Pre-cruise stay mini review

RG306

We flew into Miami the day before our cruise and our group of 8 used On Time Passenger Van for transportation from the MIA airport to the hotel, hotel to Miami cruise port, & back to FLL for our flight home. Jose was amazing as usual & I would highly recommend him.

We opted to stay at the JW Marriott Marquis. This hotel was fantastic. Great location. The rooms were very large & spacious. Staff were great. I posted earlier in the year that they have now introduced a $15 amenity fee. Well it was totally worth it. You get enhanced high speed wifi for up to 6 devices, 30 minutes of virtual bowling, billiards, golf with an instructor, a yoga class, etc. Our group took advantage of many of the amenities including playing basketball on the NBA sized court. Everyone had a blast & it was an awesome way to start the trip. The hotel is also very close to Bayside. Whole foods and CVS are around the corner (we requested mini fridges in the rooms & stocked up fruit & yogurt for the morning). Best part is that all 3 rooms ended up having port views & we could see our ship docked. A great place to stay & if we cruise out of Miami again, I'll definitely stay here. We got a great price using Marriott's look no further guarantee but deals are to be had through LMT too.

We did spend the afternoon at bayside. Had lunch at Tradewinds and then did the Thriller Miami tour. We got a great deal on living social & we had the best time. We sat in the back row & got absolutely soaked. It was a little tour/informational but a lot of high speed fun. Everyone in our group loved it! It's definitely a must do!

Hope this helps someone in their planning process!

Flew into MIA but out of FLL? :confused:

How did your transport costs compare to using a taxi in Miami? :confused: Might be worth a bit extra to have everyone together instead of split into 2-3 taxis.

Thank you for your review. I have been torn between a few hotels and which one to book. The Marriott was one of them. Glad you liked it. Was Tradewinds good? That was on my list to try. I agree about Jose, he is wonderful. We used him on our last cruise and he was great.

Flew into MIA but out of FLL? :confused:

How did your transport costs compare to using a taxi in Miami? :confused: Might be worth a bit extra to have everyone together instead of split into 2-3 taxis.

We used on time passenger van for all our transportation. It's probably more expensive than taxis but we love him! It's such a nice way to travel, no stress.

Thank you for your review. I have been torn between a few hotels and which one to book. The Marriott was one of them. Glad you liked it. Was Tradewinds good? That was on my list to try. I agree about Jose, he is wonderful. We used him on our last cruise and he was great.

We enjoyed it. There's something for everyone on the menu. Service is ok. But it's so nice to sit outside and eat dockside.

Glad you liked the Marriott Marquis. This is one of the hotels I always list when people ask for some recommendations for hotels in the downtown area.

Keith

It's a good one. I was pleasantly surprised by the port views and how large the rooms were. [emoji4]

We enjoyed it. There's something for everyone on the menu. Service is ok. But it's so nice to sit outside and eat dockside.

I agree. Nothing like that. I almost don't care what I am eating if it is outside with a nice view on a nice day.