Return Flight Home Question

Janet S.

We are looking at the Zuiderdam Panama Canal/Caribbean sailing ending November 30 in Ft. Lauderdale. The flight home would be at 1:30 pm. Barring any delays which I know can happen, would we make that flight. We would be in a Neptune Suite if that matters. Thanks.

Under normal circumstances, that should be an easy to make flight.

HAL has always suggested flights be after 11:30 AM in Ft. Lauderdale (although in recent years that time seems a bit tight).

The few times we have flown out of Fort Lauderdale we have always booked the 1:30 PM flight, but in all occasions we would have been okay booking the earlier flight. We felt safer though with later flight. We were not in that much of a hurry to get home and the trip be over, so we enjoyed the wait.

We are looking at the Zuiderdam Panama Canal/Caribbean sailing ending November 30 in Ft. Lauderdale. The flight home would be at 1:30 pm. Barring any delays which I know can happen, would we make that flight. We would be in a Neptune Suite if that matters. Thanks.

Should not be a problem, especially since it is a Wed and port traffic should be light. I just booked a 11:49 am flight on a Wed after my Dec cruise.

Over the past 3 years I have had 4 FLL arrivals and normally we are at the airport by 9 am. We do try to get off the ship early though, just to be safe.

Edited by DaveOKC

Unless there are any unusual conditions you should be fine. This past weekend (March 20th) I had a 12PM flight booked from FLL - and I was a little nervous thinking I cut it a little too t close.

That being said, I was off the ship at 7:30, and the HAL shuttle left promptly at 8AM. I did notice that there were lots of cabs available, and virtually no lines for the cabs. At FLL by 8:15 - and in line to check in which did not open until 9AM. The line up for security was something else - there was a line - to get into the line for security screening that stretched out to the parking garage. This took about 45 minutes to clear, and I was at my gate by 10AM.

Given recent world events, security may be more strict, and you may have to build in a bigger cushion, but I think 1:30 will be fine.