.

But if you want two entrees at dinner or can't decide between two, just ask - they are happily provided. Same with desserts.

Have a great trip!

I'm very excited but very nervous BC I honestly have no idea what to expect , or what to do on each island.....any help or recommendations is appreciated!

I'm sure if you give us an idea of your interests myself and the other resident experts will steer you in the right direction.

Ports of Call threads and Trip Advisor are your friends.

I'm thinkin' you're on an Oasis class ship?

Definitely check your roll call and the ports of call threads for each port. Great first time recommendation for St Maarten is to get a cab over to Maho Beach, rent a couple chairs, get some drinks from Sunset and watch the planes come in overhead. My wife and I loved doing this, was great for a first visit. Enjoy!

You might be tempted to attend port/shopping talks onboard but why squander time better spent, say pool-side? These presentations are recorded and played back on tv in your cabin.

Still, you might enjoy but probably only once. ;)

The one thing I would recommend (maybe two things) is don't try to do everything onboard, and don't try to eat everything. Not possible.

But if you want two entrees at dinner or can't decide between two, just ask - they are happily provided. Same with desserts.

Have a great trip!

Don't believe them, I came really close to eating everything on board. It felt that way at least.

I would suggest you get a couple of books, one cruise tips and one on ports of the Caribbean.

In St. Marten we've done Capt Bob's (there are a few different posts about his tours). He does a tour stopping at a few beaches (including Maho to see a plane land), takes you snorkeling to a couple of spots, feeds you a delicious lunch on Grand Case and provides drinks throughout the whole tour. It's been one of our favorite excursions.

On St. Thomas we have always just gotten off the ship and taking a taxi to Meghans's Bay. It's a beautiful beach. In a couple of weeks we're doing the catamaran excursion through RCCL for the first time.

Have a great cruise!

As for the experience etc., you can go to youtube and type in your ship name. There are tons of videos.