Royal Princess - St Thomas

Amtrack Springfield

Fairly definite, officers said its in the process of approvals and looks good but not confirmed.

That's my understanding as well. It hasn't been confirmed but the rumor is that is in the plan for the dry dock later this year. Not certain about the aft pool but it is possible to be done at the same time.

The Regal will get the staircase mod during it's "warranty dry dock" next year, again not confirmed but.........very likely.

The 3rd Royal Class ship being finished for the Asian market does have the central staircase.

I read that it was the expense that caused them not to finish the staircase. It really didn't look like it needed much more attention to convert it for public use.

When we used if for the muster drill it literally looks like the standard stair case just stripped down. Carpet, paneling, paint, take down some doors and you have your stairs.

When we used if for the muster drill it literally looks like the standard stair case just stripped down. Carpet, paneling, paint, take down some doors and you have your stairs.

That's the same feeling we got. I can't see why it would be too expensive to convert at this stage.

I am just off the Royal. We arrived on time this morning. We did skip Princess Cays but I was OK with that!! My understanding is that the generator issue will be fixed while the ship is in port today. Not supposed to be any impact on the next sailing.

Edited by spingal

I am just off the Royal. We arrived on time this morning. We did skip Princess Cays but I was OK with that!! My understanding is that the generator issue will be fixed while the ship is in port today. Not supposed to be any impact on the next sailing.

It might be a little disappointing if you hadn't seen it before.

We just consider it another beach day & living in Florida it's not a big loss for us.

Sorry to hear the Royal is having problems. My SIL and BIL are on the ship. They love the beach and snorkeling at Princess Cay. They have been many times over but will still be disappointed no doubt if the port is missed. Bottom line is that everyone is safe...nothing else matters.

For those posting who are on the ship, I am curious if you felt the earth move when you were in Antigua because of the quake under the Caribbean Sea.

Sandy :)

We knew nothing of it until we got on shore and our cab driver told us about the earthquake.... We didn't felel it at all

The Royal still has an on going problem with one of it's generators. We were 1 hour late into St. Thomas because the Captain announced we could not make normal speed. It's a carry over problem from the last cruise.

Glad to here everything is going great!!! I was on the Royal before you. It was a fantastic cruise!!!

As you probably know we missed Princess Cays so we could make it back to Fort Lauderdale in time. So your last port could be impacted by the generator issue. Just making sure you are aware and hope that isn't the case for you. ;)

Just back from Royal cruise. We came back to Fort Lauderdale with three generators. One still not working. When we left Aruba we were told that there would be the working generators. We were told much earlier in the cruise about this problem.

Edited by geocruiser