Self debarkation off Allure Fort Lauderdale

What's the earliest flight anyone has booked? What's the earliest time they may call for this group?

Had friends do walk off last month with the Allure, and they had a 10:40a flight at FLL and were there in plenty of time.

What's the earliest flight anyone has booked? What's the earliest time they may call for this group?

Folks doing self-assist disembarkation can be off the ship before 7am.

I've made an 8am flight off Oasis but I certainly wouldn't book such an early flight. We were non-revving and had booked an earlier flight but were able to change to earlier flight since self debarkation was so flawless.

• 2 weeks later...
I am looking to book my return flight and was hoping to walk off the ship first thing. Is a 8:45 possible or to easily? The next flight is not u til 2:45.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Yes, the flight is possible, but I would not book it. Too early for my stress level.

We made an 8:53 a.m. flight, but certain things need to happen. You have to be one of the first in the self-debark line (they tell you 6:30 a.m., but we were there at 5:45 a.m.), be able to take the escalator (so you have to have one hand free), get through customs quickly (out of your control), grab a cab, use curbside check-in, get through TSA (precheck extremely helpful here), and then get to your gate. We were at our gate at 7:00 a.m., so we had 1 hour and 53 minutes to wait. Everything went according to plan. We commented that it could have been otherwise if there is a problem with customs.

If you have cruised out of Port Everglades on Allure or Oasis before and done self debarkation, you should be fine IF customs cooperates. There are no guarantees, but the odds are good that you will make it. Every now and again you won't. Some people say they can't handle the stress, so I wouldn't do it. It didn't stress us - we were very proactive. If you can't move quickly, don't do it. If you have no wiggle room in your plans in case things don't work out - don't do it.

I would not book any flight earlier than noon. Debarkation sometimes is significantly delayed not by the cruise line but instead by customs. On the Allure we attempted an early walk-off and were delayed by almost 2 hours in October 2013.

That's my feeling. If you go with that flight, I would make sure I was the first person off the ship.

If we do not do self disembarking what time do you think we can get to the airport?our flight is at 11.40 so we should be ok right?

:cool:

If we do not do self disembarking what time do you think we can get to the airport?our flight is at 11.40 so we should be ok right?

I would try to get luggage tags on the early side, not later than 9am. See Guest Services.

Edited by clarea

We're in the same situation as you...trying to decide whether to self disembark or to get off on the normal process with an early luggage tag (11:30am flight)

Edited by LuCruise

We're in the same situation as you...trying to decide whether to self disembark or to get off on the normal process with an early luggage tag (11:30am flight)

I don't think you will have a problem using the luggage tag method, just get early tags. The last tags on Oasis are listed at 11:15am, which would not be good.

If you can change the flight to the later flight if you miss it then I would book it but if you can't change it then I would not because one wrong thing happens and you have missed your flight and now have to pay for a new flight

Anything can happen their could be traffic

Everyone could decide to get up that day and walk off the ship

Custom's could delay the debark process

You could get pulled aside at custom's for what ever reason

Just make sure you know the check in requirements of the airline you are flying. Since yours is an international flight some want you and your bags checked in 2 hours prior to your flight.

Edited by reallyitsmema