? re: Anniversary sale/beverage card offer

CJcruzer

Am I understanding this correctly, that it is $100 beverage card per person (1st and 2nd guests in a cabin) - not $100 total for stateroom ( each person with a $50 card)....

Thanks.

Carol

Its two, $50 cards (or one $100 card) per cabin.

Its on my new booking confirmation, so I am sure this is correct.

Its two, $50 cards (or one $100 card) per cabin.

Its on my new booking confirmation, so I am sure this is correct.

Our last cruise they combined into one $100 Beverage card which was very awkward to share with two people not going the same place on board.

My confirmation today says we will receive two $50 cards.

Our last cruise they combined into one $100 Beverage card which was very awkward to share with two people not going the same place on board.

My confirmation today says we will receive two $50 cards.

My cruise last Dec they said 2, $50 cards, but we only got one $100 card. Go figure.

What is the Anniversary sale/ beverage card that everyone is talking about?

It's a new promotion that HAL is offering on their website. The Anniversary Sale includes free gratuities and beverage card for selected sailings. There are additional benefits if one books a suite.

See this thread for more info (or go to the HAL website): http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2331943

Edited by Alberta Quilter

We had booked a VB grade deck 4 stern cabin, 21 days, on the Oosterdam a few weeks ago. Cost was $2279 pp plus tax and port charges. We got some extra cabin credits and dinners from our TA. This week, I saw the Anniversary Sale. I went into HAL's site and checked the prices. My same cabin grade (VB) now costs $2679 pp. So, for the extra $800 for 2 persons, we would get free hotel service charges and a $100 drink card for 2 people to share. The hotel service charges come to $525 for both passengers for the 21 days. The math says that with the Anniversary Sale, we would be spending $175 more money for the same grade cabin. Simple marketing, jack up the prices and offer all kinds of free stuff. No deal here, as far as veranda cabins go.

• 3 weeks later...
My cruise last Dec they said 2, $50 cards, but we only got one $100 card. Go figure.

I am traveling solo and have been told that I get two $50 beverage cards as it is two per cabin not necessarily one per person. Very unusual for them to do this. Solos usually pay double but don't get double benefits.